PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Detroit Autorama this weekend?

MI2QWK4U
02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
It's sneaking up quickly! Any of the Motor City Marauders planning on going to the Autorama? Jerry Barnes will be there with his hot rod, Jag, SEMA Marauder, and I will be with him with my baby too. If you are going, I want to be sure to see you when you are there. All the info is in this link: http://www.autorama.com/casi/detroit.htm .

bigslim
02-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I will be there on Saturday. It will be in the early afternoon. See you there.

dwasson
02-25-2004, 06:43 AM
I'm gonna try to be there Saturday. The wife may even want to go. She likes the street rods.

Meteorite
02-25-2004, 11:29 AM
My son Eliot and I will be there all Friday evening (4pm to 10pm) at the Quarter Midget racing display (back in the far right corner, by the toy section). If anyone is around on Friday evening, come by and say hi.

bubba
02-25-2004, 12:41 PM
I am planning on going to Autorama on Saturday Afternoon. I am not sure about driving my DTR MM down to Detroit. I might drive my 1995 F350 Crew Cab Powerstroke.

MI2QWK4U
02-27-2004, 06:27 AM
It was a Zoo down there last night for setup, but the Trilogy area is set up an looks great. We have sections 711-714, the Trilogy SEMA car, my Marauder, Jerry's classic Jag, and his Hot Rod. I will post some pics tonight. I have found at least 3 new local Marauder owners that didnt know of the site, but do now, and that was just the set up night crowd! They also didnt know about the Eaton supercharger, but they do now and the Trilogy family will be getting bigger. Needless to say I am on a recuiting tear! It would be great to increase the membership of the Motor City Marauders while having fun. If any of you guys are coming down, give me a call on my cell and we can hook up.

jobrien8
02-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Can't make it this year. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif Gotta work. :bows: Like to see the photos.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif Post any Motor City get-togethers, would like to meet the people that I see cruising around the east side (St. Clair Shores/Roseville/etc.).

merc406
02-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Can'thttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img] Post any Motor City get-togethers, would like to meet the people that I see cruising around the east side (St. Clair Shores/Roseville/etc.).

I think I may have seen you jo, you travel Marter Road area?

Meteorite
02-27-2004, 10:03 AM
MI2QWK4U,

My son Eliot and I will be down there from 4 to 10 pm this evening, working at the display for our Quarter Midget racing club.

We will come by and look for you in the Trilogy area. We'll both be wearing black Marauder-related T-shirts.

-Paul Erlandson

It was a Zoo down there last night for setup, but the Trilogy area is set up an looks great. We have sections 711-714, the Trilogy SEMA car, my Marauder, Jerry's classic Jag, and his Hot Rod. I will post some pics tonight. I have found at least 3 new local Marauder owners that didnt know of the site, but do now, and that was just the set up night crowd! They also didnt know about the Eaton supercharger, but they do now and the Trilogy family will be getting bigger. Needless to say I am on a recuiting tear! It would be great to increase the membership of the Motor City Marauders while having fun. If any of you guys are coming down, give me a call on my cell and we can hook up.

MI2QWK4U
02-27-2004, 08:49 PM
It was nice meeting you Paul (Meteorite) finally! It was busy for a Friday. Met another member here Robert (REpson) who cant wait to hang with the Mo Town Marauders! Gave out the cards to the mm.net site address to 4 more local Marauder owners that have never been to MM.net before and hopefully will be joining soon. Another two guys were on the bubble on buying a Marauder, and after looking at the Trilogy setup on my car, they will both be visiting Jerry at Trilogy for thier free test drive in the #1 car, and if the like it, they are getting both a Marauder and Trilogy blower..how cool is that! Jobrien, Check your Private Messages please. If this keeps up, we will have the largest, most organized band of Merry Marauders in the USA. I will be back tomorrow at 10am for the Saturday rush. Darryl, Call me before you head down, I will have my cell on. Later....

Meteorite
02-28-2004, 05:17 AM
MI2QWK4U,

It was nice meeting you, also. I appreciate the time you spent chatting with me about your car. I learned some things; thanks!

--Paul

It was nice meeting you Paul (Meteorite) finally! It was busy for a Friday.

MikesMerc
02-28-2004, 11:07 AM
I was down there last night with a buddy. We stopped by the Trilogy booth for a while and Jerry and I spent a lot of time talking about the details of getting the blower on my 04. It was perfect timing as I had just finalized the installation details with Lidio this week too. As soon as Lid get's the 04 computer code fully cracked and worked, I'm going in for the blower kit.

Jerry mentioned that Steve B was gonna hook up a 2004 for Lid to tweak on. But, if it needs to happen, I'll be donating my 04 for Lidio's R&D.

Hopefully within 2 weeks they'll be ready for the install according to Lidio and Jerry.

On another note, Jerry mentioned that the Motor City Mauraders has really developed some formal organization. Congrats to the new officers of the club :beer: I'll be one of the regulars for sure. I just changed to a new job and it will make my schedule much more accomodating for events and such.

Dave, sorry I didn't give you a call back. I deleted the message when I got home that day and then proceeded to completely forget. My apologies. Let me know what other info you need and I'll forward it asap.

Here's a pic of me, Jerry, and one of his engineers at the show last night.
http://home.comcast.net/~mdzcpa/photos/autoramamm.jpg

bigslim
02-28-2004, 08:20 PM
I was there today (saturday). It was nice seeing those big, black cars on display. The Trilogy car really looks better in person with the ground effects on it. Jerry told me he has gotten quite a bit of attention about this body kit. He is still working with a vendor on developing one to sell. Also, I would like to mention that Dave's car looks great after having it detailed. Zack did a great job on his badgeless grille. Had a nice time seeing the cars and talking to friends. Just one more day so go and enjoy it. Mike, can't wait for you to rejoin us soon. I hope the new job is going good for you.

16secondp71
03-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey fellas, I was there at the show Sunday and lets just say I spotted the Marauders through a large crowd from about 50 feet away. I must say you have some nice cars and I was impressed with the Trilogy set-up. I snapped a quick pic of the engine bay in one of the cars and then moved on to the rest of the show(although I could have stood there for hours drooling over them both). :D

MI2QWK4U
03-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey fellas, I was there at the show Sunday and lets just say I spotted the Marauders through a large crowd from about 50 feet away. I must say you have some nice cars and I was impressed with the Trilogy set-up. I snapped a quick pic of the engine bay in one of the cars and then moved on to the rest of the show(although I could have stood there for hours drooling over them both). :D

Check out this link... http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8385