PDA

View Full Version : New drag track in Lufkin

mrjones
03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I went to the new drag race track in Lufkin this weekend. Pretty convenient since I live here! I was pleasantly surprised. It's only been open for only three weeks, everything is still new. It's a much nicer facility than Hallsville. Maybe we could arrange a get-together there soon. They have a website up, but it doesn't appear to be 100% yet. You can see it at www.pinevalleyracing.com (http://www.pinevalleyracing.com)
If you want to find it on a map, it's southwest of Lufkin on FM 2497 about halfway between Diboll and SH 94.

This is a different track than the new one up outside of Rusk.

muslhed
03-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Sounds great man! Glad to hear it's nicer than the Hallsville track. I'm ready to give the new track a shot. Who else would like to set up a meet here? The rest of this month will be kinda tough for me, but maybe we could set upa a group meet the first of April.

Jeremy

mrjones
03-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Jeremy:

What kind of light bulbs do you have in your front turn signals? My wife liked them and wanted me to get some.

Sounds great man! Glad to hear it's nicer than the Hallsville track. I'm ready to give the new track a shot. Who else would like to set up a meet here? The rest of this month will be kinda tough for me, but maybe we could set upa a group meet the first of April.

Jeremy

muslhed
03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Sylvania Silverstars! They're different! O'Riely's has them in stock.

mrjones
03-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Sylvania Silverstars! They're different! O'Riely's has them in stock.
Thanks. I visited the new NHRA track in Rusk this weekend. It's called Cherokee County Motorsports Park. The spectator parking was better than our track in Lufkin - Pine Valley Raceway - but I believe that pretty much everything else is better at the Lufkin track. It has a much nicer tower, about twice as much bleacher seating, and you can back your truck up next to the fence in the last eighth mile, and watch the races from your lawn chairs. You'll need to come down sometime. The first weekend in April I have a buddy coming in from CA, and I think we're going to take both the Marauder and my Mustang out there for a little friendly competition. You should come down if you get the chance.

muslhed
03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
The first weekend in April will be pretty tough for me, as I will have just got back in town from Kansas City for a week. I would still love to come down there sometime in April! Did you get the SilverStar bulbs?

mrjones
03-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Did you get the SilverStar bulbs?[/QUOTE]
I haven't yet got the bulbs. My next money spent will be on new stainless tips. My exhaust guy ordered them a couple of weeks ago. I took the car in one day this week, but he'd fallen off his horse and wasn't at work! I may try to get them put on tomorrow. I'm getting the hollow tips that look like the stock ones. I want to open up the sound just a little bit.

April's gonna be pretty busy for me with my buddy coming in the first weekend, my daughters birthday on the second, and something else happenning every other weekend. I'm gonna try to go to Nashville for the Mustang Club of America's big party, but right now it looks doubtful.

If you're able to get down here, let me know and I"ll do my best to meet you. IF work ever brings you down here during the week, the track opens on Thu and Fri also.

cruzer
03-29-2004, 11:25 PM
O K guys, where were you---did a quick R/T from Ft Worth to Lufkin thru Tyler today (Monday) and never saw a single Marauder, or did I see a single sign telling me where the drag strips are---how about some directions---the Lufkin web site doesn't give any coordinates--haven't checked Cherokee yet. Ginny and I had a great trip and enjoyed the Piney Woods in the spring. Did a 2 hour turn-around (family business) and made the r/t in 10 hours flat--had a ball ( and Ginny didn't even wince when I passed a double-trailer 18 wheeler that the driver was apparently going to sleep--he was weaving back and forth onto the shoulder and back--caught him in the proper position and floor-boarded it) shifted 2-3 with a snap at 90 mph and 6,000 rpm--topped close to 100. Man , this thing can move :up: :flamer: Hope to visit both tracks in the near future---keep us posted. Maury

mrjones
03-30-2004, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=cruzer]O K guys, where were you---did a quick R/T from Ft Worth to Lufkin thru Tyler today (Monday) and never saw a single Marauder,

Well, I should've met you somewhere along the way, but I don't remember seeing a Marauder. I came home from Ft Worth on Monday, thru Tyler. I got back to Lufkin around 8pm, and left Dallas around 4 pm. Had to stop at some of the big stores in Tyler for the wife. But, we were in her Expedition, and not the Marauder. It was supposed to rain this weekend, and the tailgate of the Expy makes a nice dry place to change diapers!

cruzer
03-30-2004, 07:56 PM
We left Lufkin at exactly 7 PM -- it was dark, so it would be hard to see me. Thanks for looking. At last, a use for a SUV--good luck with the baby and stay safe---looking forward to meeting the family. The trip yesterday was spur-of-the-moment--otherwise would have contacted you--see you soon. :up: Maury