PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' Snow!

Fin Harder 92
02-26-2004, 12:17 PM
I guess the God of speed doesn't want me to have a Mod'd MM. It won't stop snowing. Mark Ray picked up the car this morning to begin the work. Marauderman, I'm over here in the Springhill Suites beside the Texas Roadhouse. Maybe you'd like to bring out the S/C and play in the white stuff?

Take Care

greyghost
02-26-2004, 12:35 PM
I guess the God of speed doesn't want me to have a Mod'd MM. It won't stop snowing. Mark Ray picked up the car this morning to begin the work. Marauderman, I'm over here in the Springhill Suites beside the Texas Roadhouse. Maybe you'd like to bring out the S/C and play in the white stuff?

Take Care
Yes he does, he just wants you to be patient. It will; be worth the wait.

nslatin
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I have the answer for you. Want to buy a set of snow tires? All mounted up and ready to go. My wife is heading down to Fayetteville next week so I can throw them in the car for you. I'll even cut you a break in consideration for the steering wheel god's head.

Neal

Marauderman
02-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Hey Fin (John)-

Actually, I'm stuck at work about two exits down from you on Harris Blvd..seems after being here from 6:30 AM this morning, I'll be here at least till then tomorrow morning...have to cover for the power plant guy who can't come/get in tonight for his 6:30-to 6:30 shift--- actually--no one can seem to move on the highways here -- somewhat grid-lock of a mess I hear from those who have tried to venture out---So........... I know how your feeling---I may end up pulling a 32 hour shift out of this ..will try and not get :sleepy: --at least you got a bed .....duh!!

Cobra25
02-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe it's time too move to sunny Florida, More Play time down here.

Bigdogjim
02-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Well this is almost as funny as the Texas guys that snow last week:lol:

Sorry guy but we Northerner live with it:mad:

Sucks I know!

greyghost
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Well this is almost as funny as the Texas guys that snow last week:lol:

Sorry guy but we Northerner live with it:mad:

Sucks I know!
You know each part of our wonderful country has really great attributes and a few short comings. I will be moving from Atlanta in another 2-5 yrs and it will be farther North so I can enjoy the snow a bit each year. I know, I know, some will think I am crazy but others will understand. I will have a garage for my car and a winter beater car so the prime ride is preserved.

merc406
02-26-2004, 04:50 PM

Take Care

Snow.....heh heh.... got salt?

Fin Harder 92
02-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with Mark and as I thought nothing was accomplished, sat in traffic most of the day. I don't have a problem in the snow and it doesn't snow enough to have snow shoes (thanks NSLATIN). The problem is all these other nondriving knuckleheads and the nanny's who crap their pants when they see a storm cloud. I'm all weather, baby.

As far as patience, you're right GRAYGHOST. However, arrangements were made a month ago and I'm burning two days away from my shop. I don't have the luxury to just up and boogy when ever I want so if this doesn't get done now...

Take Care

Fin Harder 92
02-26-2004, 05:05 PM
P.S. Yankee's get all that snow because they like to pay big tax $. I know, I hear them bragging about it all the time. So, enjoy that crap you're paying for it.

Take Care

Agent M79
02-26-2004, 05:08 PM
That's a tough deal, John. Got yer PM. Yes, the weather that we are having does have a bad effect on the progress of everything.

These folks just don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. I am guessing it would be pretty expensive for the few times it snows here. This might be the first time in the 9 years I've been here that there were more than a couple of snow events that shut the schools down.

It's too bad that Mark is being impacted and your car is taking so long. Keep us posted.

Fin Harder 92
02-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Dave, thanks. I know Mark will do everything possible to have me ready by Saturday. I did see a few DOT vehicles but as you said who the hell's going to spend the money if it just going to sit for the better part of a decade.

Take Care

LCpl Retired
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
snow and ice are fun

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=223759&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Marauderman
02-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Dave, thanks. I know Mark will do everything possible to have me ready by Saturday. I did see a few DOT vehicles but as you said who the hell's going to spend the money if it just going to sit for the better part of a decade.

Take Care

Wel, Today (Saturday 2-28th ) has turned out weather wise great --(60 degrees)-alot of snow melting--so I hope you have gotten your Mods installed and are enjoying your "New" MM....let us know about your new found thrills.. :banana: .......Tom