PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Springs

Marauder
03-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Eibach Part # 3596.120

Where's the best place to order them online? I saw them on ebay but forgot to bid on them.

Martyo told me a great place near work to get them installed and car aligned.

Thanks...
Danny

Fourth Horseman
03-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Not trying to dissuade you from the springs, or anything, but have you seen this (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8330) thread?

TAF
03-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Eibach Part # 3596.120

Where's the best place to order them online? I saw them on ebay but forgot to bid on them.

Martyo told me a great place near work to get them installed and car aligned.

Thanks...
Danny
Best place to get them is www.wholesalehyperformance.com (http://www.wholesalehyperformance.com )

Not trying to dissuade you from the springs, or anything, but have you seen this (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8330) thread?
I saw it...so did the folks at Eibach. They have a lot to say about it and will be posting a response.

Fourth Horseman
03-02-2004, 10:53 AM
I saw it...so did the folks at Eibach. They have a lot to say about it and will be posting a response.

Excellent news. I was considering this upgrade, so I definitely look forward to hearing what they have to say.

MarauderMark
03-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I (http://www.I) saw it...so did the folks at Eibach. They have a lot to say about it and will be posting a response.[/QUOTE]
I also thought about them as well .until i read the thread and will wait to hear what they say about what was said...

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I have Eibachs as well, including Dennis' suspension upgrades. I was concerned. Now I shall sit back and read....

WholesaleHighPerformance is the place to call. Ask for Norman. Great guy.

I won't beat around the bush(ing), the lowered stance has made the ride much stiffer. Potholes and speedbumps are unforgiving. I drove cars with performance suspensions for years, so this is not new to me.
The ability to corner at high speeds like never before out weighs the rough ride. I'll get used to it.

This is not the mod for those who think the marauder already rides rough, or or is prone to a weak bladder!

TripleTransAm
03-02-2004, 03:18 PM
This is not the mod for those who think the marauder already rides rough, or or is prone to a weak bladder!

I guess those with heated seats have something extra to worry about...

woaface
03-03-2004, 12:14 PM
So, anything from the Eibach people yet?:)

Marauder
03-03-2004, 12:19 PM
So, anything from the Eibach people yet?:)After reading that other Eibach post, I'm rethinking them...plus I may get my hands on a set of stock MM springs that I can trim a bit.

woaface
03-03-2004, 12:31 PM
not a shabby idea...if you find a wrecked one where the dials are going too...lemme know:up:

Marauder
03-04-2004, 07:39 AM
not a shabby idea...if you find a wrecked one where the dials are going too...lemme know:up:
Dials??????

CRUZTAKER
03-04-2004, 07:42 AM
I think Woe wants the guages or instrument cluster.

woaface
03-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes, but just the white dials there...I don't like my grey ones. Then I'd have to get "Marauder" at the bottom done away with...

Marauder
03-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, but just the white dials there...I don't like my grey ones. Then I'd have to get "Marauder" at the bottom done away with...
If you're speaking of the dash instrument cluster, I won't fit. Physically it will fit but its wired much differently. 2 of the gauges are on the console and it has a tach...might take quite a bit of figuring out to get it to work...

woaface
03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
I'll probably find the piece and get someone else to install it...I know it's different, but I can't stand mine. Grey, and everything else is dark blue? ACK! I'd have it a while till I'd find someone to install it right...

studio460
05-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Todd:

Was there ever a posted Eibach response (PM me, please if it was a non-postable e-mail)? I planning on throwing on the Eibachs, Z&M control arms, and new Nitto NT-555 245/40 ZR18; 255/45 ZR18 tires this weekend! Thanks, Todd!

Donny Carlson
05-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Todd:

Was there ever a posted Eibach response (PM me, please if it was a non-postable e-mail)? I planning on throwing on the Eibachs, Z&M control arms, and new Nitto NT-555 245/40 ZR18; 255/45 ZR18 tires this weekend! Thanks, Todd!I do not know of a posted response from Eibach. But, I, too, am having Eibachs installed on my car this weekend.

I've read all the negative posts about these springs, and still am putting them on. Why? Because I've driven Todd's car with these springs, and I was impressed with the feel, and even more impressed with the look.

I'm keeping my OEMS, but not to cut. If, for some reason, something goes wrong with the Eibachs, I will expect them to stand behind their springs and replace them, or refund my money. My OEMS will be insurance just in case.

Just my opinion.

Edit:

I just spoke with Blaine at Eibach. I HIGHLY recommend you call and talk to him as well --

Blaine
Tech Support
Eibach Springs, Inc.
909.256.8300 X-114

CRUZTAKER
05-04-2004, 03:21 PM
I still like mine...out ran a hopped up Celica GTS on some serious twist turnies last weekend....couldn't have done it without the suspension mods which also include an Addco swaybar and Z&M control arms.:cool:

TAF
05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Todd:

Was there ever a posted Eibach response (PM me, please if it was a non-postable e-mail)? I planning on throwing on the Eibachs, Z&M control arms, and new Nitto NT-555 245/40 ZR18; 255/45 ZR18 tires this weekend! Thanks, Todd!
Sorry Shooter...I just came across this. I've been busy, away, whatever.

Yes, there was a response from Eibach. Unfortunately...I had to transfer it from my email response I received, due to Eibach's policy of not participating directly in car forums. The response was:

Email from Eibach:

Todd,

I have been informed that company policy prohibits us from responding to Forums/Internet message boards. I can however answer any and all questions (via email or phone call)regarding Eibach's products for the Marauder. Please feel free to contact me or post my name, phone # and email address on the Forum and I will do my best to answer any concerns the members may have. Our products carry a 10 year warranty against factory defects in material and workmanship. Thank you for the information and your concern regarding our reputation on the forum.

For what its worth we are willing to work with Marauder owners if enough interest is shown regarding the development of a front strut upgrade. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.

Regards,

Blaine
Tech Support
Eibach Springs, Inc.
909.256.8300 X-114

<O:P></O:P><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><o:p></o:p>

techsupport@Eibach.com

______________________________ ______________________________ _

I would encourage you to give Blaine a call. He is a Certified Suspension Expert, and he actually developed the springs for the Marauder. He can answer any question you have about the springs or any other suspension issues that you may find around here. He can also "debunk" some of the things that have become accepted around here as "suspension upgrades" which go far beyond just the "cutting springs" talk.

I learned a lot from him, and other experts and I am continuing on a path which will yield a far superior handling Marauder compared to any on the road.

Good luck. :up: