PDA

View Full Version : flashing airbag light?

License2Bill
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Today my airbag light started flashing on startup. It repeats a pattern of 2 flashes then 3 flashes a total of 3 times before staying lit.
I can't figure out how to embed youtube vids still even clicking the fancy little YT button and pasting the link inside doesn't work for me... here's a direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRS0IusgQXM

DOOM
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
/iRS0IusgQXM

License2Bill
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
I guess that means it's a code 23. Suggestions?

License2Bill
02-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks Doom, how does one embed video here anyway?

Mebot
02-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks Doom, how does one embed video here anyway?

copy & paste everything after the equal (=) sign

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

RF Overlord
02-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Depending on whose source you believe, LTC 23 means either Memory Clear Circuit Improperly Grounded or Restraint System Side Air Bag Status (Passenger Seat Side Air Bag Circuit Failure).

cragantler
02-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Have you done anything with your seats lately ?
My '04 Crown Vic did the same code to me back when I pulled the seats out last spring.
After the code came up, I was led to believe it was in the seat-belt tensioner area.
This is from my Ford service disc.

AIR BAG DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES/CLEARING
Code Component/Fault Description
23 Memory Clear Circuit Improperly Grounded

I pulled the passenger seat back out and double checked all connections and still had the light.
I eventually got tired of it being on so I put a piece of electrical tape over it.
Recently I was cleaning the car and pulled the tape off and......the light was off.
Still comes on to do the pre-start test but does not give me the 2 - 3 flash.
I would have to say look under your seats and see if any of the connections have come loose.
May not be a bad idea to unplug them and plug them back in.
Let us know if you fix this

License2Bill
02-24-2013, 08:35 AM
The only thing that's been done with the seats lately is somebody sat in front passenger last night and adjusted it. Probably the first time its been done since October when I bought the car

License2Bill
05-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I had forgotten to mention that passengers I have had since the problem began mentioned having difficulty getting the buckle to "click" and lock into the female part of the restraint system. The button was also difficult to press. I pushed it a few times and sprayed a little bit of wd40 in it and the light no longer comes on. I know the bulb isn't burned out either since it lights up momentarily at start up like everything else on the dash does.