PDA

View Full Version : Site Maintenance

Logan
12-12-2002, 03:56 PM
All,

We are transitioning the site to a new, dedicated server with more resources (Memory, processing power, drive space) and as a result, there will be a short time over the next couple days where the site may be unavailable for a few hours.

Have no fear, all is well, just having to upgrade because of the site's popularity...

Logan
12-13-2002, 07:26 AM
The site is now on it's new dedicated server and the transition went well. Anyone who was using a mercurymarauder.net email address needs to go HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/neowebcreate.php) to re-create account.

Though I could move them over, alot of them were being unused, so it made more sense to ask y'all to take a couple seconds to re-create them if you're using them.

LincMercLover
12-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Wow, that was quick and painless! At least over here... :D

gja
12-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Logan,
Once again many thanks for the site. It is now loading as fast as can be.

Logan
12-13-2002, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty impressed with the speed. I have 4 sites running on the system instead of over 400 different sites... :)

Murader03
12-14-2002, 05:35 AM
Logan,

Somehow my post to this got lost. My jest was, that if I had known your were going to remove all the mail boxes and have us create a new one, I would have moved all my stuff I had stored in my folders. Lost several posts from Torrie over at FPN about parts ordered and other items. All in all, the transition was great and I appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for keeping the cite in such great shape!

smordue
12-29-2002, 12:03 PM
I have posted a couple of pics and they show up HUGE, what is the best size, resolution, format etc for posting pics?

Logan
12-29-2002, 12:37 PM
640x480, in jpg format is best. If you upload them to the Photo Gallery, they'll automagically be resized.