PDA

View Full Version : New member needs advice

1Marauder
12-29-2012, 12:09 PM
:mad2:Need club advice from all.

I WANT TO RUSH IN AND BUY!:beer:

Found low miliage car (under 30,000) from older gent second owner
SB. No option car (I really wanted Sunroof--live in CA). Super nice, clean, like new.

Gents wants $17,000. :eek:

Car only driven 500 miles per year for last 5 years.

Is this fair price? :bows: :bows:

Also, what should I look out for on car (I am a car guy--I am asking for Marauder specific things to check - MADE UP EXAMPLE: Bounce the back end hard 8 times to check air suspension...). I need Marauder specific things to look for.

NEED ALL ADVICE--NEW MEMBER NEEDS GROUP

RacerX
12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Seems a bit steep, but, 30k in CA weather...
As far as what to look for: See if he has all keys and door code, check all window switches for all functions, keep the radio on to see if it cuts out at all, keep the headlights on to see if they cut out at all, check AC and heater work - all panel funtions, check pedal movement, check to see if there are any rear bearing leaks. I'm sure someone will remeber other things. Good luck! :beer:

Mr. Man
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
17K is the starting price and is not bad considering the miles.

Check and make sure all the lites work. Check the climate control and make sure air blows out where it's supposed to. Easy fixes usually if either is not working properly but you can negotiate.

Listen for unusual noises. Look for rust under the inside door area but if a Ca car probably not an issue.

Get a car fax if you can to see history.

Make sure all the other electronics work, seats, etc.

Take it for a long test ride and keep radio off.

Good luck :)

1Marauder
12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks all.

Any ideas how to test the rear air suspension?

I hear it is a $1700 fix.