PDA

View Full Version : Zanio has met it's match!!!

schuvwj
02-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Have any of you had the opportunity to try the new wax from Meguiars? At least I think its new, I've never seen it before.

Its called "Meguiars nxt generation tech wax". Yes the proper spelling is "nxt" not "next". It is a synthetic polymer formula. I bought an 18 oz. bottle for under $20.00 last night. They also have a detailer spray that is designed for use with this wax.

I tried it on my MM were have some clear coat scratches under my gas door from my fuel cap when getting gas. Man this stuff is amazing! Wipe it on, wait 15 minutes, wipe off, no dust, and WOW its gone! This stuff does a really great job removing scratches and shines like nothing I've ever seen.

I know we have some members with $100.00 plus Zaino in their veins but for under $20.00 you got to try this stuff.

The next test will be how long it lasts.

Enjoy!

jgc61sr2002
02-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Bill - Sounds good. Meguiars products have always been good. I'll have to get some " nxt generation " after I use up the Zaino.

Bigdogjim
02-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Alway good to hear opinions on differant waxes!

That's what keeps this place rocking!

Silver_04
02-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm planning on giving the new Meguiars a run after the Zaino runs out. If the stuff lasts as long as the Zaino, allows the car to still look waxed after many washes and allows me to just hose dust off the car like Zaino does, then I see no reason to use anything other than Meguiars. What color is your car?

BTW, you've hit on a good point. We've got to figure out a way to keep that gas cap from hitting the quarter panel. I saw the cap retention strap is held on with a screw. Wonder if we could come up with something so the cap/strap can just be unscrewed and the cap can be hung on the inside of the fuel door for fueling like so many other cars allow.

My 200th post. I'd like to thank my parents and hairdresser for getting me here. You people all know who you are. Tear.

Glenn
02-29-2004, 06:22 PM
The solution to the problem has been around a long time. A MM gas cap bib. I bought one 6 months ago from the store and it works great.

Glenn

Silver_04
02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
The solution to the problem has been around a long time. A MM gas cap bib. I bought one 6 months ago from the store and it works great.

Glenn

I've been aware of the bib and i's not a solution for me because I don't want anything touching my paint at all and I don't want my cap hanging down.

Forgot to mention my dad has used the new Meguiars on a Torch Red Mach 1 and it looks fantastic. He used Zaino before.

MarauderMark
02-29-2004, 06:51 PM
my sons bought me turtle wax for xmas.my wife just bought me zaino complete care cause she heard me talkin about it and now i have to go buy meguiar's .i'll so much waxing products to last the life time of my car ..any other kinds to buy??lol

Cobra25
02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
I've been useing Meguires Products on my car for some time now. I use Meg.Hi-Tech Yellow Wax # 26. ,Easy on ,easy off ,and car looks great. $12 a bottle. I take it Nxt Generation Tech Wax is a new one that just came out?

Marauderman
02-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Have any of you had the opportunity to try the new wax from Meguiars? At least I think its new, I've never seen it before.

Its called "Meguiars nxt generation tech wax". Yes the proper spelling is "nxt" not "next". It is a synthetic polymer formula. I bought an 18 oz. bottle for under $20.00 last night. They also have a detailer spray that is designed for use with this wax.

I tried it on my MM were have some clear coat scratches under my gas door from my fuel cap when getting gas. Man this stuff is amazing! Wipe it on, wait 15 minutes, wipe off, no dust, and WOW its gone! This stuff does a really great job removing scratches and shines like nothing I've ever seen.

I know we have some members with $100.00 plus Zaino in their veins but for under $20.00 you got to try this stuff.

The next test will be how long it lasts.

Enjoy!

Great--I'm finishing a bottle of Meguiars "Gold" now--( See My MM in my Gallery Post ) and you can see why I love it too--It is much easier and less costly..the reference pic is after a 600 mile trip from Fla. without washing ....So....Yes..I am anxious to try another "new item" from them for sure--thanks for the heads up....... :rock:

schuvwj
02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm planning on giving the new Meguiars a run after the Zaino runs out. If the stuff lasts as long as the Zaino, allows the car to still look waxed after many washes and allows me to just hose dust off the car like Zaino does, then I see no reason to use anything other than Meguiars. What color is your car?

BTW, you've hit on a good point. We've got to figure out a way to keep that gas cap from hitting the quarter panel. I saw the cap retention strap is held on with a screw. Wonder if we could come up with something so the cap/strap can just be unscrewed and the cap can be hung on the inside of the fuel door for fueling like so many other cars allow.

My 200th post. I'd like to thank my parents and hairdresser for getting me here. You people all know who you are. Tear.

Silver_04 my MM is black.
I finally got tired of my gas cap scratching my paint so I took the retention strap off. Took my wire cutters and snipped it off.

It seems to make much more sense to remember my gas cap than scratch my paint.

Thanks!

hrtn_monky
02-29-2004, 07:44 PM
the teather is removable, unscrew it from the care and slide it off the cap....
first " mod " I did to mine....
then you can put it back at a later date

Marauderman
02-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Silver_04 my MM is black.
I finally got tired of my gas cap scratching my paint so I took the retention strap off. Took my wire cutters and snipped it off.

It seems to make much more sense to remember my gas cap than scratch my paint.

Thanks!
I don't see where you all are having this problem--on mine --I just unscrew and twist it up over the opening and forward and it rest to the left of the opening..all inside the open gas door..with no droping out onto the paint ......so what gives guys.... :confused: .

A3GR
03-01-2004, 06:00 AM
I have cut a piece of 3M paint protection material and placed it under the gas door. It eliminates scratches but does have visable lines around it. I can put up with lines the scratches I can't.

Long Live #3
03-01-2004, 07:01 AM
I've used Zaino on my cars all the time. I did some researching of my own. I did one 1/2 of my hood with Zaino, and the other with Mequiars. It's true that the "nxt tech wax" has a better shine than Zaino, but I'd rather spend $100.00 than $20.

GarageMahal
03-01-2004, 09:05 AM
I don't see where you all are having this problem--on mine --I just unscrew and twist it up over the opening and forward and it rest to the left of the opening..all inside the open gas door..with no droping out onto the paint ......so what gives guys.... :confused: .
Exactly. The cap fits nicely to the left and above the filler hole.

I also use the bib to catch any backwash. It is rigid enough so that it is not touching the car outside of the fuel door compartment. No scratches, no drips.

jta

67435animal
03-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Bill, where did you find it? I see in on the Meguiar's site and I checked at my local Auto Body supplies store. They have it ordered but it is not in yet. I'd like to try it this weekend.

Bob

rookie1
03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
It's true that the "nxt tech wax" has a better shine than Zaino, but I'd rather spend $100.00 than $20.
.......huh?

Petrograde
03-01-2004, 04:19 PM
It's true that the "nxt tech wax" has a better shine than Zaino, but I'd rather spend $100.00 than $20.

You're weird Joe :banana:

I'll give it a try,... I'm almost out of Z-2 anyway.

Tom

Dr Caleb
03-01-2004, 04:31 PM

Ok. Spend $20 on Maguires and send me $80. Small, non consecutive bills . . .
:lol:

Black 04
03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I'll give it a try...where can I purchase it...I tried Pep Boys but I did not see it.

Cobra25
03-01-2004, 05:57 PM
I'll give it a try...where can I purchase it...I tried Pep Boys but I did not see it. Just a little help for you guys. Call Meguiar's at 1-800-545-3321 they are running a special NXT Gen. Teck Wax $14.99, if you buy the NXT Gen care wash for $6.00 , the shipping is (free). Also ask for a (free) Meguiar's book listing all their product's. You can also ask them for a (free) Personized Car care Prescription.

kurly
03-01-2004, 08:08 PM
ZAINO !!! :banana2: :bounce: :banana:

schuvwj
03-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Bill, where did you find it? I see in on the Meguiar's site and I checked at my local Auto Body supplies store. They have it ordered but it is not in yet. I'd like to try it this weekend.

Bob

Bob I bought it at a WalMart Super Center in East Peoria, IL. While my wife was buying milk, bread, etc. I went to spec out the car department for new products. Found it just below Meguiar's Detailer.

jfclancy
03-02-2004, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=schuvwj]Have any of you had the opportunity to try the new wax from Meguiars? At least I think its new, I've never seen it before.

I tried it on my MM were have some clear coat scratches under my gas door from my fuel cap when getting gas.

Great tip
Now that you have that area waxed get a "BIB" to prevent the scratches coming back. There is a clever well made cheap one available from Logan's
on-line Store.

Joe Clancy

MM03MOK
03-02-2004, 06:54 AM
There is a clever well made cheap one available from Logan's
on-line Store.Bibs are long gone from the Store.

Black 04
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I picked a bottle of Meguiars NXT Gen wax today and put a layer on my MM... all I can say is WOW...this stuff is great...the shine is awsome, and it also took out some light scrathches that I had on the hood.:up:

CRUZTAKER
03-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I am very impressed with the NXT product. :up:

Bigdogjim
03-23-2004, 09:29 PM
If some one would like to wax my Marauder as a test I would be gald to let you:):):)

MainEngDwarf
03-24-2004, 05:46 AM
I like bigdogs idea if anyone needs a sample car to try the wax on I volunteer mine too. Of course I'm still waiting for the temp to get above 40 degrees here.

TripleTransAm
03-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Anyone with prior Zaino experience had a chance to try the NXT and evaluate the difference?

schuvwj
03-24-2004, 07:17 AM
I finally got a chance to wax my whole MM with the new Meguiars Nxt Generation wax. Man this stuff is awesome! I’ve never seen a shine like this in 32 years! I am going to use the Meguiars Detail Spray between waxes.

duhtroll
03-24-2004, 07:19 AM
The nxt gen wax is awfully good for the $14 price. I did two coats, still have most of the bottle, and the shine is so clear it has an almost bluish tint to it in the direct sunlight.

The test for me is to see how long it lasts. Great shine is one thing, but having to rewax every week is gonna get old.

The Armor All wax with teflon I used "a couple waxes ago" lasted up to 6 months with regular washes. So far nothing has lasted anywhere close to that - not sure if it's the wax or the Mr. Clean system stripping the wax off. Of course, the shine wasn't as good, either.

Time will tell.

Thanks,
-A

SergntMac
03-24-2004, 08:23 AM
ZAINO !!! :banana2: :bounce: :banana:
Hey hey hey...None of that here, pal. You wanna start trouble, take it outside.

LincMercLover
03-24-2004, 08:43 AM
'bout damn time Meguires came out with something new! Their Gold Class is great, but doesn't last for beans! :down:

Fin Harder 92
03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I just went over to their website and ordered some of the product. I have been a Zaino fan for years. I am receptive to new products and will judge it with an open mind.

On a separate note. I have tried the Mr. Clean spot free wash and I do believe it takes off the polish. I have witnessed the spot free drying but I don't think it's worth loosing your polish lock. Maybe if I actually had a nice paint job it wouldn't be so noticeable...

Take Care