PDA

View Full Version : MM Rear Sway Bar???

Marauderjack
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Hey Folks...

I have often followed Rich Long's lead and I remember him saying the Reinhart Sway Bar made a great difference!! :bows:

Now....If I get one will the stock MM bar work on a 1998 Crown Vic and will it be any better than the stock CV bar??? :rolleyes:

If it won't work or help the CV....Whatcha do with the old one??? :mad2:

Marauderjack :)

O's Fan Rich
02-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Soon you'll be making disparaging comments about the Yankees and wearing orange and black during the lazy days of summer!!!

I'm not real sure, but I don't see why the stock MM bar would not work.
Might have to get new axle brackets.
Oh, my old one adorns the garage wall now. That's about all it's good for at present!!!!

RF Overlord
02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
will the stock MM bar work on a 1998 Crown Vic and will it be any better than the stock CV bar???

IIRC, the stock Marauder bar is the same one that comes with the HPP on a CV or a GM...so it would be fine on a CV or GM that didn't come with one from the factory (a non-HPP car), but it would be pointless to switch out if it already has one...

Black 04
02-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I have installed a stock MM sway bar on my 96 Grand Marquis, it fit with no problems.

SergntMac
02-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Agreed. Ditto. What he said ^ there.

These are the three way we usually respond in total agreement, unless you have a penchant for those dumb dancing bananas and goofy smiley whatevers...Some people need cartoons to express themselves, I prefer plain language.

"IIRC"

It took me a while to get this, but I think it means "If I recall correctly," right?

Well, I really wouldn't say it that way, y aknow? It's mor elikely I'd say it "as I recall it," so, "AIRI, okay?

I'm real glad we had this talk...

RF Overlord
02-27-2004, 05:48 PM
"IIRC"

It took me a while to get this, but I think it means "If I recall correctly," right?

Well, I really wouldn't say it that way, y aknow? It's mor elikely I'd say it "as I recall it," so, "AIRI, okay?

I'm real glad we had this talk...

Mac:

I grew up to see the invention of the internet and instant messaging...

You grew up to see the invention of the telegraph, then radio... :eek:

LOOK OUT! INCOMING!!! :flamer:

Mattsmerc
02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
you could use the sway bar as a curtain rod. :lol:

Fourth Horseman
02-27-2004, 11:08 PM
...unless you have a penchant for those dumb dancing bananas and goofy smiley whatevers...Some people need cartoons to express themselves...

All I've got to say to that is :down: :bs: :flamer: :shot:

:lol:

RCSignals
02-27-2004, 11:24 PM
IIRC, the stock Marauder bar is the same one that comes with the HPP on a CV or a GM...so it would be fine on a CV or GM that didn't come with one from the factory (a non-HPP car), but it would be pointless to switch out if it already has one...

I didn't think they were the same.

They'll fit earlier cars though

robotek911
02-28-2004, 03:17 AM
I didn't think they were the same.

They'll fit earlier cars though

The stock rear sway bar is a hollow weak piece o' crap. I got one from Dennis Reinhart that is made out of some kind of super strong solid alloy. It replaces to stock one and is easy to install. Definitely noticable around sharp corners as the air bags are a bit slow to respond. Call Dennis Reinhart for more information.

RCSignals
04-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I got one from Dennis Reinhart that is made out of some kind of super strong solid alloy.
If they are made by addco, they are mild steel

purelux
04-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I have a 98 towncar and went from the 17mm rear bar to the 21mm marauder bar with stock bushings a member here sold me. It was a huge difference from my old bar and bushings, much flatter cornering. The bar was noticably thicker and heavier than mine was and my bushings also weren't crushed either. Stock brackets worrked fine. Later I switched to poly/graphite ones from blacknight industries a division of warrior products and had to drill for the 2nd bolt. I drove to rochester the other day and there was a pretty descent wind the whole day and I think in the 250 roughly miles I only had the wind seriously push me at all maybe 4 times total.

RAUDER
04-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, whats the addco part number?

Sam

Big Joe P
04-22-2004, 04:22 PM
ADDCO Item # K1-650-OU was just put on my car today.

Haggis
04-22-2004, 05:43 PM
you could use the sway bar as a curtain rod. :lol:

That exactly what I did. I hung it up in the wash room to hang my wet towels on after I finish washing the car.

..and what's wrong with smilies. Oh yea that's right Mac was around before they invinted the smile. :help: :banned:

:flamer: away Mac.