PDA

View Full Version : Change Of Venue For March 13th Meet

Fin Harder 92
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
There has been a change of venue for this weekends meet. We will now be meeting at:

Haywood Customs
6204 Daimler Way Suite 130
Raleigh, NC 27607
866-4HAYWOOD

I'd like to meet there at 12:00. I will be in touch with Haywood's tomorrow to see how much space we have. If you can, please let me know who can attend by Friday. Dennis will be there tuning and I'm sure fun will be had by all. We'll also try to do some unhealthy amounts of eating too.

Take Care

Agent M79
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Dennis... Reinhart? Tuning? Are we in or are we observers?

Fin Harder 92
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Yep, THAT Dennis. I'm sure we could get some lovin' if we needed it. I'm going to have him take a look at my SCT.

Take Care

gdmjoe
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
... If you can, please let me know who can attend by Friday.
I'm forsure down for it :up:

Agent M79
03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Hope I have a car to drive there.

Marauderman
03-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Well, I'm friggin there for sure---My baby needs some touch up --you know what I mean and the Dr. is in town--you gotta be there for sure--It would be nice if Dennis would make a comment here for us about this ..the usuals,, you know,,, the w's.....and maybe an "h" or two.......Ok ..Time to plot the road map....

Well... you folks wanted a meet , here it is.....and those wanting to meet Dennis ...well, here is your chanced....and to be in central NC....come on folks,... from the coast and lower SC....lets hear from all of you....

BTW ..Fin..just what is the plan......Tom :rock:

Fin Harder 92
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Tom

I think it will be a somewhat "fluid" situation. Let's meet at 12:00. I'll scout out a few places to grab some chow. I really want to check out what I think Dennis is bringing.

Take Care

frdwrnch
03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm there! I lost my Jerry tune from october when I had to get a replacement chip from Dennis. I hope he can help me out w/some tuning. I am also interested in the new tuner device.

Marauderman
03-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Tom

I think it will be a somewhat "fluid" situation. Let's meet at 12:00. I'll scout out a few places to grab some chow. I really want to check out what I think Dennis is bringing.

Take Care
I've ask Dennis to post some 411 if he can.....sounds maybe like a Dyno and Tune in the works maybe .....gotta be worthy for him to come that far from Fla.....hope so...advise on any further--thanks...Tom..

dok
03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
My wife and I will be attending. Tom & Russell, should we meet at the Texas Roadhouse and caravan?

Marauderman
03-10-2004, 08:58 PM
My wife and I will be attending. Tom & Russell, should we meet at the Texas Roadhouse and caravan?

Meet for a caravan sounds ok to me--

Directions:
I-85 to I-40 East to Chapel Hill Rd Exit then Left on SR 54 and then Right onto Germantown Rd and then Left onto Daimler Way.....

.--I'm thinking the time frame to leave should be around 8:30 AM from "our" starting point, the Roadhouse..-how does that sound?...

dok
03-10-2004, 09:30 PM
My mapping program shows that it's 150 miles from the Roadhouse. Should be able to make it in 2 1/2 hours counting a rest break. How about 9:00 am?

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 04:49 AM
8:30-9 Am --all is good----

I think we need alittle more info on whats "fluid" as Fin says ........say.....frdwrnch( Russel) any news from your end????

Cause after the original meet and gathering stuff of what we were gonna do a tour in Fayettt...so . I'm hoping Fin can come up with more 411 on our Raleigh reloctaion activities that are available.....but it's still ok if it's just a dyno and tune as well too---wife has not seen that before --so should still be a great event---. :rock:

halucin8
03-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Damn, wish I had my car back for Dennis to tune!!!

halucin8
03-11-2004, 05:54 AM
I'll be there anyway on my girlfriend's Del Slo.

Butch
03-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Who is bringing their "significant other" to Raleigh? (I don't mean the car, I mean wife/girlfriend!)

Also, if any of you are traveling from Charlotte and will be coming through Greensboro (I-85 to I-40), I should be able to meet with you there on I-40. Let me know if this is the case, let me know a time, and I will find an easy meeting spot for all of us.

I would love to find out if we will be able to get our cars tuned also or not. If we can, I need to know how much money to bring! This thread doesn't really seem to give any of us a clear answer yet.

Later,
Butch

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Who is bringing their "significant other" to Raleigh? (I don't mean the car, I mean wife/girlfriend!)

Also, if any of you are traveling from Charlotte and will be coming through Greensboro (I-85 to I-40), I should be able to meet with you there on I-40. Let me know if this is the case, let me know a time, and I will find an easy meeting spot for all of us.

I would love to find out if we will be able to get our cars tuned also or not. If we can, I need to know how much money to bring! This thread doesn't really seem to give any of us a clear answer yet.

Later,
Butch

Well- Ms. m is coming with me and I think Don and the Mrs are coming , Agent if he gets his car off the rack in time--not sure if Mrs Agent yet,
frdwrnch is , not sure on Pat,---there will be at least two --could be all four cars coming from 85 into 40 @ your local...so name an interstate exit # where to meet up with you...and finally,, I too would like some more 411,,,so hopefully Fin will post before D-Day,,but just in case, I'll come prepared to cover car expenses for the day.................anyone else.....speak up!

