PDA

View Full Version : Overhead Console Illumination

fastblackmerc
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Working on a kit to make the switches in the overhead console more visible when driving at night.

Will have a nice "halo" glow around the switches. Should be able to do it in different colors.

martyo
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Very cool!

fastblackmerc
02-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Very cool!

We will see......

2,4shofast
02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Very interested!:beer:

WhatsUpDOHC
02-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Subscribing!

L.Mark
02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
What about the headlight switch. there's nothing on the actual knob to show were it is at. Even my Mark VII had a orange light to let you know. Any solution to this. And I'd be intersted in the overhead console mod...

fastblackmerc
02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
What about the headlight switch. there's nothing on the actual knob to show were it is at. Even my Mark VII had a orange light to let you know. Any solution to this. And I'd be intersted in the overhead console mod...

I can replace the bulb in the switch with an LED.

L.Mark
02-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Is there supposed to be a light in th actual knob and mine is burnt out or are you talking about the Mark's switch???

fastblackmerc
03-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Is there supposed to be a light in th actual knob and mine is burnt out or are you talking about the Mark's switch???

I don't know about the switch on your Mark, but on the Marauder there is no light in the knob, there is a light around the knob and the symbols light up.

If you want to send me the switch assembly for your Mark I'd be happy to look at it.

MENINBLK
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
The Marauder headlight switch has 2 lamps in it.
One that illuminates the headlight symbol when the lights are on,
and the other illuminates the fog lamp symbol to show your fog lamps are on.

The one lamp for the headlight switch is a very small bulb
mounted on a long plastic holder.
This lamp tends to burn out within the first year
which is why you don't remember it.

The last price I got for a replacement headlamp switch was about $99.

fastblackmerc
03-01-2013, 08:15 AM
The Marauder headlight switch has 2 lamps in it.
One that illuminates the headlight symbol when the lights are on,
and the other illuminates the fog lamp symbol to show your fog lamps are on.

The one lamp for the headlight switch is a very small bulb
mounted on a long plastic holder.
This lamp tends to burn out within the first year
which is why you don't remember it.

The last price I got for a replacement headlamp switch was about $99.

I can replace the bulb with an LED for $10.00 including shipping.

I've never seen the fog lamp bulb. Going to find it now......

marauder21
03-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Subscribed
Should look very nice!! :thumbup::D

MENINBLK
03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I got the chance to look at it again last night.
The Fog Lamp indicator is a small green square to the left side of the switch
above the fog lamp PULL indicator that lights up when the fog lamps are on.
The headlight switch itself lights up when you turn on your headlamps or the
autolamp feature turns on your lamps.

mercury5
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Jim , it's because of guys like you who always do good quality work is the reason why I buy my wife valentine candy a year in advance at 50% off. Keep up the good work:beer:

Blk04MM
03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Working on a kit to make the switches in the overhead console more visible when driving at night.

Will have a nice "halo" glow around the switches. Should be able to do it in different colors.

Sorry to go off topic but I see you're very handy when creating things for the MM

Is there anyway to add more options to the screen where the compass is? Like tire psi? Miles to E? Etc?? Or are we stuck with compass only?

MyBlackBeasts
03-02-2013, 10:27 PM

Jim, I'm all in for the overhead lights! :D

I may be wrong but I think Mark may be referring to one of my pet peeves. When you start the car in the dark there is no illumination of the light switch knob BEFORE turning it on. My Tbird was the same way. In the dark, a black dash and fumbling around trying to find the knob to turn the lights on - sucks!!! :mad2:A low output LED in the dash panel by the knob powered with switched ignition for immediate locating of the knob in the dark would be a great thing! (You boobs @ Ford hear that!!!)

Subscribing!

lttljp15
03-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Subscribed

MMcactusflower
03-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I do not drive my DTR much at night...but will check this out tonight.
Thanks.

marauder21
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Hey FBM!!
So today i was thinking, you have a kit that can be used to light up the footwells in the car right? Well what i was thinking was if it was possible to make a kit that lights up the footwells BUT it will go on and off depending on the bass of the music...you know? I've seen this in the Kia Souls where they have lights on the speakers and will react to the tempo of the music

fastblackmerc
03-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Hey FBM!!
So today i was thinking, you have a kit that can be used to light up the footwells in the car right? Well what i was thinking was if it was possible to make a kit that lights up the footwells BUT it will go on and off depending on the bass of the music...you know? I've seen this in the Kia Souls where they have lights on the speakers and will react to the tempo of the music

I can do that.

marauder21
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
I can do that.

Really? Like have various colors and have JUST the footwell lights(including the instrument cluster lights of course:p) on while driving?? :D how much???

L.Mark
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM

I may be wrong but I think Mark may be referring to one of my pet peeves. When you start the car in the dark there is no illumination of the light switch knob BEFORE turning it on. My Tbird was the same way. In the dark, a black dash and fumbling around trying to find the knob to turn the lights on - sucks!!! :mad2:A low output LED in the dash panel by the knob powered with switched ignition for immediate locating of the knob in the dark would be a great thing! (You boobs @ Ford hear that!!!)

Subscribing!

Yes, yes exactly...what he said...

fastblackmerc
03-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Really? Like have various colors and have JUST the footwell lights(including the instrument cluster lights of course:p) on while driving?? :D how much???

PM me for details.

fastblackmerc
03-04-2013, 07:24 AM

Subscribing!

I'll remove my headlight switch and check it out.

L.Mark
03-08-2013, 12:48 AM
HAve you checked this out? I was gonna take a dremmel and a JY peice and see what I could do...