PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy WTB Marauder California

K9H20
11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi guys,

Been lurking here for some time, but I joined to post this.

I had a baby in March and have settled on a Marauder as my family car to replace my 2 door. My hope is to find something in California, which is a challenge considering it seems that the majority of Marauders wound up in the midwest or east coast.

I am looking for a Red or Silver car. My wife already has a black car, and living on a gravel road I regret it every day. 03 or 04 ok. 80k miles or less preferred (this thing has to last). Stock preferred (but who am I kidding, I'm not gonna kick a supercharger out of bed).

I am not blowing smoke, I am in the market for a car and I hope to get a Marauder before my wife gets tired of waiting for me to find something and pulls the trigger on a CUV. I don't mind a drive to check it out, Bay Area would be no problem. I am a responsible driver and would treat your baby right :)

(For what it's worth my DD is a '88 BMW 325is 5 speed with 96k original miles. Salvage due to someone jimmying the door years back, repaired and good to go. This can be part of the deal if it is of interest. REALLY fun to drive.)

Thanks -Kyle

dohc324ci
11-30-2012, 03:00 PM
What's your price range?

K9H20
11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Under 15k. If I look at cars.com, most vehicles with roughly 50k miles are asking $15k on average (not necessarily selling for that), and I think its fair to expect a better price when dealing directly with an owner. Short answer: depends on the car.

K9H20
11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I'll just throw out that I am a HUGE fan of cars with the Flint interior color, and would go well out of my way to make arrangements to check one out.

MyO4Rawdur
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I'll just throw out that I am a HUGE fan of cars with the Flint interior color, and would go well out of my way to make arrangements to check one out.

good luck finding your car. that light flint interior is harder to find than one might think and i have a friend who lives in san diego who has been looking for a marauder since earlier 2011 and has not found anything worth going to see. hopefully you can find something soon ! good luck.

K9H20
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
I know...I considered buying one from sellers back east and having it shipped. The thought of buying a car sight unseen plus the cost of having it shipped is just too sketchy.

Spectragod
11-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I have an 04' DTR with a few mods, 22k on the clock, I would consider selling, I don't think it will pass emissions in your area though.

nslatin
11-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I've got a 2003 Silver Birch with the light flint interior that I am ready to sell. It does have more miles than you are looking for (161K) but with one owner and mostly highway miles it still rides really well.

Let me know if you have any interest and I can send more info and photos.

Neal

Shaijack
11-30-2012, 10:14 PM
DTR 04, LF interior with 133K miles, new engine and trans. Get it while it's hot or before I change my mind. New tires and AC.

K9H20
11-30-2012, 11:37 PM
spectragod: emissions are strict here, you're probably right.

nslatin: thankyou for the reply, but yeah that's higher milage than I am looking for.

shaijack:you have my attention, what more can you tell me?

macman756
12-28-2012, 01:48 AM
I've got a 2003 Silver Birch with the light flint interior that I am ready to sell. It does have more miles than you are looking for (161K) but with one owner and mostly highway miles it still rides really well.

Let me know if you have any interest and I can send more info and photos.

Neal

How much are you asking?

SC Cheesehead
12-28-2012, 05:12 AM
spectragod: emissions are strict here, you're probably right.

nslatin: thankyou for the reply, but yeah that's higher milage than I am looking for.

shaijack:you have my attention, what more can you tell me?

High mileage on these cars isn't a big deal if they're maintained. We have multiple owners with 200K+ on them and still going strong.

nslatin
12-28-2012, 07:10 AM
How much are you asking?

I've been meaning to post pics and details, but a recent death in the family and the holidays have consumed most of my time.

I'm looking for $7000. i've driven it about 161k smiles. I'll get some pics up tonight. Let me know if you are interested.

Neal