PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Members in the Northern Virginia Area

Bluerauder
03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
NEMO Members (unofficial but leading in the survey),

Are there any Northern Virginia owners out there that are aware of MM member activities in the NoVA, DC, Maryland burbs?

MAD-3R
03-04-2004, 02:18 PM
NEMO Members (unofficial but leading in the survey),

Are there any Northern Virginia owners out there that are aware of MM member activities in the NoVA, DC, Maryland burbs?

Why yes there are. :)

MAD-3R's Wife
03-04-2004, 02:37 PM
He means that we are located in Northern Virginia, as well as Merc and Thomas Potter. Those are the only ones that we know of, but there could be more.

Mad-3R and I meet with the Northern Virginia Mustang Club every other Saturday around 5pm at the Expo Center in Chantilly. The next time they meet is on March 13th.

Bluerauder
03-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks. I saw some of the threads with MAD-3R, MAD-3Rs wife, and Merc. Had not heard of Thomas Potter thus far. Was interested in seeing how many MM's are around the NoVA area. Do you rally at Chantilly as a dual Marauder/Mustang meet?

Ladyhawke
03-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the site, tstrat99!!

Haggis and I have been getting together with members from Maryland,
Delaware and Virginia as the Capital Area Group. Keep watching the
site for upcoming events.

MAD-3R
03-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Thanks. I saw some of the threads with MAD-3R, MAD-3Rs wife, and Merc. Had not heard of Thomas Potter thus far. Was interested in seeing how many MM's are around the NoVA area. Do you rally at Chantilly as a dual Marauder/Mustang meet?

Sence there are so few Marauders in the NoVa area, we started hanging out with the Pony boys. They do organized Drag days, autocrosses with the Corvette Club, and car shows. Come on out on the 13th, and if we can get Merc and Tom to show up, it could be fun.

Bluerauder
03-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Sence there are so few Marauders in the NoVa area, we started hanging out with the Pony boys. They do organized Drag days, autocrosses with the Corvette Club, and car shows. Come on out on the 13th, and if we can get Merc and Tom to show up, it could be fun.
MAD-3R,

When and Where in the Expo Center? Would like to come out on Saturday to see. Will be in St Louis all week .... back late Friday night.

MAD-3R
03-05-2004, 09:06 AM
MAD-3R,

When and Where in the Expo Center? Would like to come out on Saturday to see. Will be in St Louis all week .... back late Friday night.

Here uis a Link (http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com/) to the Norther Virginia Mustang Club site. THe next meeting it 5pm, on Saturday 13th of March, behind the Exxon Station.

Bluerauder
03-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Here uis a Link (http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com/) to the Norther Virginia Mustang Club site. THe next meeting it 5pm, on Saturday 13th of March, behind the Exxon Station.
MAD-3R,

I'll take your word for it .... 5 PM, Exxon Station, Expo Center. However, the link to the site that you gave does not reflect any events scheduled for 13 March. I guess this is not an "event" per se.

MAD-3R
03-05-2004, 02:37 PM
MAD-3R,

I'll take your word for it .... 5 PM, Exxon Station, Expo Center. However, the link to the site that you gave does not reflect any events scheduled for 13 March. I guess this is not an "event" per se.

Check the right-hand sidebar.

NavHeliRescue
03-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Not that I have much if any time to play but the question was asking about owners in NOVA. I just picked up a 2004 MM last week. So far I love it. Have had no time to do anything to it yet other tint out the windows and pull the front and rear emblems off. Not sure I will do much else with it ...Maybe K&N filter and look at chips, but I like it the way it is.

Murader03
03-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Not that I have much if any time to play but the question was asking about owners in NOVA. I just picked up a 2004 MM last week. So far I love it. Have had no time to do anything to it yet other tint out the windows and pull the front and rear emblems off. Not sure I will do much else with it ...Maybe K&N filter and look at chips, but I like it the way it is.I only have one thing to say about this!

"If you like it the way it is, then "DON'T DRIVE ONE EVEN SLIGHTLY MODIFIED!":D If you do, you're gonna get hooked. It's so much better with a little investment. :beer:

Bluerauder
03-13-2004, 01:58 PM
MAD-3R,

I'll be there !!! 5 PM, Capitol Expo Center. Hope to see you there.

Bluerauder
03-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Not that I have much if any time to play but the question was asking about owners in NOVA. I just picked up a 2004 MM last week. So far I love it. Have had no time to do anything to it yet other tint out the windows and pull the front and rear emblems off. Not sure I will do much else with it ...Maybe K&N filter and look at chips, but I like it the way it is.
NavHeliRescue,

Looks like the meet at the Dulles/Capitol Expo Center is the closest gathering site in Northern Virginia. Hope to see you there ............. 5 PM, 13 March behind the Exxon Station.

:coolman:

Bluerauder
03-13-2004, 06:13 PM
NavHeliRescue,

Looks like the meet at the Dulles/Capitol Expo Center is the closest gathering site in Northern Virginia. Hope to see you there ............. 5 PM, 13 March behind the Exxon Station.

:coolman:
Oops !!! :o For future reference, it's the Mobil Station. Had three Marauders there tonite. Maybe we can increase the attendance at future meetings ................