Agent M79
03-11-2004, 09:39 AM
The change of venue changed our after-meet plans. Unknown yet if the fam is going to join. They've been to a DynoTune event and have short attention spans for such things.

If I am feeling alright about the car, I will try to join in on a caravan to the meet just in case something isn't right, but I can't even confirm that at this point.

I'll keep ya posted.

frdwrnch
03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Pat and I are coming and will meet you guys by 9:00 am at Texas Roadhouse. Still no word from john on dennisn

Butch
03-11-2004, 12:41 PM
There *should* be a map attached here for you guys that are coming from south of Greensboro.

Let me know if you have any questions, or IM me if you would like my cell #. I think some of you have it, but I will be happy to send it to you again if needed.

Later,
Butch

dok
03-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Butch

I have printed your map. If we leave from the Texas Roadhouse at 9:00am, I would estimate that we would be there at a little after 10:00. Sound reasonable?

Butch
03-11-2004, 01:34 PM
10:00am will be fine. I will be waiting on everyone.

There is a BP gas station just past the bridge on East Lee St, so if we need to, everyone can go there for gas/food/bathroom, whatever..... I'll leave that up to you guys once we meet at the exit.

The exit has a pretty good pull over area. Plenty of room for us to be safe.

***KEEP IN MIND THAT THE ACC TOURNEY IS IN GREENSBORO! THERE *WILL* BE A LOT MORE TRAFFIC THAN USUAL! WATCH OUT FOR THE DRUNK NUTS ON THE ROAD, EVEN AT THAT EARLY HOUR OF MORNING!***

dok
03-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Butch - Just looking at the map. Is exit 128 on the new I85 bypass or do we need to get off I85 and head for I40? If so, since it's no longer on I85, is it still marked as exit 128 or have they changed it to an I40 exit number?

Butch
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Exit 128 is on the east side of Greensboro. You will be North of the I-85 Bypass by about 10-15 minutes.

Exit 128 is an I-85 exit #. I-40 and I-85 are the same road between Greensboro and a little West of Raleigh.

Basically, just follow I-85N to exit 128. You shouldn't miss it.

Later,
Butch

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Fin Harder 92--- I can't find your phone number--so sorry --don't mean to hi-jack your hosting duties...

But--just got off the phone with Dennis and Dennis says-

He and Jerry will be there alright BUT, they originally didn't expect to do any special tuning or dyno for anyone other than what they had plans for originally--apparently a couple of situations they both were working on--Dennis and Jerry don't know how it leaked out they were gonna be there but Dennis called Jerry while I was on the phone and they both have agreed:

1. Dennis- will fix any tunner issues if you have them and were bought from him and for free while he is there without having to dyno your car.

2. Jerry has an overall light day so some dyno's can be done but thats not a guarantee or a promise....but Dennis thinks several can be done....don't know the cost..but based on Altlanta, it ran about 150 plus dyno ..so ....not sure..

3. If you have issues that you want Dennis to look at , we need to know NOW so he can address some even though he cannot promise anything cause he wasn't expected to be doing this much this weekend..but he offered to try and help given some heads up info...so he can know what to bring and how many in numbers are we talking about..

I plan on calling him back tonight after 8PM.... so .....PM with stuff and I will pass it on tonight--don't need alot of people calling him ..ok Tom.....

Fin Harder 92
03-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Gent's this is exactly what I was talking about when I said "fluid" situation. I thought it would be a good chance for some of us to meet Dennis in person and for others to touch base.

I wasn't withholding any info from you and all the info I knew, I provided. I didn't know for sure that he would be here until yesterday.

Jesus, it sounds like we're talking about Elvis...or Jesus...

Take Care

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Gent's this is exactly what I was talking about when I said "fluid" situation. I thought it would be a good chance for some of us to meet Dennis in person and for others to touch base.

I wasn't withholding any info from you and all the info I knew, I provided. I didn't know for sure that he would be here until yesterday.

Jesus, it sounds like we're talking about Elvis...or Jesus...

Take Care
OK Here is my 02 on all of this...

First off- Dennis has been for well over a year here on the board a vendor who has been and has established himself as a provider of what we MM owners all wanted to do and have eventually--and he proved he would and did back up all he provided ..so when it's referred that "he" is coming to town ,,Yeah, it is special cause he does appreciate all the MM owners cause he makes a living from it and wants to help out on whatever and whenever he can.....for all MM owners...so,,,,,,

I understand Fin your desires to point out the news of Dennis being in town and that it should take presidence over the original meet local and all and am glad you wanted to change it--but you need to understand also that there are and have been only a few select people who have been sucsessful in providing mods for our MM like Dennis has ...and he is the only one close enough to us all, so yeah , we do get excited thinking of being in his company....especially when he is not alone--like when Jerry is at the same location.. they are truely both unique individuals who know what they say and will speak up front , no holds barred, about what you may not want to hear sometimes...but it's for our own good benefit....so excuse me if I'm a little overwhelmed with your comments ..but once you meet Dennis and Jerry, hopefully you will feel as I do....

