PDA

View Full Version : Bradenton Motorsports Park - "Test and Tune"

Firedab
03-04-2004, 12:39 PM
I was given this information from one of our members, and feel this is a good opportunity for any of us to really find out what our baby can do! I have been there personally and its a great strip and a fun time. Here is what I know...
"a few of us are going to Bradenton Motorsports Park on April 3 for a "test and tune".
This falls on a saturday, but I am not sure of the times. If anyone has or can get more info, please post here for those who may be able to make it.
Have fun!

01True BlueGT
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
I was given this information from one of our members, and feel this is a good opportunity for any of us to really find out what our baby can do! I have been there personally and its a great strip and a fun time. Here is what I know...
"a few of us are going to Bradenton Motorsports Park on April 3 for a "test and tune".
This falls on a saturday, but I am not sure of the times. If anyone has or can get more info, please post here for those who may be able to make it.
Have fun!

The test tune is Sat April 3rd form 10a-3p with brackets to follow at 4p. I think Modern Mustangs is planning on being there that day also.

Smokie
03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I will be there, more info below.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7996&highlight=Bradenton

We had a great time there last November.:up:

Cobra25
03-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Have fun! Where is this place and how long of a drive is it from Ft. Lauderdale ? Any idea of who is going so far?

Bootlegger
03-04-2004, 06:47 PM
I'll be there for sure...The track is located a couple miles east of I-75, from exit #220...I believe its about $15.00 for the day.. :up: :up:

Smokie
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I'll be there for sure...The track is located a couple miles east of I-75, from exit #220...I believe its about $15.00 for the day.. :up: :up:
Mel, I think this time around I will be slowpoke....watch out for that wall.:lol:

Bootlegger
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Your going to have to watch Carfixer this time too....The wall is all yours..

01True BlueGT
03-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Where is this place and how long of a drive is it from Ft. Lauderdale ? Any idea of who is going so far?

For you, the opposite coast. Well worth the drive, though.

carfixer
03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I will certainly be there. We had a great time there last time. Here (http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/) is a link to their website.

Mattsmerc
03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Track Info
Track Name: Bradenton Motorsports Park
City: Bradenton, Florida
Track Phone: (941) 748-1320
Fax: (941) 741-8534
Track Address: 21000 State Road 64, Bradenton, FL 34202

Directions:
From I-75 in either direction, take exit 42, then go 9 miles east on State Road 64. The track is on the right.

For more information, visit:
Web Site: www.bradentonmotorsports.com

Amsoil_Dealer
03-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Where is this place and how long of a drive is it from Ft. Lauderdale ? Any idea of who is going so far?

Cobra,

It is 9 miles west of I-75 on SR 64 near Bradenton. It is a solid 3 hr drive from Ft. Lauderdale Airport area. It is obviously +/- an hour depending upon where you live relative to the airport and traffic. The best route from south Fl is across alligator alley and up 75. If you are up around Boca and north of there it is quicker to go 710/98/66/64.

Relative to the track, it is a good 1/4 mile strip that is a popular test track with the pros. Even the top fuelers. I just went to a Thursday night test and tune a week ago and it was $10 to get in the gate and $5, for all the runs you care to make. That's right $5. Plus, they did not even require a helmet...I would imagine the Saturday event would be a few more bucks but it will still be very cheap track time.

Don

Cobra25
03-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Thank you for all the info.-I'll have to see if I can go or not. I'd like to see what my car will do in the 1/4 mile. I have a idea from other postings, but no car is ever the same.