PDA

View Full Version : JLT air box

Guittard22
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I looked on your site but did not see the HP gain for the air box, tube to replace the stock mm box .

Any help be great

DOOM
02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Drive the car FIRST!

Trust me you will be happy with it as is!

Get use to what you have first!

That mod bug is tearin yo ass up already! :lol:

whitey
02-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Sorry, didnt see what topic this was....deleted

Guittard22
02-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Drive the car FIRST!

Trust me you will be happy with it as is!

Get use to what you have first!

That mod bug is tearin yo ass up already! :lol:

Killing me man just killing me :) were you get you'r car washed Doom in MD I was told my car needs a good buff

DOOM
02-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Killing me man just killing me :) were you get you'r car washed Doom in MD I was told my car needs a good buff

I wash my car right in my driveway.

Guittard22
02-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I wash my car right in my driveway.

I saw a post you got it waxed or somthing from a shop before a show ?! If I am wrong let me know .

DOOM
02-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I saw a post you got it waxed or somthing from a shop before a show ?! If I am wrong let me know .

Yes I get my car DETAILED 1-2 times a year. That shop is in Va.

IwantmyMMnow!
02-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I looked on your site but did not see the HP gain for the air box, tube to replace the stock mm box .

Any help be great

I just picked up a JLT a week or so ago. I remember seeing a chart on the JLT indicating a gain of 8 or 9 HP, but can't seem to locate that chart now.

Congrats on getting your MM...I had to wait 5+ years before I could buy (read: afford) mine, so I'm sure you'll be very, very happy to finally have one.

SC Cheesehead
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I just picked up a JLT a week or so ago. I remember seeing a chart on the JLT indicating a gain of 8 or 9 HP, but can't seem to locate that chart now.

Congrats on getting your MM...I had to wait 5+ years before I could buy (read: afford) mine, so I'm sure you'll be very, very happy to finally have one.

That would be a VERY optimistic number. The OEM airbox on the Marauder was designed by Roush and actually flows a lot of air. But a JLT or K&N looks good, and sounds even better.

I'd estimate maybe a 3 to 5 hp gain from the mod.

jimlam56
02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
That would be a VERY optimistic number. The OEM airbox on the Marauder was designed by Roush and actually flows a lot of air. But a JLT or K&N looks good, and sounds even better.

The Voice of Reason and Fact.^^^

IwantmyMMnow!
02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Wish I could've found that chart before I posted up my #s...knew it wasn't a huge gain, but still guessed too high. :o

lji372
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
combine that mod with a trilogy for a noticeable difference, start hunting for one now. You won't be disappointed. your new ride is worthy of it. sharp car man congrats again....

SC Cheesehead
02-08-2013, 04:23 AM
combine that mod with a trilogy for a noticeable difference, start hunting for one now. You won't be disappointed. your new ride is worthy of it. sharp car man congrats again....

True, that.

It'll be the JLT that makes the BIG difference... ;)--------------->:D

Tucker
02-08-2013, 05:31 AM

The Voice of Reason and Fact.^^^
3-5 HP?:rolleyes: Where did you guys pull that from?

We don't "guess" at our HP numbers and some of you have been around here long enough to know that.

If anything we are more honest than we need to be. We tell you what you will get if you did the exact test, which is easy to do.

Go to the dyno, run it stock, swap the intake and run it again, easy easy easy.
So why would we make false claims when a test is too easy to prove us wrong? That's just stupid.

When we first came on MM we were doubted and a member did his own test and got 10-12 if I remember right.

Saying 3-5 is just insulting. Basiclly your calling us a lier and I take offence to that.

You will not find another company that tests it's product more and shows the results.

Here's our first test from back in 06 and we have done a couple more with the same results.

I'll take this time to thank the Marauder community as we still sell 4-8 Marauder kits a month, it's crazy:beer:
Thanks for the support

Jay

WhatsUpDOHC
02-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Any #'s with JLT and tune?

Tucker
02-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Sorry, we never tested the tunes on the Marauder.

SC Cheesehead
02-08-2013, 11:10 AM

We don't "guess" at our HP numbers and some of you have been around here long enough to know that.

If anything we are more honest than we need to be. We tell you what you will get if you did the exact test, which is easy to do.

So why would we make false claims when a test is too easy to prove us wrong? That's just stupid.

When we first came on MM we were doubted and a member did his own test and got 10-12 if I remember right.

Saying 3-5 is just insulting. Basiclly your calling us a lier and I take offence to that.

You will not find another company that tests it's product more and shows the results.

Here's our first test from back in 06 and we have done a couple more with the same results.

I'll take this time to thank the Marauder community as we still sell 4-8 Marauder kits a month, it's crazy:beer:
Thanks for the support

Jay

Based on the posted dyno sheet, I stand corrected.

lji372
02-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the support

Jay

i am certain they were throwing out a guess and not calling anyone a liAr. relax, fyi i have a jlt with my trilogy and it does make the difference:burnout:

Vortech347
02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
I picked up 12rwhp on mine, dyno verified.

jb513
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
It feels like it's going to suck the hood in!! I really don't think S/C Cheesehead meant to offend anyone. But I take offence (just kidding) to the way you spelt Marauder on the dyno sheet. Maerauder?? LOL... Love your product and it should be the first mod you do cause it's the best bang for the buck..

Tucker
03-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Good to hear, thank you

lji372
03-11-2013, 05:23 AM
It feels like it's going to suck the hood in!! I really don't think S/C Cheesehead meant to offend anyone. But I take offence (just kidding) to the way you spelt Marauder on the dyno sheet. Maerauder?? LOL... Love your product and it should be the first mod you do cause it's the best bang for the buck..

Agreed....sucks like n/m.....I bought the car then the s/c'motor with a stock cai. My first off the shelf purchase was the JLT CAI zero regrets :)
Hey I'll take that kickback in form of a gas card :lol:

Guittard22
06-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Do they make the water proof bag for the filters tips ? Think it gives it a clean look

L.Mark
06-11-2013, 04:55 PM
If you paint it DTR you will get 50 more RWHP...fact...:rolleyes:

Guittard22
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
^^^^^^
can you post a pic of the dtr tube on the intake ? Is the tube plastic or metal ?

L.Mark
06-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Ummm, errrrr, I haven't installed it yet...:D

Tucker
06-12-2013, 04:23 AM
No, we don't have water proof bags for the filter, sorry.
All our kits are plastic to resist heat.

Thanks
Jay

fastblackmerc
06-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Do they make the water proof bag for the filters tips ? Think it gives it a clean look

The prefiters are made by Outerwear.

Plenty of info on the www.

cat in the hat
06-12-2013, 08:47 AM

^^^^^^
can you post a pic of the dtr tube on the intake ? Is the tube plastic or metal ?

K&N makes a filter that's about the same size as the S&B filter that comes with the JLT, so the same DryCharger will fit on either one.

The intake tube is plastic. It feels light for it's thickness, as if it's hollow inside, maybe for heat resistance ? The DTR color is good. I'll try to post a picture of it.