NavHeliRescue
03-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info...but I didn't get it to today and I'm not around allot. I will from time to time check back here. You never know....I live in Herndon and my girlfriend in Chantilly so I pass the expo center allot....just a matter of finding time...My GF hates the car...but it would be interesting to see what others have done to theirs. I for one am glad there are not many around the NOVA area. Coming from a Mustang, I see them everywhere and its annoying. It was time for it to go...and it went out hard.

Bluerauder
03-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the info...but I didn't get it to today and I'm not around allot. I will from time to time check back here. You never know....I live in Herndon and my girlfriend in Chantilly so I pass the expo center allot....just a matter of finding time...My GF hates the car...but it would be interesting to see what others have done to theirs. I for one am glad there are not many around the NOVA area. Coming from a Mustang, I see them everywhere and its annoying. It was time for it to go...and it went out hard.
Some of the local Marauder owners have tagged onto the Northern Virginia Mustang Club's meetings. They meet every other Saturday behind the "Mobil" station at the Expo Center. Next meeting is scheduled for 5 PM, 27 March. Check earlier posts in this thread for the website to the NVMC. We had three Marauders at the last meet -- maybe we can round up 4 or 5 for the next one. My '03 MM is bone stock except for the SS Inserts (waiting for warmer weather to install). Others have done some serious mods to boost performance --- i.e. chips, 5.0 liter, exhaust, 4.10 gears, etc.

P.S. My wife loves the car and has cut 5 minutes off her trips to Giant Food. :)

Haggis
03-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Hey don't go forgetting us Maryland & Delware Marauders in your little meets here. We are just as interested in getting together with fellow Marauder owners. Just because we are on the other side of the Potomac is no reason to leave us out, ok.

Ladyhawke and I was trying to make it last Saturday evening, but family obligations came up and could not make it. We might be able to make it on the 27th, depends how tired I am from working that day. That is also the day of the race at Mason/Dixon Dragway. Let me know if anyone will be at the Expo center that evening after the races and I will try and make it.

Bluerauder
03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey don't go forgetting us Maryland & Delware Marauders in your little meets here. We are just as interested in getting together with fellow Marauder owners. Just because we are on the other side of the Potomac is no reason to leave us out, ok.

Ladyhawke and I was trying to make it last Saturday evening, but family obligations came up and could not make it. We might be able to make it on the 27th, depends how tired I am from working that day. That is also the day of the race at Mason/Dixon Dragway. Let me know if anyone will be at the Expo center that evening after the races and I will try and make it.
Haggis,

You're right. Drag day at Mason-Dixon is 8AM-Noon, 27 March. I didn't see anything posted on the NVMC site for a meet at the Expo Center that evening at 5 PM. Will have to keep checking on the site at: http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com/ for their next get together.

jgc61sr2002
03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
NaviHeliRescue - Welcome aboard. You definitely came to the right site. Enjoy your new ride. :up: :D

Haggis
03-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Some of the local Marauder owners have tagged onto the Northern Virginia Mustang Club's meetings. They meet every other Saturday behind the "Mobil" station at the Expo Center. Next meeting is scheduled for 5 PM, 27 March. Check earlier posts in this thread for the website to the NVMC. We had three Marauders at the last meet -- maybe we can round up 4 or 5 for the next one. My '03 MM is bone stock except for the SS Inserts (waiting for warmer weather to install). Others have done some serious mods to boost performance --- i.e. chips, 5.0 liter, exhaust, 4.10 gears, etc.

P.S. My wife loves the car and has cut 5 minutes off her trips to Giant Food. :)

You posted here the next meet was on the 27th of March?

Haggis,

You're right. Drag day at Mason-Dixon is 8AM-Noon, 27 March. I didn't see anything posted on the NVMC site for a meet at the Expo Center that evening at 5 PM. Will have to keep checking on the site at: http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com/ for their next get together.

I guess I will just have to check out their site for the next time they meet.

What I was trying to get out earlier. Is do not forget those of us on the other side of the Potomac. We already have a group of Marauders that get together in the greater D.C. area, the Capital Area Marauders and you are more then welcomed, you are required to attend...LOL, our Meets. We should have one coming up in April. Hope to see you there.

Ok, does anyone have ideas where and when to have our next meet? I had an idea for when Marty comes to visit, but to expensive ($50/person) unless Marty is taking care of the bill. LOL.

MAD-3R's Wife
03-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Haggis,

The NVMC has not updated their website as of Thursday morning. I would recommend keep checking and I will also.

Natasha

Stephen Soulsby
03-31-2004, 04:14 PM
I'll poke in and say I'm in the NoVa area (I'm actually in Southern Maryland about 20 minuted from the Wilson bridge, or about 25 minutes from the Harry Nice bridge going into King George county. If anybody is interested in having a meet sometime later this summer at Maryland International Raceway let me know.

Bluerauder
03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
. If anybody is interested in having a meet sometime later this summer at Maryland International Raceway let me know.
I'm game. Maryland International Raceway?? In Bowie, right?

Stephen Soulsby
03-31-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm game. Maryland International Raceway?? In Bowie, right?

It's in Budds Creek, MD. Approxamately 2 miles before the Harry Nice bridge on 301.

Ladyhawke
03-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Haggis and I would be interested in meeting at Budd's Creek. Let us know when you would like to get together.

Stephen Soulsby
04-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Let's go ahead and set a date. May 14th. It's a Friday. It is Midnight Madness. I'll run my bone stock Marauder and my wife may run her LS too.

Are there any objections?