PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Louisville Attendees!!!

DOOM
03-27-2013, 09:33 PM
There are alot of "NOOBS" coming this year.

This will be the largest KENTUCKY REGIONAL MEET yet! :banana2:

Here are a few helpful tips for you guys old and new.

Preload your navigations with the addresses of all the places we will be touring and dining. Here is a link with all the info you will need.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33 409&d=1364255705

Address for Hooters. (Thursday night)
http://www.hootersrmd.com/store_info.html?store_id=24

Bring your FRS radios. Have them set to channel 5!

Lawn chairs & coolers for hanging out under the canopy.

Marauder jackets. (in case we still have some chilly days)

Cameras and video recorders.

Toolbox

Detailing products

There will be close to 50 Marauders in our convoy this year. THATS OVER A 1 MILE LONG CONVOY OF MARAUDERS! :eek:

We ride in the slow lane and normally run 10MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT!

Park lights and fog lights on when we ride!
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/Burnout_158_copy.jpg
Photography by MM2004

DOOM
03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
There will be ALOT OF DRIVING this year!

Please make sure your gas tank is FULL each day before we roll out!

There are quite a few gas stations close to the hotel. I normally fill up the night before so I'm not scrambling around in the morning.

Also for all you guys with smart phones. There is an awesome app called Gasbuddy! Just put in the zip code of the hotel and all the gas stations in the area will pop up and show you the best deals on gas.

L.Mark
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Can you repeat that alittle slower, I wasn't paying attention...

DOOM
03-27-2013, 10:25 PM

This is for your benefit.

L.Mark
03-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Appreciate it.:D Doing it all now man...:banana::banana: Gonna get the radios this weekend.:)

lji372
03-28-2013, 02:36 AM
man I feel like its the countdown to Christmas :D

CBT
03-28-2013, 03:14 AM
If your brakes suck, I recommend the back of the line. The accordian effect of a mile long Marauder convoy going 10 under the speed limit is going to be crazy, I don't want anyone's hood in my trunk and I don't want mine in anyone elses. If the Marauder in front of you has dark tint in the back window, it's even worse trying to see when everyone is braking.
Just my 2 cents after a couple of Kentucky and Marauderville meets. :beer:

MM2004
03-28-2013, 03:15 AM
DOOM (Jake), pretty much summed up the key points.

;)

On Friday and Saturday mornings, I ask that everyone be prompt and ready before we roll out.

Yes, we will drive under the limit as this has worked very well for me in the past.

The FRS radios are not toys to be used for BS chit-chat. Keep the channel open for pertinent information that we need to know as a group.

I am planning on having a drivers meeting on those mornings to go over the basics for those that are new to this, and as a refresher for the veterans.

All BS aside,... In the seven years I have been doing this, not one car has received so much as a scratch during our convoying around town. I have every intention on making this the 8th year once completed.

Being aware of your surroundings, paying attention and practicing safety is a key role in making this a success.

Trust me when I say this folks...

As the lead car, and seeing 40+ cars in my mirrors, while following me to our destinations, makes me an absolute nervous wreck!

Everyone adhering to the key points mentioned, will make this a huge success!

;) :burnout:

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2013, 04:11 AM
There are alot of "NOOBS" coming this year.

This will be the largest KENTUCKY REGIONAL MEET yet! :banana2:

Here is a helpful tip for you guys old and new: If Casey drops a bar of soap in front of you, DO NOT bend over to pick it up....

Fixed!

:D

guspech750
03-28-2013, 04:17 AM

:lol:

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Haggis
03-28-2013, 04:18 AM
Let us in the back know when you are changing lanes up front; ie.. moving left, moving right and pass it down the line. The cars in the back can not hear the radios of the cars up front most of the time.

Also pass back information such as Exit numbers and getting on off of the highways. We almost had a couple of accidents in the past due to jumping 2 or 3 lanes at the last minute in the past.

MM2004
03-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Let us in the back know when you are changing lanes up front; ie.. moving left, moving right and pass it down the line. The cars in the back can not hear the radios of the cars up front most of the time.

Also pass back information such as Exit numbers and getting on off of the highways. We almost had a couple of accidents in the past due to jumping 2 or 3 lanes at the last minute in the past.

I was not aware of this Gordon, yet makes perfect sense to me.

While always trying to do my best in keeping people informed, I have no way of knowing how far to the back of our convoy my radio reaches.

Passing back information is a damn good idea folks!

;)

Mike.

Mebot
03-28-2013, 05:02 AM
I hope the 2 way cobra radios I bought on groupon come in time before Louisville.

sent from space

MM2004
03-28-2013, 05:07 AM
I hope the 2 way cobra radios I bought on groupon come in time before Louisville.

sent from space

Don't lose sleep over it man.

Peeps always have extras to lend out.

;)

Mike.

Curless
03-28-2013, 05:47 AM
I can't wait to get out of this cold weather!:beer:

DOOM
03-28-2013, 06:02 AM

sent from space

I'll have an extra radio if you need one. :beer:

lji372
03-28-2013, 06:38 AM
used to have two sets......still looking:mad2:

Mebot
03-28-2013, 06:41 AM
I'll have an extra radio if you need one. :beer:

sweet thanks! actually my dad has a pair that we'll use but I want some of my own

sent from space

Curless
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
I could use one if someone has one to lend!

Bigdogjim
03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Remember one U-Turn is a given:)

I can hear mercman now standing in the lobby sipping his coffee saying to someone within ear shot..............."It's like hearding cat's trying to round marauders in the morning" :laugh:--------------Love that line. I will miss hearing it from the "masters" mouth.:mad:

Be safe enjoy, post lots of picts!

Haggis
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Remember one U-Turn is a given:)

I can hear mercman now standing in the lobby sipping his coffee saying to someone within ear shot..............."It's like hearding cat's trying to round marauders in the morning" :laugh:--------------Love that line. I will miss hearing it from the "masters" mouth.:mad:

Be safe enjoy, post lots of picts!

"It is not a Marauder Meet without at least one U-turn." - Ladyhawke

DOOM
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I could use one if someone has one to lend!

I got you bro. :beer:

Haggis
03-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I wont drone you bro. :beer:

***Fixed***

Mebot
03-28-2013, 10:51 AM
What is the weather supposed to be like for next week? Want to plan my wardrobe accordingly.

Jeans and a sweatshirt kind of weather or should I pack my banana hammock? :confused:

CBT
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
What is the weather supposed to be like for next week? Want to plan my wardrobe accordingly.

