PDA

View Full Version : Taking shape - My '04 and the Trilogy kit

MikesMerc
03-04-2004, 08:44 PM
It looks like Mike Wesley has come through and has delivered the code Lidio needed to take a crack at the '04 computer. I'll be dropping my '04 off at Lidio's this Sat am, and leaving it there for a few days, so that Lidio can do some R&D and get things worked out.

Assuming all goes well, I'll be in for the Trilogy Kit install right after Lid gets back from Florida. I am getting totally stoked about this now :banana:

It looks like I may just be the first '04 to get the full Trilogy treatment and tune. Kinda cool.

It's gonna be a great season!

jgc61sr2002
03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Mike - Sounds great. :up: :rock:

MI2QWK4U
03-04-2004, 09:29 PM
OOOOOHhhhh....the plot thickens.....a little competition i guess!!

bigslim
03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
That's great Mike. It will be nice to see another supercharged car with the group.

Hack Goby
03-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Way to go Mike,Ya better find a good tire dealer `cause the rear ones will be gone in a short time(right Dave?)

merc406
03-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Sounds great Mike...... :up: :banana2: :pimp: More POWER to the People!!! :beer:

MI2QWK4U
03-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Way to go Mike,Ya better find a good tire dealer `cause the rear ones will be gone in a short time(right Dave?)

Sort of Paul! My wife said I can only go thru one set of Nittos a year, something about the buget or some bull***** like that. I don't know if I can make a set last all summer.....

MikesMerc
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Sort of Paul! My wife said I can only go thru one set of Nittos a year, something about the buget or some bull***** like that. I don't know if I can make a set last all summer.....

I don't have the cash for the rim widening yet, but I hope to be able to swing it before the end of the season. I certainly want a bigger footprint and stickier rubber on the pavement. Without it, all the new found torque will be expensive smoke out of the hole.

Then again....I love the smell burning rubber :rock:

BTW, Dave, do I owe you anymore info for the MotorCity group?

MikesMerc
03-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Update:

Success! So far, so good:)

Lidio has the 04 computer figured out, so we experimented on the car a little this morning. We were short on time, so we only had time for a few tweaks like slightly higher idle, firmer shifts, and a delayed lock up until 4th gear at 63mph.

All I have to say is woo-hoo! Even though we didn't have time for power tuning, the few changes we did do made a HUGE driveability enhancement. I love it.

I'm left my MM there for Lidio to continue to work on it some more. I'll pick it up Tuesday before he leaves for FL and run it around for a week or so. I'll report back about the final "04 experience" with Lidio's chip and normally aspirated tune. I'll also be placing my Trilogy order Tuesday too. Should be on before the end of the month. :banana: