PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth Rod & Custom Show

Redster
03-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Anybody planning to go to this show this weekend? I know Logan's car is going to be at the Dallas show but since I got to see it in action last Sat. I don't need to see it at a car show. Besides I just bought my MM I'm not in the market for another new car.
Anyway, the show is this weekend (Mar. 5-7) and I know a couple of good restaurants in the neighborhood if some folks want to get together. There is the Railhead BBQ and a new place called Rush Street that has genuine Vienna beef hot-dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches. Oh yeah, they have pizza too. You can do the Chicago triathalon. Eat a Vienna beef hot dog, Italian beef sand. and pizza all in one sitting. If you can still walk, you finished the triathalon.

Logan
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually, I ended up pulling a 26hr shift monday and missed the checkin for the auto show, so it ain't there...

Instead, I had the front springs swapped today.... :up:

Redster
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
It was much better with the engine running than at Autorama.

Redster
03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
I went last night. A lot of fine cars including a custom 53 MERC. The owner, Ron Russ, had a pile of Quicksilvers available for free (I hope, I took one). He wasn't there but I figure I'll meet him sometime. Thanks, Ron.
Some pretty interesting pictures and articles including one that the average MM owner is over 45. Oh, well.
It included a pic of the last IMOA meet at Indy and there didn't appear to be that many cars on the track. Maybe, you'll get a chance to go over 50 MPH. Just a guess.