PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #8 Runs 12.687 @ 110.18

JET
02-29-2004, 06:55 PM
I went to Atco raceway today. The track was absolutely jammed packed. I got there around 10:45am and I had my 1st run shortly after I arrived. I could not hook up off the line and had to lay off the throttle wound up with a 13.408 @ 109.84. I was bummed about the run but I totally destroyed a 300ZX.

I had to wait forever for my 2nd run. I hooked up a little better but still had a ton of spin off the line. I did a 12.709 @ 109.8 the car next to me was a Trans Am with Noz he beat me by a full second.

Once I was back in the staging lanes I dozed off in the car. I woke about an hour late to the sound of a rotary engine next to me. It was defining. Still dazed I started her up put my helmet on and was 3rd in line to race. I was glad that I didn’t have go against that Mazda. The sound was unbearable. A few seconds later I was in the left lane doing a burnout. I have the Nittos on but I don’t think getting them warmed up enough to grip right. The car next to me was an older mustang with a cowl hood. We staged the tree lights went down but still foggy from my nap I was slow to react plus I really wanted to raise my RPM before I left the line. My R/T time an abysmal .972 giving the Stang next to me, who red lighted a full second head start. I ended up chasing him down. Wound up with a 12.687 @ 110.18 however I still had to much tire spin off the line and it was a struggle to keep the car straight for the first 60 feet. My 60’ foot time was 1.970 I know in time I’m going to do a sub 1.8 but I not there yet. I can’t wait till I hit the track on slow day so I can figure out how to get these Nittos to hook. Don’t misunderstand this car is way better with the Nittos than the stock tires but I’m still not glued to the track. I don’t feel like I’m getting a smoky enough burnout. I only had marbles on the right side. Am I to assume then that the left side tire is not warming up?.

All in all for as crowed as the track was it was a good day and didn’t even mention all the respect this car is now getting. People were blown away by how clean the setup looks and a couple of people mentioned that Lidio had a similar car when I told he did the install the were even more impressed.

Bigdogjim
02-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Sorry I missed it:mad:

Lidio
02-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Nice 1/4 mile #'s JET...

12.60s is great for your set up!!

I was taught a long time ago that the heavier a car is, the harder it is to hook up. I know that goes against what some might think but it’s very true. Yes you want all your avaible weight as far back on the car as you can or just over the rear tires, but ultimately you want the over all weight as low as possible for maximum traction. Plus torque converter cars as opposed to sticks can be even harder to hook because of extreme torque multiplication at launch. And of course that stump pulling Trilogy set-up :up:

I can’t wait to start drag racing my MM in FL in two weeks for the NMRA race at Bradenton. I'm hoping for mid 12's in the heat at that time and a little shot of NOS to get it into the very low 12's or hopefully high 11's.

Nice going once again!!!

JET
02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks Lidio

So what's the next mod you got for me?

Zack
02-29-2004, 08:20 PM
JET-
Drop your tire pressure to 20psi and try that.
I had to run 18psi in my BFG drag radials to hook.
Keep experimenting, but if you had 32-35psi in those tires, youll never hook up.

JET
02-29-2004, 08:51 PM
JET-
Drop your tire pressure to 20psi and try that.
I had to run 18psi in my BFG drag radials to hook.
Keep experimenting, but if you had 32-35psi in those tires, youll never hook up.

Thanks Zack but I think it is more a matter of my driving. I had the tire pressure at 22lbs for first run then 17lbs for last 2. The fronts were around 47lbs. The fact is I probably just need more track experience. If I can get a day or night that is slow enough for me to do loops then I'm sure I'll figure it out. Waiting 2 to 3 hours between runs is just to long for practice.

stumpy
02-29-2004, 09:11 PM
I bet I could get a 1.8 short time in it. I did it a few weeks back with street tires on. You gotta be real disciplined and walk it out about 10' and then nail it. Of course you need a clean dry launch. Ducking in behind someone with slicks rather than a ricer with street tires helps!

Just keep trying, it seems like it takes a lot of luck or just the right conditions to get a good launch with all these street cars chewing up the track.

BillyGman
03-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey, until you get more practice at it, then a 12.6 ET w/a 4,200 LB car(not including driver) is still very impressive! Congratulations........

Lidio
03-04-2004, 05:31 AM
Thanks Lidio

So what's the next mod you got for me?

More Boost!!!! :banana: