PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Dyno Tune Apr. 2004

MMM2003
03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey,

I know this was posted here before, but I can't find the post. So here we go again since dates and times are scheduled firm for the first weekend in April 2004.

These are the same guys who used to be Fordchip and now work with Superchips. For more info and how to sign up, check here (http://www.midwestfords.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=9533)

I will be there to catch up to all you Windy City guys, since I missed it last year. Even if you don't want to Dyno-tune your MM, I'd like to take the opportunity and meet some of the Windy City 'Rauders.

Zack
03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I dont know what you are talking about???
I tried to set up a date last October but had lack of interest and mentioned Id try it again in April, but no event is in the making yet.
Jerry will be at Dyno Pro in Wauconda, Il in mid April but that event was set up by midwestfords.org.
I will be at that event.

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
We are speaking of the tune in Wauconda, Il....correct?

bugsys03
03-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Wauconda,IL April 2,3,4 I heard. Im not authorized to view dynopro's page. Must be top secret

Zack
03-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Ok I did the research and already signed up on SCT's website. A 100 dollar deposit is required by SCT and a 50 dollar deposit is required by Dyno Pro.
Call CJ at 847-208-6801
I reserved Saturday at 11am
See you all there, and by the way, Ill be shooting for about 465-475 at the tires. Ill be busy the next month!!

MMM2003
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Ok I did the research and already signed up on SCT's website. A 100 dollar deposit is required by SCT and a 50 dollar deposit is required by Dyno Pro.
Call CJ at 847-208-6801
I reserved Saturday at 11am
See you all there, and by the way, Ill be shooting for about 465-475 at the tires. Ill be busy the next month!!

Zack,

sorry about the confusion. I should have mentioned, that this is the event setup by midwestford. That's the link I had in my first post. (Someone had posted info about this event here before, that's what I was referring too)

I signed up for April 3 as well. CJ said, he'll try to have our dyno tunes done back to back. He will call back one week before the event to schedule confirm times.

C'mon you Windy City Marauders. Wouldn't this be a nice opportunity to meet and greet your Northern neighbor(s)?

See you there !

CRUZTAKER
03-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm set up for Saturday the 3rd in the afternoon as well. Can't wait to see you all.:up:

Zack
03-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Barry, will you be driving in on Saturday or Friday?
You should make it a point to stop by my house that day, i should have a DTR MM apart, getting the works by then.

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Barry, will you be driving in on Saturday or Friday?
You should make it a point to stop by my house that day, i should have a DTR MM apart, getting the works by then.
Tentatively I'm pulling out Saturday morning around 6 a.m. or so, and likely camping out somewhere in the area saturday night.

duhtroll
03-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Dangit, I would love to come to this but I am booked that weekend. Also not sure if I'll have my shiny wheels back on by then yet. Any chance of doing one in May or in the summer?

Thanks,
-A

MMM2003
03-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Tentatively I'm pulling out Saturday morning around 6 a.m. or so, and likely camping out somewhere in the area saturday night.

Hey Zack/Barry,

have you guys got a confirmation on your scheduled time for the dynotune yet? I spoke with CJ at Dynopro and he said we should hear from him Wed/Thu.
I got my Denso and 180T-Stat installed and will mount my 235/50/18 tires on all four corners Friday.
I'm planning on driving up with NOMARQUIS (Eric) Sat. morning. Maybe we will see a few more Windy City MM's there?!?!

Later,

Peter aka MMM2003

CRUZTAKER
03-31-2004, 06:19 PM
It is my understanding that we (zack, mac, and I), are scheduled for somewhere around 2pm.

stevengerard
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
It is my understanding that we (zack, mac, and I), are scheduled for somewhere around 2pm.
besides just showing up for the privilege of hanging out with you all, does it make sense for me to dynotune a non modified MM with 100 miles on the engine - I'm guessing a big NO.

MMM2003
04-01-2004, 12:23 PM
besides just showing up for the privilege of hanging out with you all, does it make sense for me to dynotune a non modified MM with 100 miles on the engine - I'm guessing a big NO.

Your engine isn't even broken in. Not sure if you would want to stress her like that right away.

Just got a call from CJ. He scheduled me (tentatively) for 10:30am on Saturday. I'll stick around to hopefully see some of the Windy City gang !

For the most part they will do a first come first serve and only a few timeslots reserved.

MMM2003
04-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Barry, Sarge, Zack:

Did you see this schedule?

http://www.midwestfords.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=9533&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

See you all there on Saturday.

NOMARQUIS is going to follow me down to hangout.
Any other WI MM's interested to tag along?
Email me peter@dettmer.net

CRUZTAKER
04-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Yeah...that's right 11:30 and 12:00....:o

Sorry, couldn't remember, and then changed it at the last minute.

I am leaving in an hour or so, it's raining here in Cleveland, and snowed like mad last night. It'll be nice to drive away from this crap for a couple days.

Unfortunately, I must be back by Sunday, and we're expecting more snow. That'll be and interesting ride on stock wheels...:shake:

I hope for the best, see-ya!

NOMARQUIS
04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey Fellaz,

Any of you guys dynoing a stock MM? I was too cheap to dyno mine (which is all stock.) Stock or not, I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Eric

CRUZTAKER
04-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Zack and I should be there around 9:30 a.m. or so....gotta get a good breakfast first.:up:

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks I only know as a screen name.

MMM2003
04-03-2004, 03:22 PM
What a nice day we had !

Thanks to everyone involved. I got to drive over there with NOMARQUIS and than meet Mad Man, Sarge, CRUZTAKER and Zack.

We saw some very impressive cars and numbers. Zack and Mac are up to something new again and I'm sure will report on this later.
I saw Zack's first Dyno run and he got some really impressive numbers, but I'll let him share this himself. He's got reasons to be proud !! :up:

Here are my numbers from the day. All stock except 180 T-Stat and Denso IT-20:

HP/ft-lbs before:
237.1/257.1

HP/ft-lbs after:
260.7/285.5

That's a 23hp and 28ft-lbs gain just by getting the car tuned properly.

I sure had a big grin on my face, after I took her for the first ride after the tune. The shifting is probably the most noticeable change. I really like it now and the power is there when I want and need it !

Glenn
04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
+23 HP with dyno tune flash by Jerry the "mystery man". I rest my case on dyno tune flash versus chip or tuner. Does anyone have a chip that gained over 23 HP. I do not recall any.

Glenn

NOMARQUIS
04-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Wow!

That was awesome fellas! MMM2003's face was lit up like a x-mas tree after driving is freshly "tuned" MM. I about shat myself while riding in Sargent Mac's Kenny Brown MM. HOLY CRAP do I ever want KBize my MM! Zack's MM was tearing up the dyno, as was CRUZTAKER's. Mad Man's new silver 04 looked awesome and reminded me how nice a lighter colored car would be come wash time. All in all, what a fun day! I can't wait to "tune" my MM next time Jerry comes to town.

Eric

mad man
04-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Wow!

That was awesome fellas! MMM2003's face was lit up like a x-mas tree after driving is freshly "tuned" MM. I about shat myself while riding in Sargent Mac's Kenny Brown MM. HOLY CRAP do I ever want KBize my MM! Zack's MM was tearing up the dyno, as was CRUZTAKER's. Mad Man's new silver 04 looked awesome and reminded me how nice a lighter colored car would be come wash time. All in all, what a fun day! I can't wait to "tune" my MM next time Jerry comes to town.

EricReally nice meeting some more of the people on this site .Hope to see you guys in indy . :up: Soon Zack is going to need a trailer :coolman:

CRUZTAKER
04-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Very nice meeting you all...hopefully by Indy I will put names to faces!

What a great time. So sorry I had to leave abruptly...I so wanted to video Zack and Macs run. Their numbers are impressive, and I'll let them post.

Me? An n/a marauder...not too shabby. Tod, Marty, and Billy might not think so. :P

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=120123#post12 0123

Madman needs to post some pics of that silver....nice. And the trim? Do the calipers the same. I won't say, but it is a great trim color. :up:

Topher
04-03-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm glad our paths crossed on the way to the dynotune. It was nice meeting you, Zack, Barry, & Mac, even if it was just for a few minutes. Hopefully I'll be able to make some of the summertime Chicago events. My wife is expecting & due anyday now, so lately I haven't had much time to devote to MM stuff.

It was great to see those MM's in my neck of the woods!

Chris