PDA

View Full Version : SSHS 12 Winners

SC Cheesehead
11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Marauder (racing) attendance was down this year, but still a good showing at what was one of the most GORGEOUS days we've ever had for the event; upper 70's, sunny with a light breeze, gotta love the Fall in the South! :sunshine:

Had a couple of winners all the same:

Shermanator took Pro Street honors with a 11.40

boatmangc took Best Paint in the Car Show, and a guy that of you may recall for year's past, TAF took Best Interior in the Car Show.

03mmmonroe made it to the semi-finals of Street Eliminator, and got beat by .004.

A couple first-time racers made their debut, congrats to CWright, ROCOB, and prchrman for representing!

Also NOTE TO POPS: there was a T-Bolt there that had your name written all over it, you shoulda been here! :D

The traditional post-race dinner at Outback was a great time, as always; this year 20 people showed up!

merc
11-03-2012, 06:12 PM
One of my favorite compitions. Looks like everyone had a great time.:)

Cobra25
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Congrats to all the Winners. !!!

martyo
11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Sorry we could not make it but we had our diesel Dyno day and were busy pulling 35 trucks!

jflave
11-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Looks like you guys had a good time, way to go. :2thumbs:

prchrman
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
First of all I have to say, Paul you were sorely missed today by all the old timers at SSHS. God bless you and His healing power touch you. I look forward to seeing you next year at SSHS13. I and my church are praying for you.

It was great seeing everyone. What a good group of car loving people, even some of my bowtie loving friends. Met some new people and caught up with old pals. 10 years going to this event and my first time running my MM. I never really wanted to but since i did a few mods i wanted to see how it would run. First run 14.717/94.99mph/RT.287, 2nd run 14.712/95.05mph/RT.284, 3rd and final run 14.782/94.65/mph/RT.376. Not real fast but i am pretty sure what it will run, 14.7. I also beat a SS on one run so i am happy. If you have never come to a SSHS you are missing a great event will good people. The event shirt says "Run your car not your mouth" but GaMike and i thought we should run both : ). Some wild vehicles there today, datsun B210 that sounded like a big poulan chainsaw, a 11 second civic, a 12 second cherokee, a 12 second blazer, a 12second caprice wagon, and a mini rail car driven by a 8 year old girl that went 7 in the 1/8 which would kill my MM.
Again good to see everyone and the best part, sunshine and no wind.

SC Cheesehead
11-04-2012, 06:06 AM
First of all I have to say, Paul you were sorely missed today by all the old timers at SSHS. God bless you and His healing power touch you. I look forward to seeing you next year at SSHS13. I and my church are praying for you.

It was great seeing everyone. What a good group of car loving people, even some of my bowtie loving friends. Met some new people and caught up with old pals. 10 years going to this event and my first time running my MM. I never really wanted to but since i did a few mods i wanted to see how it would run. First run 14.717/94.99mph/RT.287, 2nd run 14.712/95.05mph/RT.284, 3rd and final run 14.782/94.65/mph/RT.376. Not real fast but i am pretty sure what it will run, 14.7. I also beat a SS on one run so i am happy. If you have never come to a SSHS you are missing a great event will good people. The event shirt says "Run your car not your mouth" but GaMike and i thought we should run both : ). Some wild vehicles there today, datsun B210 that sounded like a big poulan chainsaw, a 11 second civic, a 12 second cherokee, a 12 second blazer, a 12second caprice wagon, and a mini rail car driven by a 8 year old girl that went 7 in the 1/8 which would kill my MM.
Again good to see everyone and the best part, sunshine and no wind.

A BIG +1 to that ^^^^^ You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

We missed you Paul, and look forward to you joining us again at future Shootouts. heck we NEED you there, bubba, a Chebbie took most runs this year! :bigcry:

Bluerauder
11-04-2012, 06:28 AM
:congrats:

Congratulations to Sherm, boatmangc, TAF, 03mmmonroe and all who participated in SSHS12. Way to represent the MM community !!!

Marauderman
11-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Everyone who showed up was a winner. Thanks to Mo's Speed Shop , Jeff and Brandon, and Jim Bo, I had alot of things done to my MM this past two weeks and so it was a new learning experience for me--the most difficult, which should have been the easiest--was my new line-lock......well there has to be something, so I'd rather it be that than something else.....first time running with a race tune and gas which again was a learning curve, and then new street tune and the same---

Overall a fun time learning all over again was my motto for the day......

Really excited with the line-lock....such a fun toy device to play with.......

Looks like there is gonna be some new stripes in the neighborhood....

............And the wonderful continued fun time of meeting again old friends and meeting new ones.......

Thanks to CWright (Chris) for helping me with my trailer and also to Mr. Crazy
himself GaMike .....how did you get under that axile anyway???

Like it has been said--if you can make it down to Alt it is a fun bunch to hang with.... GREAT Team of friends !!

.....I must also thank Chris (Blown 3.6) who rescued me with some coil cover screws and ratchet in the heat of fixin loose items under the hood!!
Thank you once again!!

I also had the pleasure of having my daughter, her boy friend , her best friend and my 13 yr old granddaughter attend who all took pics and film of the event...will try and find how post later--a geat day--Yahoo!!

SC Cheesehead
11-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Everyone who showed up was a winner. Thanks to Mo's Speed Shop , Jeff and Brandon, and Jim Bo, I had alot of things done to my MM this past two weeks and so it was a new learning experience for me--the most difficult, which should have been the easiest--was my new line-lock......well there has to be something, so I'd rather it be that than something else.....first time running with a race tune and gas which again was a learning curve, and then new street tune and the same---

Overall a fun time learning all over again was my motto for the day......

Really excited with the line-lock....such a fun toy device to play with.......

Looks like there is gonna be some new stripes in the neighborhood....

............And the wonderful continued fun time of meeting again old friends and meeting new ones.......

Thanks to CWright (Chris) for helping me with my trailer and also to Mr. Crazy
himself GaMike .....how did you get under that axile anyway???

Like it has been said--if you can make it down to Alt it is a fun bunch to hang with.... GREAT Team of friends !!

.....I must also thank Chris (Blown 3.6) who rescued me with some coil cover screws and ratchet in the heat of fixin loose items under the hood!!
Thank you once again!!

I also had the pleasure of having my daughter, her boy friend , her best friend and my 13 yr old granddaughter attend who all took pics and film of the event...will try and find how post later--a geat day--Yahoo!!

Good stuff, Tom. Never did get a formal intro, but was good to see them there enjoying the day's activities.

CBT
11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Good job, fellas! More pics?

Marauderman
11-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Good stuff, Tom. Never did get a formal intro, but was good to see them there enjoying the day's activities.

No formals at SSHS outs necessary Rex, should have stepped right up and said HI...I'm sure you had met they from previous races--it was their 3rd SSHS--they remembered you-- your a hit where ever you go--!!!!

MMBLUE
11-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Great fun guys. Looks like it was a blast. I'll try to get there next year for the fun.

GAMike
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I want to echo the sentiment of Willie and Rex.... Paul, we are maintaining a vigil of positive thoughts for ya bud. You and Georgi keep kickin that crap in the azz. Keep doing what you have to to win pal. Also... hold $3.00 off to the side for next year... I want a chance to win my $$$ back;).

Its people that make this event what it is..... Yer just missin it if ya think its just the racin....(Its alot of HiPo BS'n as well:D)

A big thanks to Don Lambert this year...... Without his leadership this event was toast.....

Thanks to all the sponsors from the Marauder community that stepped up and supported Don's efforts... Above and beyond the call guys..... Really.(MM.net, Cannon Marine- Gary Cannon aka; Gary Cannon, SCCheesehead-Rex & 1stMerc-Waymon):bows:

Was really great to see Rex make it into the 12's Friday nite.... Ponyup & I celebrated your momentious acheivement with libation and talk of a "brewing":beer: Blues Bro. grudge match at a track to be named in the future.....:burnout:

While I would have rather been racin{southern accent off:shake:} Hanging out at the track is its own kind of fun when you have so many great folks to shoot the breeze with....

Want to give a big shout out to Motown Marauder on the occasion of his 1st Southern Super Heavy Shootout. We look forward to see you laying it down next year bud!

CWright- Above and beyond the call bud... You covered more of this state in a day, than most Georgians in a lifetime:beer:.
Stacey, Willie, Tom (I want that truck!), Mike S. Sherm & Chris, Bryan, Bill, Todd, Richard, Russ, Mike & my Chebby pals Paul & Jose. It was great being in your presense and totally worth the azz chewin from my wife when I got home:lol:

Lets do it all again next year when Paul gets back to town!:banana2:

PS: Hey Chris V..... Whaddya think about port/polishing the head on that minibike? I'm for sure thinking there are a couple missed puppies(not ponies) missed in that thing:D.

