PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Plane hits crossing car

SID210SA
11-07-2012, 07:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRiR3cF-cM

Driver: What ever that is it fell, what ever it is, it hit our car!

Bystander: Thats a landing gear, you got hit by an airplane!

Driver: I know that!

Bystander: Why did you pull out infront of an airplane is what I want to know?

Driver: WE DIDNT PULL OUT INFRONT OF AN AIRPLANE!!

My question is how could you not hear the plane.....I see those small suckers every day and have been in one a couple of times....they are not quiet. Not to mention it is said that she ran a stop sign.

We didnt pull out in front of an airplane....well WTH do you call that with 2 landing gears missing skidding down the runway?

MOTOWN
11-07-2012, 07:03 AM
That driver is an IDIOT!

Joe Walsh
11-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Probably was texting excitedly about driving near the end of an airport.....:shake:

Although that "STOP" painted on the street was pretty lame, and there should be a regular RED STOP sign on a post, the driver should have figured out where he was and what he was crossing.
Glad the inexperienced pilot was able to land safely after that hit.

CBT
11-07-2012, 07:36 AM
On Langley AFB, the education center building where the colleges hold classes is back around the airfield. Depending on which gate you drive thru, you may have to cross active taxi-ways, there is no other way to get around there from one side. There are little signs on the ground with little red and green lights beside them, probably not even knee high, and the road is curvy. Talk about *****ing your pants when you fly around a curve (Errr...I mean do the posted 25 MPH) and the light is RED, lol. And there are no barriers. You could turn onto the runways if you wanted to and pretend your Marauder is an F-22 Raptor. I'm not saying I would ever do it, but I like having the option. :cool:

SID210SA
11-07-2012, 07:54 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/denton/Caught-on-Tape-Roanoake-177177461.html

And this is what was reported by WFAA in Dallas

MOTOWN
11-07-2012, 08:03 AM
I always wondered what happened to Shawn Gables, she used to be a reporter in Detroit

cruzer
11-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I had a hanger at NW Regional (originally Aero Valley Airport) from 1976-2008. I landed on this runway hundreds of times--and crossed the runway approach in my car as many times--my hanger was on the other side of the runway from the entry road. In all these years, I can't remember but one other accident of this type. The driver of the vehicle had to know:
1. He was entering an airport environment

2. There are numerous signs indicating this is an active airport

3. A sign saying "Caution-Low Flying Aircraft" is posted

4. Aircraft have the right-of-way over ground vehicles on airport property, whether they are in the air or on the ground.

5. You should always be aware of your surroundings, no matter where you are driving.

Also, the pilot was expecting the driver to stop

The pilot lost sight of him as the driver entered the access road--he couldn't even see him for the last 100' altitude.

The driver had a clear field of vision on his left side---all he had to do was look to his left and he would have seen the aircraft in plenty of time to stop.

Now, more info:

The landing point was moved 300' down the runway to put us higher over the road.

I understand this was a student pilot--he was doing the best he could--he got into a sinking situation and did not get power response in time--could be a mechanical problem with the engine

I have 22,000 hours and this could have happened to me very easily.

Unless you are an experienced pilot, you cannot possibly uderstand all the factors working at this point in a landing approach.

Just thank Goodness that no one was seriously hurt---cars and airplanes can be repaired.

This accident should never have happened---period. Let the FAA handle it . Go to your locaal airport and experience the fun of flying a small plane.

Keep 'em Flying

Maury

Bluerauder
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
That driver is an IDIOT!

I have always suspected that half of the driver's in this area were IDIOTS. This morning I found out that exactly 58.93% are. ;)

Shaijack
11-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I bet I know who she voted for.

ajdereicup
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow thats idiotic. Unless they were blasting music they should've heard a plane...

guspech750
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I bet I know who she voted for.

Who?

:beatnik: