PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear Fascia

BigMerc
03-07-2004, 05:51 PM
OK guys...........(tapping of finger on table) Wheres my front and rear fascia ?

just an update will do fine now, but I have all my refundable bottles and aluminum cans in the garage, awaiting the arrival of these, so I can cash in and buy!!! Thanks

woaface
03-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Fasica...you mean the front and back bumpers?

Petrograde
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Fasica...you mean the front and back bumpers?

Well Woa,... technically... the bumpers are under the fascia. The fascia is just the pretty plastic on the outside.

Tom

CRUZTAKER
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm waiting as well....but this is a tougher project than anyone expected, including Jerry.

woaface
03-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Well Woa,... technically... the bumpers are under the fascia. The fascia is just the pretty plastic on the outside.

Tom
HAHA! Did I mention I was kidding? (the root of which is kid)

HA! HA HA!

Jerry Barnes
03-16-2004, 03:35 PM
O.K. Folks,

The body kit is going slow, so please don't expect them anytime soon. Can't get the price, quality and supplier lined up to our standards. If anything changes I will let everyone know right away.

Thanks for the notes!

Jerry

Dave Compson
03-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Jerry Barnes
03-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Folks,

Believe it or not we are making progress and are working with 2 suppliers for the body kit. Taking molds to one of the suppliers this week. Molds will be updated and a prototype set of body panels should be available within a month.

Thanks

CRUZTAKER
03-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Need a volunteer fitter Jerry!!!

This is good news, waiting anxiously. :up:

Marauder
03-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Need a volunteer fitter Jerry!!!

This is good news, waiting anxiously. :up:
Since there are only 4 colors out there, will you be offering pre-painted pieces? I hope so since most of us have black MM's.

Good job on this and thanks for the updates!!!

:up: :bows:

Jerry Barnes
03-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Sorry to say, but we will not be offering painted pieces in the kit. We have talk to a number of companies and they all say that shipping paint pieces cannot be done without scratches ,etc. So, everyone recommended that we ship the pieces in white and once you have them fitted to the car, have them painted to match the car color. We have also heard that having them painted before installation can result in scratches to a painted surface. So, we are getting very close to making the kits, but they will be available only in white. They will come with all of the attaching hardware, fog lamps and wiring.

Thanks

CRUZTAKER
03-30-2004, 03:40 PM
..... but they will be available only in white. Thanks
I don't care!!! :D

As far as the hardware and such...I don't believe we ever talked about this one....
Is the front kit gonna be set up for all factory lighting, or will the need of a special fog light replacement purchase be required as well?

woaface
03-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Uh, some of you guys might look like ricers between installation and final paint:uzi:

Billatpro
03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Uh, some of you guys might look like ricers between installation and final paint:uzi:

What a terrible thing to say :uzi:

Marauder
03-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Sorry to say, but we will not be offering painted pieces in the kit. We have talk to a number of companies and they all say that shipping paint pieces cannot be done without scratches ,etc. So, everyone recommended that we ship the pieces in white and once you have them fitted to the car, have them painted to match the car color. We have also heard that having them painted before installation can result in scratches to a painted surface. So, we are getting very close to making the kits, but they will be available only in white. They will come with all of the attaching hardware, fog lamps and wiring.

Thanks

Still fine by me....hehehe. I still want one!!! I have a shop that can do it for me... :D

Question about the rear...since the new facia is shorter, will the stock pipes stick out too far? Looks like the prototype car has different tailpipes.

darebren
03-31-2004, 06:47 AM
Did I miss the picture of these kits somewhere?? Is there a chrome honeycomb grille kit too?

SouLRioT
03-31-2004, 07:47 AM
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/708SEMA0098-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/708SEMA0083-med.jpg

SouLRioT
03-31-2004, 07:54 AM
darebren, as far as a honeycomb grill no one has made anything yet, but Zack is working on something and Paul's has something too.

Jerry Barnes
03-31-2004, 08:43 AM
I don't care!!! :D

As far as the hardware and such...I don't believe we ever talked about this one....
Is the front kit gonna be set up for all factory lighting, or will the need of a special fog light replacement purchase be required as well?

We will use new PIAA Halogen Fog Lamps and they will be included in the kit.

Billatpro
05-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Is there any more progress on these kits?