PDA

View Full Version : Big Brakes with "Fanblade" Wheels?

Accumulator
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Anybody ever try to fit the Wilwoods behind 18" fanblades?

I'm @$$uming the 13" kit should fit, but you know how that can work out....

Granddaddy Marq
02-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I hope they don't fit so you can sell me the fanblades. I think they will.

Accumulator
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
I hope they don't fit so you can sell me the fanblades....

Heh heh...I haven't bought the wheels yet though. Want to determine the Wilwood Q first.

.. I think they will.

Me too, but I'd rather try to verify it before I start spending time and money.

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm second in line to buy your future fan-blades.

DOOM
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Check with Todd at TCE.

Todd TCE
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Look at it this way; if they are X friendly to the stock brakes they'll need to be X+ to the BSL6 caliper. You know we need roughly 1/8 more room. If its less friendly to the stock brakes it's certainly not going to be any better with the kit.

I do think however I'll be able to convert to the new FNSL6 from the BSL6 shortly also. Looked at this before but I may see an alternate idea. This will give us a tad more room and maybe eliminate the need for the spacer.

Accumulator
02-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Look at it this way; if they are X friendly to the stock brakes they'll need to be X+ to the BSL6 caliper. ... If its less friendly to the stock brakes it's certainly not going to be any better with the kit...

Right. Not having the wheels in-hand I can't tell if they're more/less friendly though.

You know we need roughly 1/8 more room...

Ah! *NOW* I know that :D Thanks, at least that gives me a ballpark idea.

IIRC, your website has a page with the required clearance, right? The required depth of the "pocket"?

I had hoped somebody's actually running this combo, but OK I can plan to do a little measuring.

I do think however I'll be able to convert to the new FNSL6 from the BSL6 shortly also. Looked at this before but I may see an alternate idea. This will give us a tad more room and maybe eliminate the need for the spacer.

Ah, that sounds good. Any idea on a timeframe for this development?

At least I'm not insisting on running the 17" steelies any more ;) But I'd still like to eliminate the spacer if possible, if only so I know for certain it'll pass tech where they're verboten.

Heh heh, this sure is a lot trickier than it was with the Caprices!