1stMerc
11-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Glad everyone had a good time and congrats to all the winners.
Special kudos to all the organizers and participants.

Hopefully i can make it next year.

71cyclone
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Glad everyone had a good time and congrats to all the winners.
Special kudos to all the organizers and participants.

Hopefully i can make it next year.

Double" DITTO":D

MarauderTJA
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Congrats to all :up:. Wish I could have been there. Stuck in Dallas, Texas. If all goes right, hope to make it next year. Glad to hear everyone had a great time.

mlschultz
11-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Great seeing everyone! Wendy and I had a great time! :)

Videos:

http://youtu.be/BEjFAvbW1os

http://youtu.be/3Q9ecJwGnKM

Slide Show:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114248398363139558973/SSHS12#slideshow/5806782693593867282

MOTOWN
11-05-2012, 05:55 AM
The SSHS was a great event ,and a great turn out for the MM.NET community nice to have met everyone!

Pops
11-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Rex do yoou have a picture of the T Bolt?

LSCR351
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
My family and I had a good time and enjoyed the event. I know my car was slow, but I ran it down the track twice anyway. I saw it as my way of contributing money to an event I enjoy, so that hopefully it will be around for many more years.

Paul T. Casey
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Good work folks, at least I'll have some bragging points on the Impala site. Wish I could have made it, but storms and schedules just got in the way. I'll be looking at the pictures/videos, and I'm sure I'll be chiming in with some sort of sarcastic remarks later.

Bradley G
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Good Stuff !

ROCOB
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Good work folks, at least I'll have some bragging points on the Impala site. Wish I could have made it, but storms and schedules just got in the way. I'll be looking at the pictures/videos, and I'm sure I'll be chiming in with some sort of sarcastic remarks later.

I hear ya Paul. We had a great a time, but of course, we wish you could have been in the mix. I am not sure who had the most runs this year, but I am confident your record was not in jeopardy:D

SC Cheesehead
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Rex do yoou have a picture of the T Bolt?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31 899&d=1351989502

boatmangc
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Mike!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PkWJbQHroOk/UJctYwzzANI/AAAAAAAAOGM/k7zxDB081_U/s1091/SSHS12+065.JPG
You just took my new desktop photo.:banana2:

1stMerc
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
^^^how did you do at the track?^^^

boatmangc
11-06-2012, 04:09 AM
^^^how did you do at the track?^^^

So I have been noticeably quiet?

Best time this year was 12.97. Last year 12.85.
I'm blowing the tires off the car. My trap speeds are up 4-5 MPH but I can't mat it until I am well into 2nd gear.
The car is completely different than last year, I am up 50 Hp and 60-70 on torque. When it finally hooks it goes like hell.
I ran street tires with lower and lower pressures all day and went slower each pass.
60' timer were horrible, I think there was a 2.6x in the mix.

Last pass I made my oil pressure went south. After I received CPR I figured out it was just the sender. But it shook me up enough to park the car.
Sherm had offered me a set of ET Streets to try and my next run would have been on them.
After my experience at SSHS8 I elected not to take chances.

justbob
11-06-2012, 04:44 AM
I was waiting to hear your results man! That sucks. All that time and money invested and you do worse than prior.. Boy do I know that story. Don't blame you at all on the scare, I would have crapped my pants so bad, others would have had skid marks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatmangc
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I was waiting to hear your results man! That sucks. All that time and money invested and you do worse than prior.. Boy do I know that story. Don't blame you at all on the scare, I would have crapped my pants so bad, others would have had skid marks!

It's ok Bob
The car is perfect.
Unless someone drops a twin screw in my lap, I'm done.
26-27 mpg @ 65
22-23 mpg @ 76-80
It will go sideways when it shifts into 3rd at wot while passing
Next run I will have real tires and its gonna run!
I couldn't be happier!!
BTW watch mlschulz's 2nd video around 4:50 and you can see me kill a new Camaro while blowing the tires away through 1st and 2nd!

DOOM
11-06-2012, 09:40 AM
:congrats: to all the winners!!!

Paul T. Casey
11-06-2012, 11:24 AM
BTW watch mlschulz's 2nd video around 4:50 and you can see me kill a new Camaro while blowing the tires away through 1st and 2nd!

That could be the new Geico "happier than a" commercial.

How happy are they Bob?

Happier than spanking a new muscle car in your 10 year old, 2 ton Grandpa mobile!

Just plain awesome!

Mebot
11-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I

That's awesome! Way to go!