PDA

View Full Version : Is there or has there been?

Curless
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Is there or has there ever been a Michigan gathering before??? If so when? And if not is there any interest in doing one???

Bluerauder
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Is there or has there ever been a Michigan gathering before??? If so when? And if not is there any interest in doing one???

Marauderville III was held in August 2005 in Detroit in conjunction with the Woodward Dream Cruise (WDC) that year. I recall about 85-100 MMs in attendance.

The folks in Detroit used to hold a regular gathering at Capers Restaurant on a fairly regular basis that would draw many of their local members out. Not sure what is happening now.

stevengerard
01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
I've met with Pops a few times over the years and a few other guys in South Haven/ Saugatuck. Went to MVIII as well, Maybe you'd get more info on the Motor city board.

We should try to do the cruise again this year that we did at MVX and get a Gingerman test and tune in as well

J-MAN
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
A small group from MCM tried to set up a get together last year or so but it fell apart and never happened. The BIG deal is the Woodward Dream Cruise where they get a good portion of a Burger King lot on Woodward and sell spots for at or about $100.00. A good group of guys with more than a few Trilogy Marauders. :rock: Covered seating right on the curb and free food last year. You're a good mixer and would love it!

Curless
01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
A small group from MCM tried to set up a get together last year or so but it fell apart and never happened. The BIG deal is the Woodward Dream Cruise where they get a good portion of a Burger King lot on Woodward and sell spots for at or about $100.00. A good group of guys with more than a few Trilogy Marauders. :rock: Covered seating right on the curb and free food last year. You're a good mixer and would love it!

Yes, but the price is not worth it in my mind. I could have parked along Woodward just about anywhere for around 20 bucks. Food? I got no food, and in all honesty I was not received by everyone as I thought I would be. Mike was very gracious but I knew nothing of food nor did I feel I was allowed to be under the awning.

Curless
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
I've met with Pops a few times over the years and a few other guys in South Haven/ Saugatuck. Went to MVIII as well, Maybe you'd get more info on the Motor city board.

We should try to do the cruise again this year that we did at MVX and get a Gingerman test and tune in as well

I would love to go to Roscoe's Round Up again! Its already on my schedule.

SC Cheesehead
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
I would love to go to Roscoe's Round Up again! Its already on my schedule.

If I'm still working in Hammond around that time, I'd head over for the Round Up again in a heartbeat!

MM2004
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, but the price is not worth it in my mind. I could have parked along Woodward just about anywhere for around 20 bucks. Food? I got no food, and in all honesty I was not received by everyone as I thought I would be. Mike was very gracious but I knew nothing of food nor did I feel I was allowed to be under the awning.

I am sorry to hear of this, as it should not be that way.

When you are heading home after Louisville, I want nothing more than for you to look forward to the following year.

And to feel a little sad while driving, yet with a smile on your face, for the entire trip.

Every year, I have been blessed with a successful meet, and I continue to work my ass off in keeping that streak moving forward.

We'll hoist many beers at Louisville, after we shake hands.

;)

Mike.

MyTMerc
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I've been to Woodward every year since MVIII. We visit family nearby. I don't see many Marauders... if any at the BK but I don't stay there through the evening. Ran into a friendly face (former CAM member) 2-3 years ago.....

loud2004marquis
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM

Lidio usually has a Dyno Day in the spring, sometime around April, right here in Michigan. Been going to them the last two years and haven't seen another Marauder.

A meet does sound like a good idea.

Curless
01-25-2013, 06:29 PM
I am sorry to hear of this, as it should not be that way.

When you are heading home after Louisville, I want nothing more than for you to look forward to the following year.

And to feel a little sad while driving, yet with a smile on your face, for the entire trip.

Every year, I have been blessed with a successful meet, and I continue to work my ass off in keeping that streak moving forward.

We'll hoist many beers at Louisville, after we shake hands.

;)
Mike.

:beer: From what I read and what others tell me your efforts are greatly appreciated and respected. Yes, we will hoist many a drink this spring! I am so looking forward to it, I love the city of Louisville, have stopped there many times on my way South.

Its hard to always one up yourself, my wife and I put on motocross parties at our house for a few years. About 150 or so people would come out to ride our track and party...we kept one upping ourselves till we heard one or two people bitching... F it, its not worth the weeks and weeks of prep and the $$$ we would invest.

So to you I say, THANK YOU, for your efforts even though I have not been to one yet. Can't wait!!!!!!:bows:

Mr. Man
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
You might just need to set something up yourself and see what happens. It's not hard to set something up at a restaurant. You just need to let the manager know if it's a small place.

We do Fuddruckers in NJ because the food is halfway decent and there is a lot of seating and parking. I don't call ahead or anything. I do though set the meet for just after the lunch rush but I don't think high noon would be a particular problem.

It's a good idea to pick a place that is convenient for as many people as possible so a central local is optimal. If you can try the food first if it's not a chain restaurant and make sure there is plenty of parking away from where the masses park.

Make sure you give plenty of notice and if there are other forums in your area invite them as well. We usually get some of the CVN and UPOA crowd and all are welcome. :)

MyBlackBeasts
01-25-2013, 08:39 PM

There was a big one last summer called MVX... ;)

I would love to do Roscoes again.

Up for anything, let me know! :D

Curless
01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
There was a big one last summer called MVX... ;)

I would love to do Roscoes again.

Up for anything, let me know! :D

LOL, yes MVX was great! I am definitely wanting to do Roscoes this year. Gonna try to get a crew to come down. I can taste all of that food now!!!!!!

Gigan
01-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Count me in if anything is planned.

Curless
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Count me in if anything is planned.

Holy crap! You are alive!!!!!!! Good to see you on here buddy, we need to get together for some :beer:

guspech750
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes. Roscos is on my to do list along with a trip or two to Gingerman.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Gigan
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Holy crap! You are alive!!!!!!! Good to see you on here buddy, we need to get together for some :beer:

Yeah we do! I've been wanting to come up your way but I've been pretty busy with a new job. I'm working out of state a lot now. I will do my best to find time for a get together though.

J-MAN
01-26-2013, 05:44 AM

Very sorry to hear that. I can't really understand what happened. Next time you can sit on my lap.....under the awning!

kirk
01-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Chris, what if we do something in cojunction with the 28th Street Metro Cruise? We've met at Dale's place in the past, but really haven't had many Marauders for years. If we had a prime spot on 28th we could make a show of it. Know anybody? I like 28th because it's big, but hasn't gotten crazy yet like Woodward, and you can prak for free. Most of us that respond here seem to be on this side of the state.

GreekGod
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
In the past we have met in winter months in Kalamazoo (2X), east of Battle Creek, and at Quaker Steak & Lube on 28th Street.

bigcowl-imp
01-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Very sorry to hear that. I can't really understand what happened. Next time you can sit on my lap.....under the awning!

So how long have ??

Curless
01-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Chris, what if we do something in cojunction with the 28th Street Metro Cruise? We've met at Dale's place in the past, but really haven't had many Marauders for years. If we had a prime spot on 28th we could make a show of it. Know anybody? I like 28th because it's big, but hasn't gotten crazy yet like Woodward, and you can prak for free. Most of us that respond here seem to be on this side of the state.

I can arrange a spot at the Metro Curise. My friend has the corner of 28th and Micheal every year. Its at a cost of about $25 per car. I am sure I can get 10 - 20 spots as long as I have the $$ up front.

stevengerard
01-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I can arrange a spot at the Metro Curise. My friend has the corner of 28th and Micheal every year. Its at a cost of about $25 per car. I am sure I can get 10 - 20 spots as long as I have the $$ up front.

Sounds good to me, is there info on this cruise on the web?

Curless
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/

stevengerard
01-29-2013, 10:08 AM
wouldn't you know the site features a pic of an Oldsmobile!

kirk
01-29-2013, 05:15 PM

5th 3rd or BoA?

Hack Goby
01-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Yes, but the price is not worth it in my mind. I could have parked along Woodward just about anywhere for around 20 bucks. Food? I got no food, and in all honesty I was not received by everyone as I thought I would be. Mike was very gracious but I knew nothing of food nor did I feel I was allowed to be under the awning. The MCM have always put on a good show for the dream cruise.The price you pay is for most likely the best spot to be on Woodward.The price of the lot alone was 16K the last time I was there and every year the group gets a little smaller.Sorry to hear you didnt feel welcome as they usely go out of there way to to make sure everyone has a good time.

Curless
01-30-2013, 06:51 AM
The MCM have always put on a good show for the dream cruise.The price you pay is for most likely the best spot to be on Woodward.The price of the lot alone was 16K the last time I was there and every year the group gets a little smaller.Sorry to hear you didnt feel welcome as they usely go out of there way to to make sure everyone has a good time.

$16,000:eek: I'd say $1600...even then, its way too much money for what they get. The Burger King people are extremely rude, the lot is completely un organized, there is no one in charge of letting cars in or out. Its kinda just there. As for feeling left out, yeah Mike was the only one that really spent anytime with us. He was more than polite and offered to let us park at his house around the corner with our other cars. The whole Burger King thing, not so much. There are plenty of parking places along Woodward that are way better organized, less money, and people who were way more interested in having us there.

Curless
01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
5th 3rd or BoA?

Its the BOA side, just to the West of BOA there is an open lot between BOA and what was Blockbuster, we get that entire lot and we can expand back as far as we want. We have it roped off, have a guy that stays the night at the lot so we can leave our cars there if we want to. There is a cackle fest at one point in the day (open header running of all of the cars there) and we cruise to a couple of places at night.

Hack Goby
01-30-2013, 06:55 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/3/IMG_1916.JPG (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11037/title/kalamazoo-ii/cat/3) The turnout at Kalamazoo a few years back.

Curless
01-30-2013, 07:14 AM
I recognize a few of these faces!

kirk
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Its the BOA side, just to the West of BOA there is an open lot between BOA and what was Blockbuster, we get that entire lot and we can expand back as far as we want. We have it roped off, have a guy that stays the night at the lot so we can leave our cars there if we want to. There is a cackle fest at one point in the day (open header running of all of the cars there) and we cruise to a couple of places at night.

I could do this.

Curless
01-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I could do this.

Which one would you bring????

Answer: BOTH!

kirk
01-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Which one would you bring????

Answer: BOTH!

I've done that before, but it happens pretty infrequently. It's an option. Do I get a multiple car discount?

Curless
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
I've done that before, but it happens pretty infrequently. It's an option. Do I get a multiple car discount?

LMAO! I will have to see what I can arrange!

Trevor M
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Im totally down to meet up this summer with a group of people.

LMAO! I will have to see what I can arrange!

Curless
02-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Sweet! We should get a group together for Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids.

GreekGod
02-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Any trailer queens that need parking? I have three locations you may drop your trailers at.

=================

kirk
02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Any trailer queens that need parking? I have three locations you may drop your trailers at.

=================

Thanks Dale, but my queen abdicated her crown years ago. :)

Trevor M
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Sounds good to me. Ill drive over from Livonia!

Curless
02-13-2013, 06:26 AM
We will have to keep this an open conversation as the year goes on.

kirk
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
We will have to keep this an open conversation as the year goes on.

That's a long conversation!

Curless
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Yep, but as some of you know...I am looong winded!

Curless
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
I spoke to my buddy that gets the corner lot, he is limited to the number of spaces so I will be looking into some other areas.

lji372
02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a trailer......:)

kirk
07-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Look what came in the mail today
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/Kirk_D/07-16-2013074806PM_zpscca77796.jpg (http://s260.photobucket.com/user/Kirk_D/media/07-16-2013074806PM_zpscca77796.jpg.h tml)

This is one spot I've always parked at in the past and loved it. This is FREE parking! At a Mercury (former) dealership!

I talked to John on the phone already and they welcome the Marauders. How many are in?

Curless
07-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Hmmm, I have some spots at another location already but we could look into this...

gdmjoe
07-17-2013, 06:22 AM
kirk ... IMOA / Dan Pfeifer / 28th Street Cruise ...
Having also been there before, while not a Mercury, would also join the festivities.

In the category of BTW ..........
http://www.gdmjoe.com/events/2013/20130811dearborn.jpgAlways a BIG event with quite a few of the MotorCity Marauders showing-up.

lji372
07-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Hey there's a get together this weekend at the sandbar:D

Curless
07-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Hey there's a get together this weekend at the sandbar:D
Oh really??? Hmmmm.....

kirk
07-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Hmmm, I have some spots at another location already but we could look into this...

I hadn't seen any updates so I thought maybe we were in limbo. Still can't beat the price.

Curless
07-17-2013, 07:01 AM
I hadn't seen any updates so I thought maybe we were in limbo. Still can't beat the price.

Honestly, if you guys want a Marauder themed spot this would be the place to be. I am not interested in that though. I have other cars and this being local for me I have a chance to get them out.

kirk
07-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Honestly, if you guys want a Marauder themed spot this would be the place to be. I am not interested in that though. I have other cars and this being local for me I have a chance to get them out.

Where do you plan to be?

Curless
07-17-2013, 08:03 AM
I will be down at Micheal and DeHoop in wyoming. I can't get the spaces that I wanted to get....

GreekGod
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
I will be down at Micheal and DeHoop in wyoming. I can't get the spaces that I wanted to get....

Did you mention my name?

==========

Curless
07-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Did you mention my name?

==========

Nope, Jim Kline gets spaces for Go Fast

GreekGod
07-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Nope, Jim Kline gets spaces for Go Fast

Well - whoever this Jim Kline is, just mention my name to him!

=====================

MyTMerc
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Anybody go to the Gratiot Cruise in Roseville (1st annual) this past Sunday? I spotted one black MM cruising by between 12-13 mile. I was up there for a long weekend with family. They are having another cruise on Gratiot next weekend in Clinton Township. They seem to have cruises scheduled by each community throughout the summer. The cities can't seem to agree on combining them so it offers the cruisers more opportunities to get there cars out of the garage.

We'll be back up for Woodward in the MM in a few weeks.:banana2:

Hack Goby
07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
For years Roseville have kept Gratiot from being like Woodward by not wanting it in there city now they want there own.Dont waste your time as it only goes for three miles with nothing to offer.

Pat
07-30-2013, 05:07 PM
You might just need to set something up yourself and see what happens. It's not hard to set something up at a restaurant. You just need to let the manager know if it's a small place.

We do Fuddruckers in NJ because the food is halfway decent and there is a lot of seating and parking. I don't call ahead or anything. I do though set the meet for just after the lunch rush but I don't think high noon would be a particular problem.

It's a good idea to pick a place that is convenient for as many people as possible so a central local is optimal. If you can try the food first if it's not a chain restaurant and make sure there is plenty of parking away from where the masses park.

Make sure you give plenty of notice and if there are other forums in your area invite them as well. We usually get some of the CVN and UPOA crowd and all are welcome. :)

The North Texas Marauders did this a few years back at a Restaurant in Dallas (our home base), 'Two Rows' I believe was the name of the place. We had about 15 marauder's show up for the brunch and parking lot GTG.

Centerville, a small town in the middle of Texas was another venue that enjoyed a large gathering of Marauders. These are examples of one day affairs, little cost but lots of fun. In centerville we would meet at a famous BBQ place, eat and then cruise to a nearby state park for photo op and family fun.

Advertise on the MCM and .NET sites plus the Chicago Garage web site and ramrod this yourself. A Sunday works best because many still work on Saturday. Allow some lead time and beat the drums.

I'm talking aboujt a one day affair, meal, a short cruise to a park for social, keeps "Da Law" happpy.

Good luck,