No we're not talking about Jesus, but Dennis has been known to make miracles!

Fin Harder 92
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
When you say excited, I hope you don't mean that in the Masters & Johnson way. I'm sure they are great guys, in person but it has to be Jesus and Elvis as one and two then everyone else. I don't make the rules...

Brother you gotta cut back on the Red Bull energy drink.

Take Care

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
When you say excited, I hope you don't mean that in the Masters & Johnson way. I'm sure they are great guys, in person but it has to be Jesus and Elvis as one and two then everyone else. I don't make the rules...

Brother you gotta cut back on the Red Bull energy drink.

Take Care
Regardless of your beliefs ( above items) and someones stupid rules, I hope you will enjoy this weekends association with Jerry and Dennis..I'm looking forward to seeing them again...

Fin Harder 92
03-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Uh, Tom you really should chill out. It was a joke. Do you actually know of anyone's religious beliefs that include Jesus AND Elvis?

We are all looking forward to this weekend. My point was that it started out as opportunity to meet up with Dennis and Jerry and now has turned out to be some life altering event. So now damnit, we will have a good time. Even if we have to tear up FRDWRNCH's transmission to do it.

Take Care

frdwrnch
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
??? Hey! How come I have to be the one that breaks?

Fin Harder 92
03-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Sorry bro. You were the one guy who I know could fix it on the fly.

Take Care

Marauderman
03-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Cause mine has been fixed , broke and re-fixed again already--so I am not in the running ever again--got it!! So we need another -better if we select a newbee from another forum..eh!

Agent M79
03-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I missed something, didn't I?

??? Hey! How come I have to be the one that breaks?

Sorry bro. You were the one guy who I know could fix it on the fly.
Cause mine has been fixed , broke and re-fixed again already--so I am not in the running ever again--got it!! So we need another -better if we select a newbee from another forum..eh!

Agent M79
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Since Jo and I will be departing from Mooresville, we'll be picking up I85 in Salisbury.

A trip this short, we typcially power through and do not stop.

If you guys caravaning up I85 can give me a target time for hitting Salisbury, I'll try to hook up. So here's the plan if you want to try to do that:

We'll likely not match up and be there before or after you. If we are close enough but ahead of you, we will slow to the speed limit or pull off for a bit (conditions allowing) until you are caught up. If you are ahead of us but still close enough, you can do the same for us. If we are just too far apart, then we are on our own.

If you want to call me and don't have my day #, PM and I will get it to you, or PM me your number and I will call you when I get it.

If I don't have firm coordination by... lets say, 8PM tonight, don't look for me and no worries. We'll get there.

By the way don't forget to bring ALL THIS STUFF (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=64789#post647 89)!

Fin Harder 92
03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Dave you forgot the Red Rider BB Gun with the compass in the stock.

Marauderman
03-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey Dave--Could you wait for us at an on ramp there and we become four and meet Butch in G'boro at exit 128 and become five into Raleigh...we'll be leaving at about 9 from the roadhouse...so can you figure how long/when we should be coming by?? Just wondering.......the more the merrier :rock:

Agent M79
03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Fin - I will update the list!

mman - I am guessing about 20-25 minutes once you are actually on the interstate to Salisbury. I could time it so we are in position by about 9:15am. If so, I latch on.

I have your cell so I will coordinate with you. I am PM'ing you my work number and my cell number so that you can let me know of any last minute changes.

frdwrnch
03-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Agent, how did you fit all that stuff in the trunk of a mustang before your MM?

Agent M79
03-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Heh. I didn't. And I don't in the MM either!

Someone [coughmaraudermancough] asked that I put together a list of some road trip essentials and the thing just grew on it's own.

If I were going to Indy, a lot of that stuff would be in there. For the trip to Raleigh, a good amount less.

I'm still collecting items for the list so if y'all can think of more, send them on to me.

Marauderman
03-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Fin - I will update the list!

mman - I am guessing about 20-25 minutes once you are actually on the interstate to Salisbury. I could time it so we are in position by about 9:15am. If so, I latch on.

I have your cell so I will coordinate with you. I am PM'ing you my work number and my cell number so that you can let me know of any last minute changes.
OK - got your Pm and have your #'s on my cell directory....Thanks...and your still funny as ever.....( coughlistcough) :lol:

woaface
03-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey, I know you guys were thinking about possibly coming down here. Now we can do the food and dealership thing, or we can do the dragway thing. For food I can make reservations and what not, for the strip...here's their deal....

Practice and Grudge Racing

Thursday March 11, 2004

6pm-10pm

Bracket Racing

Saturday March 13, 2004

Gate opens at 12:00 noon eliminations at 4:30 pm.

Yeah...whatever ya'll are into and whenever if any is cool with me!!!:rock: !\

And here is their schedual through April...

http://www.greerdragway.com/schedule.htm