Jeans and a sweatshirt kind of weather or should I pack my banana hammock? :confused:

Response 1.) Mine is always packed! ;)
Response 2.)Yeah. Pack it with a couple of potatos so it looks like you have one in 'man' size.

I also have a spare radio if someone needs/wants one.

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM

Thursday PM: Partly Cloudy, temps near 50, no rain
Friday: Partly Cloudy, Hi 55 Lo 36, no rain
Saturday: Mostly Sunny, Hi 59 Lo 39, no rain
Sunday AM: Mostly Cloudy, Lo 44 no rain

Not bad, but cooler than normal.

As for the banana hammock...bring a suitcase full of 'em....just don't wear any of them around me...:D

DOOM
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
1 week countdown guys! :banana2:

Anyone else have any helpful info to share?

Trying to help out all the NOOBS.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Response 2.)Yeah. Pack it with a couple of midgets so it looks like you have one in 'man' size.

***Fixed!***

Mebot
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Thursday PM: Partly Cloudy, temps near 50, no rain
Friday: Partly Cloudy, Hi 55 Lo 36, no rain
Saturday: Mostly Sunny, Hi 59 Lo 39, no rain
Sunday AM: Mostly Cloudy, Lo 44 no rain

Not bad, but cooler than normal.

As for the banana hammock...bring a suitcase full of 'em....just don't wear any of them around me...:D

Ok cool thanks for the forecast. So it looks like it dips down into the thirties at night. Need to bring my "cigar jacket" for smokes outside.

Response 2.)Yeah. Pack it with a couple of potatos so it looks like you have one in 'man' size.

You have been to more Louisville event so your pen0r is bigger than my weenus :(

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Well, we don't want to tell them EVERYTHING, do we?...:cool4:

Just relax, have fun, and don't mess up the convoys...:D

Wash hands, face, and privates after being around Casey and Joe...

Have sunglasses handy when looking at Doom's engine...

Don't go to the White Castle that closes...

Don't leave cell phone/keys behind...

If someone knocks on your door at 3am offering housekeeping services...well, you can make the call on that one...everyone marches to the beat of a different drummer...

No goats allowed...leave 'em home...

Plan to call in sick to work on Monday to catch up on sleep...

MM2004
03-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Hmmm...

I am counting 43 cars and ~80 peeps.

There are still several members that I have not heard a peep from whether they are coming or not??

And have had a few cancel as well.

Mike.

DOOM
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Gasbuddy.com will find you the cheapest places for gas in the area.

Can't stress this enough!

HAVE YOUR TANKS FULL BEFORE WE LEAVE!

Mebot
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
83 octane is the cheapest gas

sent from space

Mebot
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
is there a Costco nearby? they usually have the cheapest gas (93 octane) & we are members.

not a gamechanger...just curious

sent from space

DOOM
03-28-2013, 01:04 PM
is there a Costco nearby? they usually have the cheapest gas (93 octane) & we are members.

not a gamechanger...just curious

sent from space

There is a Sams Club or Costco right beside the hotel. Lots of members fuel up there. And there's a Shell right down the road.

Mebot
03-28-2013, 01:10 PM
cool! thanks for the info!

bring car chargers for your cell phones. I have an early4G phone that dies in 4 hrs

sent from space

PonyUP
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM

Sure I have some info

First off, don't be anywhere around me after I've had White Castle

Secondly, if I decide to do a Castle run, it's best to stay out of my way

Try and get a room on the backside of the Hotel, this will muffle Dooms exhaust. It won't stop it from waking you up (ask the people on Tennessee) but will minimize it

Bring your appetite, Mike has lined up some great grub

Be on time, it's super difficult to coordinate 43 cars to do anything, so arrive 15 minutes early to your car before we depart

If you see a guy passed out in the lobby with a piece of pizza on his chest, this is normal do not be scared

Lastly, but most importantly, have fun and be social. We are all family at this meet, nobody what is said on the board, we come together every spring in the spirit of family. So meet and talk with everyone you can, you'll be friends for life

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
HAVE YOUR MIDGETS IN TOW BEFORE WE LEAVE!

***Fyksd***

DOOM
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Try and get a room on the backside of the Hotel, this will muffle Dooms exhaust. It won't stop it from waking you up (ask the people in Tennessee) but will minimize it

If you see a guy passed out in the lobby with a piece of pizza on his chest, this is normal do not be scared.

As far as the exhaust comment. Just ask Rex's wife! :argue: :hide:

And the thing with the pizza! Yes that really did happen!!!!!! :rofl:

MM2004
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM

Yes it did. And didn't said person wake up and ask the woman at the desk if breffas was ready?

And I believe she replied something to the effect of.. "No. Look down. You can eat that pizza you're wearing".

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Or look at my shoulder.

Four years later and the bruises are almost gone...

Haggis
03-28-2013, 01:59 PM
No goats allowed...leave 'em home....

Damn you!!! I brought him the previous years.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Goats, or goat piss, Gordon? ;)

Haggis
03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Goats, or goat piss, Gordon? ;)

And you thought Terry bruised your shoulder. :bop:

L.Mark
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
If anyone else has an extra radio I could use it. Had to use that money to get the Marauder outta the shop(and hope it fixes the problem...). thanks.

1 Bad Merc
03-28-2013, 02:45 PM
If you see Elvis after LCR...... Tell him I said "HI".

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM

That rule only applies to the noobs...you're good...

L.Mark
03-28-2013, 05:17 PM
My copilot will be with me as she got excused fron Jury Duty thursday and Friday. And if they fate don't shine on me, please dont' make fun cause I'm not driving a Marauder.:bigcry: Will have my LSC standing by though...:D...Won't be enough time to get the 'Mark V outta drydock...:shake:

CWright
03-28-2013, 05:38 PM
If your feeling a little "FRISKY" , the front desk clerk might be willing to help you out. ----------> :poke:"PonyUP" :D

h3Yrhv33Zb8

8UWITH6
03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
NOOB questions. So we roll 10 under no problem. Everyone I assume is pretty good at paying attention to the car in front of them and most will have GPS. Whats the rush? Why would we need to be on each others bumpers in the convoy? IF your GPS is accurate the entire group should move/travel in a nice fluid motion........... no stupid crap and 100mph blasts..........

Just asking because I dont know how you guys roll. But if your like me you dont want a mark or scratch on your MM! :)

Getting super excited to meet all of you!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you brought your drinking caps.......... (after the driving of course). See you guys Friday NIGHT!

Mebot
03-28-2013, 05:45 PM

sent from space

sweet! look what came in the mail today

sent from space

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2013, 07:08 PM
NOOB questions. So we roll 10 under no problem. Everyone I assume is pretty good at paying attention to the car in front of them and most will have GPS. Whats the rush? Why would we need to be on each others bumpers in the convoy? IF your GPS is accurate the entire group should move/travel in a nice fluid motion........... no stupid crap and 100mph blasts..........

Just asking because I dont know how you guys roll. But if your like me you dont want a mark or scratch on your MM! :)

Getting super excited to meet all of you!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you brought your drinking caps.......... (after the driving of course). See you guys Friday NIGHT!

We're not the problem...it's all those other idiots that have to use the road. They will cut you off and get in our line and create all kinds of dumbassery. Also, the mandatory U-turn that happens at every meet kinda screws things up, too.

But overall, the convoys are no sweat...

MM2004
03-28-2013, 08:23 PM

We will roll at 10 under, and I will have my cruise set at that speed to avoid the "caterpillar effect".

I do not expect a bumper to bumper convoy, and I sure as hell do not want to see huge gaps between cars either.

GPS units can and will vary on their calculations, and I recommend following the car in front of you, all the way up to the lead car. Mine.

As mentioned earlier, I will be a nervous wreck. No question about it. And will
do everything I can to ensure everyone's safety throughout.

Seven years running while under my watch, not one issue has occurred. With everyone's cooperation, we'll add another year.

;)

Mike.

8UWITH6
03-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Sounds good........ can't wait!

justbob
03-28-2013, 09:15 PM

It's inevitable. There will always be someone who leaves waaaaaaay to much of a gap causing normal traffic to slip in. Next thing you know you are playing catch up. I actually had a police officer motion me to stab it at 75 MPH. He picked the wrong car. :burn:

Basically stay tight, but not on top of each other. But there will always be an accordion effect.

L.Mark
03-29-2013, 12:11 AM
all the way up to the lead car. Mine.

Oh snissle...now I'm worried:P

knine
03-29-2013, 01:47 AM
The problem with the caravan seems to be when we first get on the interstate. The last car is stuck behind a traffic light or two trying to get on the interstate. It took me about 20 minutes to catch up once and someone in a BLUE (won't name him...... REX ;) ) took a wrong exit. Could we line the entrance ramp (both sides if needed) and the last car slow and let everyone pull out and take off?

Haggis
03-29-2013, 04:19 AM
The problem with the caravan seems to be when we first get on the interstate. The last car is stuck behind a traffic light or two trying to get on the interstate. It took me about 20 minutes to catch up once and someone in a BLUE (won't name him...... REX ;) ) took a wrong exit. Could we line the entrance ramp (both sides if needed) and the last car slow and let everyone pull out and take off?

I had to exceed triple digits one year to catch up.

knine
03-29-2013, 04:50 AM
I had to exceed triple digits one year to catch up.
I remember a rear view mirror and Zack....in that order :D

Curless
03-29-2013, 05:27 AM
You know, when it comes to traffic lights and what not we could just have a car pull out and block the intersection...its not technically legal but we do it all of the time on our bikes and no one seems to mind.

Haggis
03-29-2013, 05:53 AM
You know, when it comes to traffic lights and what not we could just have a car pull out and block the intersection...its not technically legal but we do it all of the time on our bikes and no one seems to mind.

We do that all the time, you should have been at MV9. What a hoot blocking traffic, one time even a local LEO helped us out.

IwantmyMMnow!
03-29-2013, 06:03 AM
I don't think there's a need to block traffic, line up on ramps, etc. With the length of the drives to destinations for this year, there will be plenty of time to catch up. I believe this is the reasoning for Mike rolling at 10mph under the limit...

MM2004
03-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Rolling at 10 under tends to keep other peeps from butting in line. A LEO told me years back, that this many cars is a procession, and needs to go slower than the posted speed limit.

Yes. We have plenty of time for all to fall in line when traveling to Lexington.

;)

Mike.

Curless
03-29-2013, 08:26 AM
East bound and down...

DOOM
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
:director: PAY ATTENTION GUYS!!!

Yesterday Charlotte and I were in Lexington running the course from venue to venue, and there are several key notes that need to be brought up.

First and foremost.... ***I will call for a "driver's meeting" on both Friday and Saturday mornings. And will be held in the hotel conference room 15 minutes prior to our departures.***

Here's the breakdown:

Alltech Brewing: From the parking lot, is about a 2 block hike, and all up hill while using pedestrian crossings at 2 large intersections. If there are any folks attending that may be challenged with this walk, please let me know. I will drive Charlotte up there, and wil have room for others in my MM.

Aviation Museum: Is about 6 miles from the brewery, and basically a straight shot. However, there is a boat-load of traffic lights for about a 1 mile stretch as well as construction. The roads are not tore up, and should be OK getting thru. My GPS took us straight thru the airport terminal in order to get to the museum. :eek: I will be contacting the museum as there has GOT to be a better way!
There is a main parking lot, and what appears to be a lower parking area beneath that. Hopefully we can use them both? I will now early this week.

Butt Rubb'in BBQ: From the Aviation Museum, is not bad at all with most of the route being off the "beaten path" then thru a residential area and a couple of traffic lights with mostly right hand turns. The restaurant is in a strip mall, with a much smaller parking lot than I imagined. We WILL be scattered all over the place folks, and unfortunately not having the luxury of parking in a group as we normally do.
The owner of the restaurant was very friendly, and she as well as her staff are excited about our visit next Friday! We will fill this place up, and not all of us will be able to sit together which shouldn't be an issue.
Charlotte and I enjoyed lunch while we visited, and the ribs are damn good! The meat falls off the bone, juicy and tender with excellent flavor! Their green beans were wonderful as well as their tater salad. The toast that comes with the meal was on the soggy side, with good flavor however.

Ashland - Henry Clay Estate: **I am unsure of the route from Louisville as we left from the restaurant to scope it out. Also, unsure of the exact route from the restaurant back to Louisville.**
GPS will figure that out.
As I was warned, parking is inadequate, and we will have to park on the grass as directed by staff. Ground is flat and forecast looks favorable for this.
The estate is in a subdivision with narrow roads and parked cars on one side of the road. Not difficult to navigate thru, but will have to use extra caution with possible yielding to oncoming traffic. A staff member should be outside waiting for us and to direct parking.

The Parkette: This is a PITA folks!
Leaving the estate, we will turn right onto a main road, then very shortly make a left into a residential area. The turn lane is very short and no traffic control device. Once thru the subdivision, a right turn onto a main road that sholdn't present an issue, then onto a main intersection where we turn left.
Once I made that left, I heard my GPS say those dreaded words, "U-turn ahead." :eek: :help:
We will go down about a 1/4 mile or so to a traffic light where we will turn left, follow that road back that ends in a large circle, where we will follow thru then head back up to turn right. If safe, and depending on traffic, using the shoulder to get to the restaurant may be our best option.
If you can stand hearing and feeling the warning grooves in the pavement.
Once in the Parkette's lot, we will drive around back, then around to an open parking area away from curb-side dining and park there.
We were running out of time, and did not go in to check it out. If memory serves me correctly, this restaurant only holds about 60 peeps, and I did see tables outside for dining.
When we leave, right hand turn only, and will have to drive down about 2 miles, make a left at a traffic light, then another left to back-track, passing the restaurant once again to get on 64 West.

**next post**

When leaving the hotel, and getting on the 64 East to Lexington, there is 1 stop sign and one traffic light that mandates right hand turns at both intersections prior to the on-ramp of the expressway.

I will be contacting the local Police dept. asking for traffic assistance at these 2 intersections. This is the major bottleneck that creates huge gaps in our group.

Also considering having 2 of our members hold traffic when turning left out of the hotel to speed this up a bit.

We have a couple of members in attendance that are LEO's, and most likely will discuss this with them and share our thoughts.

Once on 64 East, the posted speed limit is 70 MPH. I will set my cruise at 60 MPH and let everyone catch up. On this stretch, there are 3 lanes to choose that will help the group to fall in line.

After 18 miles, there is a stretch of construction that extends for approx 7 miles, and reduced speeds of 55 MPH - two lanes with no issues or tore up roads. After the construction zone, back up to 60 MPH and another 45 miles to Lexington. Piece of cake.

;)

Mike.

DOOM
03-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Can't stress this enough.

For those of you that have navigations. Please make sure you have the addresses from the itinerary loaded in your systems.

I have a nav in the dash of my car. I also have a portable navigation unit. If anyone needs it I will bring it with me.

Please keep the :bs: off the radios and pay attention.

Safe travels everyone. :beer:

MM2004
03-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks Jake!

:bows:

Folks,

It is imperative, that all of us pay close attention to our surroundings at all times!

Print out copies of the itinerary, and have them on the ready in case they are needed.

Have your GPS units loaded with the addresses of our venues. (This is where the itinerary comes in handy as it has the address of each stop that we make)

Every year I am asked by drones of people what the schedule is. I wish not to be rude to you, so please, have that itinerary with you so you don't need to ask!

Make sure your tanks are full of fuel, radios fully charged and/or new batteries installed prior to departures.

The radios will be needed many times during our travels, and please, please, keep the BS off-line.

One last thing...

The parking lot for Alltech Brewery is not afilliated with them, so the address for this lot is:

Oliver Lewis Way and Manchester Street intersection.
Lexington KY 40508

Make sure this is in your GPS!

I should know something about Law Enforcement assistance within a couple of days.

;)

Mike.

lji372
03-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Gasbuddy.com will find you the cheapest places for gas in the area.

Can't stress this enough!

HAVE YOUR TANKS FULL BEFORE WE LEAVE!

:lol:you are really worried about gas prices:lol:

L.Mark
03-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Guess it's good that DTR's run on good thoughts...:D

DOOM
03-30-2013, 12:10 PM
:lol:you are really worried about gas prices:lol:

Trying to help members save a couple of bucks. :)

L.Mark
03-30-2013, 12:11 PM
For those that know the are the prices for gas in the Mt Washington are are usually 5-15 cents cheaper...FYI

knine
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Guess it's good that DTR's run on good thoughts...:D
DTRs run on unicorn horns and Marines tears. That's why they are so slow......lack of fuel.

Embassy
03-30-2013, 05:56 PM
If anyone else has an extra radio I could use it. Had to use that money to get the Marauder outta the shop(and hope it fixes the problem...). thanks.

I've got an extra one you can borrow.

Excellent tips, everyone.

Like others said, drive cautiously. The first couple of years, we had some close calls.

Speaking of the first couple of meets, the veterans will be relieved to know my Marauder's tags are up to date!

Haggis
03-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Speaking of the first couple of meets, the veterans will be relieved to know my Marauder's tags are up to date!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 06:29 AM
So do we line up in order of fastest to slowest or by color? :D

guspech750
03-31-2013, 06:51 AM
DTR owners are mandated to ride along with the owners of black, blue and silvers so we don't hold up traffic.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Ms. Denmark
03-31-2013, 06:55 AM
DTR owners are mandated to ride along with the owners of black, blue and silvers so we don't hold up traffic.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

And just my luck...I drew your name to ride with me this year and now I can't make it. :alone: Dibs on ya next year!!:D

guspech750
03-31-2013, 07:34 AM
And just my luck...I drew your name to ride with me this year and now I can't make it. :alone: Dibs on ya next year!!:D

Done Deal!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 09:03 AM

Sent from my iPhone 4S

That would definitely be me this year...

knine
03-31-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think there's a need to block traffic, line up on ramps, etc. With the length of the drives to destinations for this year, there will be plenty of time to catch up. I believe this is the reasoning for Mike rolling at 10mph under the limit...

Rolling at 10 under tends to keep other peeps from butting in line. A LEO told me years back, that this many cars is a procession, and needs to go slower than the posted speed limit.

Yes. We have plenty of time for all to fall in line when traveling to Lexington.

;)

Mike.

MATH TIME !!

Here's the problem. At 60 MPH you're traveling 88 feet pet second. If you're stuck at a 30 second traffic light, your procession has traveled 2640 feet (or 1/2 mile) away from you. Because the procession is still moving, in order to overcome that distance, you would have to travel 15 MPH above 60 MPH for 30 miles to catch up (constant lineiar momentum formula / 22FPS catch-up= 60MPH+15MPH to regain 2640 FT PLUS the added time /FPS because what your catching up to is still moving away at a proportionate 4/5ths of your combined 75 MPH or 110FPS). Factor in the acceleration formula needed to obtain the 75MPH and it adds more time. For every additional second delay during excelleration to reach overtake (110FPS), you exacerbate the distance by another percentage of 88 FPS your target is moving away from you at (in relation to constant excelleration formula) adding additional catch-up time.

In short, the catch-up car that was 30 seconds behind would have to travel 15MPH above the limit for 30 miles to catch the procession assuming there were no traffic in their way, police or other delays.

The LEO was correct, Mike, assuming you're all together at the start (to stay together and have time for lane changes, exits, etc). THIS LEO with accident re-construction training and 25 years experience is pointing out something else.... the unrealized catch-up distance.

THAT is why it is best to start as a group.....or have more than one group.

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Well this is the 8th year Mike has planned this meet and has had zero incident in the previous 7, so if its not broken, don't fix it.

If everyone loads their GPS than there is no need for the catch up factor or math. Travel safe first and don't play catch up. Arrive in one piece, no math needed

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Well this is the 8th year Mike has planned this meet and has had zero incident in the previous 7, so if its not broken, don't fix it.

If everyone loads their GPS than there is no need for the catch up factor or math. Travel safe first and don't play catch up. Arrive in one piece, no math needed

Werd!

Getting there all at the same time is NBD, more important is we all end up at the same place, safe and sound. Personally, I don't mind rolling in "fashionably late" if I get hung up a ways back in traffic.

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Werd!

Getting there all at the same time is NBD, more important is we all end up at the same place, safe and sound. Personally, I don't mind rolling in "fashionably late" if I get hung up a ways back in traffic.

Or take the wrong exit

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Or take the wrong exit

If the good Lord didn't want us to take wrong exits, he wouldn'ta invented U-turns...;)

knine
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM

Zero incidents? I have brought this up beforet. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78726&highlight=convoy+60+mph&page=3 ...and there was the same problem last year.

I have spoken to Mike about this before. There have been issues, why do you think I'm bringing this up?

I've been to the last 5 years and have gotton lost twice because the group took off. I didn't have a GPS at the time and I dont know if everyone will have. Amazing how you can speak for all of us.

...and have you ever had a GPS tell you to go to the wrong place? It told me to exit one exit early then go thru downtown Louisville and back to get to the hotel one year.

It's aggrivating as hell to try to keep up with some when you dont have a GPS. When the group gets too far ahead, you cannot hear them on the radio....for helpful tips like what they found when they did the dry run last week. A GPS ain't gonna tell you that, doofus. I met a "senior" member two years ago who later said he gave up and went back to the hotel because he didnt have a GPS and couldn't keep up with the "racers" (I'm guessing he meant the back pack trying to catch up because that's where we were before I seen him turn off).

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Zero incidents? I have brought this up beforet. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78726&highlight=convoy+60+mph&page=3

I have spoken to Mike about this before. There have been issues, why do you think I'm bringing this up?

I've been to the last 5 years and have gotton lost twice because the group took off. I didn't have a GPS at the time and I dont know if everyone will have. Amazing how you can speak for all of us.

...and have you ever had a GPS tell you to go to the wrong place? It told me to exit one exit early then go thru downtown Louisville and back to get to the hotel one year.

It's aggrivating as hell to try to keep up with some when you dont have a GPS. I met a "senior" member two years ago who later said he gave up and went back to the hotel because he didnt have a GPS and couldn't keep up with the "racers" (I'm guessing he meant the back pack trying to catch up because that's where we were before I seen him turn off).

I meant zero incident as far as accidents. I think it's hard enough to plan a meet without everyone chiming in on how they think it could be done better.
We don't need to arrive as one pack, I would think a police officer would not be encouraging people to play catch up if they get separated.
All the addresses and the information have been available for months, so there is zero excuse to not be prepared. Load your GPS, search out other people in the group to have a buddy system. Research the route on mapquest.
The point being is Mike has to deal with this second guess crap every year from people that have never planned a meet of this size, everyone loves to play armchair leader if the pack.
If people can't figure out how to get to these places if they get separated, I would question how that get anywhere with which they aren't familar
I don't think it is a good idea for people to block intersections that have no authority to do so, ignore traffic signals and speed limits all as an effort to arrive together.
The safe thing to do is to research on how to get there and be prepared to do so if you get separated

knine
03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
I meant zero incident as far as accidents. I think it's hard enough to plan a meet without everyone chiming in on how they think it could be done better.
We don't need to arrive as one pack, I would think a police officer would not be encouraging people to play catch up if they get separated.
All the addresses and the information have been available for months, so there is zero excuse to not be prepared. Load your GPS, search out other people in the group to have a buddy system. Research the route on mapquest.
The point being is Mike has to deal with this second guess crap every year from people that have never planned a meet of this size, everyone loves to play armchair leader if the pack.
If people can't figure out how to get to these places if they get separated, I would question how that get anywhere with which they aren't familar
I don't think it is a good idea for people to block intersections that have no authority to do so, ignore traffic signals and speed limits all as an effort to arrive together.
The safe thing to do is to research on how to get there and be prepared to do so if you get separated

Try and catch up???? Block intersections??? I haven't recommended any of that, just the opposite. Stop drinking when you post. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO PLAY CATCH-UP. Honestly, where do you get these poluted ideas?

Everyone chiming in ? I've seen a weakness in the plan, and rather than address it and try to improve it, you'd ignore it?

Go back and read again, I added a "doofus", doofus. :D

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Stop drinking when you post. This is exactly the opposite of what I'm saying. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO PLAY CATCH-UP. Honestly, where do you get these poluted ideas?

Well okay doofus, I still say loading everyone up on a shoulder entrance ramp probably isn't safe either. Why not just ask people to be prepared? Not sure why that is so difficult

lji372
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM
So do we line up in order of fastest to slowest or by color? :D

Seniority rules. Your last :eek:

lji372
03-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Zero incidents? I have brought this up beforet. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78726&highlight=convoy+60+mph&page=3 ...and there was the same problem last year.

It's aggrivating as hell to try to keep up with some when you dont have a GPS. When the group gets too far ahead, you cannot hear them on the radio....for helpful tips like what they found when they did the dry run last week. A GPS ain't gonna tell you that, doofus. I met a "senior" member two years ago who later said he gave up and went back to the hotel because he didnt have a GPS and couldn't keep up with the "racers" (I'm guessing he meant the back pack trying to catch up because that's where we were before I seen him turn off).

Dang ill take the back and I have I GPS none of these plans are going to go as planned anyway. As long as we all live and there are no fights we all win:beer:

knine
03-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Well okay doofus, I still say loading everyone up on a shoulder entrance ramp probably isn't safe either. Why not just ask people to be prepared? Not sure why that is so difficult

You're right, you don't get it. If you didn't have a working GPS or got stuck at a light for a minute, couldnt hear the radios and were following someone who took a wrong exit, then you'd understand.

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 05:09 PM
You're right, you don't get it. If you didn't have a working GPS or got stuck at a light for a minute, couldnt hear the radios and were following someone who took a wrong exit, then you'd understand.

Gotta say, this makes a pretty good argument for having a working GPS with all appropriate addresses pre-loaded in it.

knine
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Dang ill take the back and I have I GPS none of these plans are going to go as planned anyway. As long as we all live and there are no fights we all win:beer:
Apparently I'm the only one that's had this problem then (well, me and the small line that got lost 2 years ago). No worries, I'm juggling a last minute issue and may not be able to go, so there will be no fights.

knine
03-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Gotta say, this makes a pretty good argument for having a working GPS with all appropriate addresses pre-loaded in it.
Is that why you took that wrong exit 2 years ago? You cannot plan on malfunctioning GPS's or equipment that takes a s hit at the last second.

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Try and catch up???? Block intersections??? I haven't recommended any of that, just the opposite. Stop drinking when you post. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO PLAY CATCH-UP. Honestly, where do you get these poluted ideas?

Everyone chiming in ? I've seen a weakness in the plan, and rather than address it and try to improve it, you'd ignore it?

Where did I say you suggested blocking intersections? It has been suggested but not by you. Your suggestion was to line everyone up on the shoulder, don't think that is safe either.
You made your suggestion to Mike, but you also posted it for everyone to read. You've offered your opinion and I've offered mine. Not sure why you feel the need for name calling or suggesting I drink when I post, but if that makes you feel better you go right ahead.
Posting your mathematical equation of what it takes to catch up inferred to me that that is what people needed to do.
I suggested a much safer alternative. Either way it is Mikes meet that he has done rather successfully, so I don't feel the need to second guess him or offer publicly alternatives on how he can do it better. I'd rather attend and enjoy the fruit of the hard work he has put into it.
Perhaps if you have suggestions as a police officer that you would think would be safer, you could pm those to Mike for consideration as opposed to making a public offering.
With that I've said all I have to say on it and managed to do it without name calling except returning in kind. Good day to you

knine
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Where did I say you suggested blocking intersections? It has been suggested but not by you. Your suggestion was to line everyone up on the shoulder, don't think that is safe either.
You made your suggestion to Mike, but you also posted it for everyone to read. You've offered your opinion and I've offered mine. Not sure why you feel the need for name calling or suggesting I drink when I post, but if that makes you feel better you go right ahead.
Posting your mathematical equation of what it takes to catch up inferred to me that that is what people needed to do.
I suggested a much safer alternative. Either way it is Mikes meet that he has done rather successfully, so I don't feel the need to second guess him or offer publicly alternatives on how he can do it better. I'd rather attend and enjoy the fruit of the hard work he has put into it.
Perhaps if you have suggestions as a police officer that you would think would be safer, you could pm those to Mike for consideration as opposed to making a public offering.
With that I've said all I have to say on it and managed to do it without name calling except returning in kind. Good day to you

Maybe I should have added a ;) instead of a :D and you'd know that the "doofus" was a friendly jab. As for the drinking, I don't know how I came up with that.

The ice bucket approves of this message. ;) << See, that right there is a wink, it means I'm kidding doofus.

...and it's a forum, not a PM site. I doubt Mike is offended that I offered a suggestion, his skin is thicker than that, but if he is offended, MIKE I APPOLOGIZE FOR OFFENDING YOU.

MM2004
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
WTF just happened here?

I see both sides of this, and honestly, this thread was designed by the OP to advise peeps on what to bring and how this all goes down.

To see the bantering going back and forth is ridiculous to me. And is sending negativity along with fear, in my eyes, to many members here that are attending a meet this size for their first time.

Plain and simple...

We WILL be broken up as group once we get rolling, and onto the expressway.

There WILL be plenty of time for everyone to catch up, without endangering people's lives.

We WILL be rolling at 60 MPH, in a posted 70 MPH zone.

We WILL be on the expressway for approx. 58 miles before we get off onto secondary roads. Then....

We WILL get broken up again, until we reach our destinations.

I have provided more than enough information well in advance of what and where our destinations will be.

GPS, Maps, following, etc... WILL get us all there in one piece.

Lastly, while I cannot prevent the inevitable, I work damn hard to ensure everyone's safety is not compromised. Along with a track record of zero accidents while under my watch.

While always open for suggestions on how to improve what I have been doing for 7 years past, criticism, if constructive I am OK with.

In closing, thanks for the added stress.

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Apparently I'm the only one that's had this problem then (well, me and the small line that got lost 2 years ago). No worries, I'm juggling a last minute issue and may not be able to go, so there will be no fights.

What are your suggestions, then?

We can't all hang together due to group size and routes, so we know that a caravan is going to get fragmented; what else is there other than relying on radios and/or GPS?

:dunno:

lji372
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Omg. Can you guys pm this? Pleeeeeese :D

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Maybe I should have added a ;) instead of a :D and you'd know that the "doofus" was a friendly jab. As for the drinking, I don't know how I came up with that.

The ice bucket approves of this message. ;) << See, that right there is a wink, it means I'm kidding doofus.

...and it's a forum, not a PM site. I doubt Mike is offended that I offered a suggestion, his skin is thicker than that,

It's all good man, I did take the smiley as something different, but knowing the intention now, it's all good

knine
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
It's all good man, I did take the smiley as something different, but knowing the intention now, it's all good

What he said^^^ peace out Mike. It's all good. Just friendly bantering and jabbing between two that give each other a hard time from time to time.. Sorry to add stress, take out the nuke button and clean it up a little, I wont be hurt. E.

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Seniority rules. Your last :eek:

Ill be right ahead of you so you can drool over the blueness :)

knine
03-31-2013, 05:37 PM
^^^ Right there, the best suggestion to date. :rolleyes:

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 05:50 PM
I just read all this. Everybody chill. As a NEWB I must say thank you to MM2004 and everyone else for the info on this gathering. My wife and I are really looking forward to it. All we can do is make the convoy as safe/good as it can be. This is common, or shall I say uncommon sense. We are all adults here I think............. be safe, be prepared (ie GPS Maps, etc), and have fun. This is going to be quite an experience for my wife and I because most of the events we go to are car shows/drag racing events never a cruise or a convoy. However if everyone has their heads screwed on straight and pays attention this should be a KILLER WEEKEND. Looking forward to meeting ALL OF YOU, see you Friday night!

DOOM
03-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Jesus Christ! WTF happened!!!???

Can't we all just get along!?

Please don't over complicate this and put fear into the noobs!

It's a convoy not rocket science!

We do this type of crap every year! Not just Louisville buts Maraudervilles!!!

Everyone please take a couple! :pill::pill:

lji372
03-31-2013, 05:53 PM

Only cause I self nominated to stay back in case someone gets lost n/a boy lol

Plus the bonus is drooling over blue :beer:

IwantmyMMnow!
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
What about aardvarks? I don't see a contingency plan for aardvarks...

;) :D :rolleyes: :confused:

knine
03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Jesus Christ! WTF happened!!!???

Can't we all just get along!?

Please don't over complicate this and put fear into the noobs!

It's a convoy not rocket science!

We do this type of crap every year! Not just Louisville buts Maraudervilles!!!

Everyone please take a couple! :pill::pill:
Nothing happened. Just a couple of friends being hard on each other and making up in the end, like always. If you'd like, I can go back and edit in a few dick and gay jokes and make it seem more normal. ....like those don't scare enough people.

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
^^^ Right there, the best suggestion to date. :rolleyes:

Lighten up dude. It was directed towards the lji372 not you sir.

L.Mark
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Why can't you just have several "leads"with nav units. One in the lead, two in the middle and one bringing up the rear. So almost not matter where the group is separated the "Lead" can assume the lead. And where are the cells phones when people get lost, can't we just cal ans say "I think I took the wrong exit.." and go from there.

knine
03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
What about aardvarks? I don't see a contingency plan for aardvarks...

;) :D :rolleyes: :confused:
Have you seen my profile? I think theres a plan. :rolleyes:

knine
03-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Lighten up dude. It was directed towards the lji372 not you sir.
Lighten up? I have BLUE too, hence the "best idea ever comment". :confused:

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 06:09 PM
:rolleyes: eyes suggested sarcasm................ I was simply stating I was talking to the other guy. No problems, I'm good.

WHAT KIND OF BEER DO YOU GUYS DRINK? COLD I HOPE! See all of you in a few days!

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Only cause I self nominated to stay back in case someone gets lost n/a boy lol

Plus the bonus is drooling over blue :beer:

You and I can run the back of the convoy............ hahaha

knine
03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes: eyes suggested sarcasm................ I was simply stating I was talking to the other guy. No problems, I'm good.

:beer:
Kind of beer? I think it only has to be beer, but I could be wrong.

8UWITH6
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Thats what I'm talking about knine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! We are all good people! :) :) :)

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 06:33 PM

MY KINDA GUY!!!!

:beer:

guspech750
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Liquor Barn FTW!

That is all peeps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Liquor Barn FTW!

That is all peeps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

WOOT!

http://www.nhbr.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer .cls?STREAMOID=OS1Acv0PzloynYG Ik6gBS8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYt2R gpHcwKbCbUh4SgTK_a_WCsjLu883Yg n4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoM evcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOd KL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

~~~LBFTW~~~!!!!

Mebot
03-31-2013, 06:51 PM
WOOT!

http://www.nhbr.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer .cls?STREAMOID=OS1Acv0PzloynYG Ik6gBS8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYt2R gpHcwKbCbUh4SgTK_a_WCsjLu883Yg n4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoM evcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOd KL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

~~~LBFTW~~~!!!!

I don't see any franzia box wine, mad dog 40/40, boones farm, mikes hard lemonade or smirnoff ice :(

sent from space

IwantmyMMnow!
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Panties in a wad - 1
People getting together and having fun - 0

Let's change the scoreboard folks!

90 hours til Looseville!!!!!

:banana2: :burnout::banana2::beer::puke: :beer::banana2::beer::puke::bi gcry:

justbob
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Omg. Can you guys get something for the PMS? Pleeeeeese :D
Fixed.

Laughing over here! All you ladies need to chillllllll. See ya there!

Hi Mike! Sorry I missed your call this morning. I turned the ringer off and the garage stereo UP and focused on getting my beater running again. I even gave it a bath!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/uqedanen.jpg

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

PonyUP
03-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Fixed.

Laughing over here! All you ladies need to chillllllll. See ya there!

Hi Mike! Sorry I missed your call this morning. I turned the ringer off and the garage stereo UP and focused on getting my beater running again. I even gave it a bath!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/uqedanen.jpg

Ahh, now she looks right. Gonna be an awesome weekend. I've changed my pads and Aunt Flo has left, ready to get down

DOOM
03-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Biscuits FTMFw!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

SC Cheesehead
04-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi Mike! Sorry I missed your call this morning. I turned the ringer off and the garage stereo UP because I'm ignoring you....

Fixed!

lji372
04-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Ahh, now she looks right. Gonna be an awesome weekend. I've changed my pads and Aunt Flo has left, ready to get down

That sir is a garage!!:beer:

Curless
04-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Wow, just read the posts...it seems like we are getting married in a few days and the reception is falling apart! LOL! Its all good guys, we will be in Louisville in a few days, after we get there things will go just fine!:banana2::beer:

Haggis
04-01-2013, 06:45 AM
It is just the pre-Looseville jitters, nothing to get exicited about.

Curless
04-01-2013, 06:52 AM
It is just the pre-Looseville jitters, nothing to get exicited about.

Exactly...as if I did not have enough to worry about with my tire situation...now I have caught this damn flu thats going around!!!!!!!:mad2:

Maybe I can drink it away????

Mebot
04-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Exactly...as if I did not have enough to worry about with my tire situation...now I have caught this damn flu thats going around!!!!!!!:mad2:

alcohol kills germs. true story

sent from space

Haggis
04-01-2013, 07:18 AM

The only thing getting you out of L-ville this year better be DEATH!!!

1Marauder
04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I am so bummed and torn... I am picking up my 1st Marauder, Sat AM, in Nashville.

My original plan was to head to Lousiville for Sat afternoon with YOU! But the 6 hour RT has me worried, as I need to be in Little Rock by 6pm Sunday.

Th entire plan was to come meet ya'll.

THOUGHTS? Ideas? Anyone else headed to and from Nashville?

WWEFD??? (What Would Edsel Ford Do?)

CBT
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Wow, just read the posts...it seems like we are getting married in a few days and the reception is falling apart! LOL! Its all good guys, we will be in Louisville in a few days, after we get there things will go just fine!:banana2::beer:

If you think the **** talk is bad now, wait, lol! :beer:
I regret nothing, and I havn't even gotten there yet. :D

Curless
04-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I am so bummed and torn... I am picking up my 1st Marauder, Sat AM, in Nashville.

My original plan was to head to Lousiville for Sat afternoon with YOU! But the 6 hour RT has me worried, as I need to be in Little Rock by 6pm Sunday.

JUST DO IT! You gotta do it, lots of driving but think of the story you'll have to go along with pickin up your car!!!!!!!:beer:

Curless
04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
The only thing getting you out of L-ville this year better be DEATH!!!

Oh I'll be there no matter what!!!!!:beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-01-2013, 10:29 AM

6 hour RT has you worried?

There are a bunch of us driving that far (or farther) one way!

Don't be a girlie-man, come on down... ;)

DOOM
04-01-2013, 10:50 AM
6 hour RT has you worried?

There are a bunch of us driving that far (or farther) one way!

Don't be a girlie-man, come on down... ;)

What ^^^^ he said. :agree:

I just a little over 600 miles ONE WAY for me.

Trust me! It will be worth the drive. :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
What ^^^^ he said. :agree:

I just a little over 600 miles/3 1/2 hours ONE WAY for me.

Trust me! It will be worth the drive. :beer:

Fixed...;)

PonyUP
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Hell, I'm coming up from Atlanta, Nashville is the easiest part of the cruise. It's so worth it to. Turn up the tunes and enjoy the cruise.

Shaijack
04-01-2013, 05:09 PM
720 miles for me.

1Marauder
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
It was the 3+ hours in the WRONG DIRECTION that was the question/issue.

Have to be back at Little Rock airport NLT 4pm Sunday.... so adding the 3+ in the wrong direction on day create the 9+ comming back.

IS anyone going North Fron Nashville? I want to meet ya'll and be there t see the cars.

I'll see if I can get the ROOM--or womb... or tomb at this point...

1Marauder
04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
PS, the reason I was asking if anyone was headed from Nashville was because, since the car is new to me, I don't yet know it to be 100% long trip / cross country drivable.

Be nice if there's another Marauder to race -- LOL

PonyUP
04-01-2013, 05:54 PM
PS, the reason I was asking if anyone was headed from Nashville was because, since the car is new to me, I don't yet know it to be 100% long trip / cross country drivable.

Well at that point I think we will all be in Louisville. But if you have any problems on the way up, post up and we will be on the way

Curless
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
One more address that is needed....

Graeter's Ice Cream, its only 5.5 miles from the hotel!

13817 English Villa Dr, Louisville, KY

lji372
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM

C'mon DO IT!!! You had a dealer scope it out before you bought it right? :D

IwantmyMMnow!
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
It's your decision, but you'll be <200 miles from one of the biggest MM annual meets.

I drove from NM to SC on front tires that were showing cords and warped rotors and made it alive.

Would I do it again? HELL NO...at least not on that long of a journey.

Besides, if you do have an issue, there's 50+ people that'd be willing to help you out...

CBT
04-02-2013, 03:24 AM

That kind of behavior is severly frowned upon. Me and 2 other Marauders frowned for hundreds of miles while doing this once. :D

Haggis
04-02-2013, 04:16 AM
That kind of behavior is severly frowned upon. Me and 2 other Marauders frowned for hundreds of miles while doing this once. :D

Yes, we did. Even stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a photo op.

justbob
04-02-2013, 05:09 AM
So is thing still on?

Haggis
04-02-2013, 05:25 AM
So is thing still on?

What thing?

Curless
04-02-2013, 05:29 AM
It was the 3+ hours in the WRONG DIRECTION that was the question/issue.

Have to be back at Little Rock airport NLT 4pm Sunday.... so adding the 3+ in the wrong direction on day create the 9+ comming back.

IS anyone going North Fron Nashville? I want to meet ya'll and be there t see the cars.

I'll see if I can get the ROOM--or womb... or tomb at this point...

I am sure that one of us will have room for you to lay your weary head!

justbob
04-02-2013, 05:52 AM
What thing?

This come on down to Louisville, rear end each other and cars too, drink till you can understand this Mike guy clearly, heard its really hard? I guess he's the guy we ask where to go and what to do every 35/45 minutes? eat some stuff at Bubb Rubb's BBQ and whistle tip emporium or something to that nature, all of us sharing a big hotel room for $80/night < kinda weird, but okay?? Installing car parts in a parking lot to keep our taxi's running, all the meanwhile listening to some CD that some random member they call horseydude, donkykong, donkydick, ponyexpress ?? hell, some dude that into animal rights i guess made (hope it isn't some kind of weird "I made this for us" entrapment BS) cause I won't go there Sally, no way.. THING.

Curless
04-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Lmao!!!!!!!!

PonyUP
04-02-2013, 06:15 AM
This come on down to Louisville, rear end each other and cars too, drink till you can understand this Mike guy clearly, heard its really hard? I guess he's the guy we ask where to go and what to do every 35/45 minutes? eat some stuff at Bubb Rubb's BBQ and whistle tip emporium or something to that nature, all of us sharing a big hotel room for $80/night < kinda weird, but okay?? Installing car parts in a parking lot to keep our taxi's running, all the meanwhile listening to some CD that some random member they call horseydude, donkykong, donkydick, ponyexpress ?? hell, some dude that into animal rights i guess made (hope it isn't some kind of weird "I made this for us" entrapment BS) cause I won't go there Sally, no way.. THING.

Yup, that about sums it up 😃😃

Haggis
04-02-2013, 06:17 AM

Ohhhhhh, that thing!

CBT
04-02-2013, 08:38 AM

I drink ALOT and I'm still waiting for that moment of clarity....

IwantmyMMnow!
04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I drink ALOT and I'm still waiting for that moment of clarity....

I don't think there's enough alkyhol in the world to help YOU out, brah....

Drewstang
04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
What the hell happened here?

Baaad GN
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
What the helX did Justbob just say? Broken valves and gears or something!

guspech750
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Bump

Sent from my iPhone 4S

L.Mark
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
What'd I miss???

MERCMAN
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I will be bringing the Famous MM.Net banners to Louisville. For those who want to know what they look like, check out the home page. The cost will be $40.00 since we don't have to ship. Hit me up and I will fix you up :up:

MOTOWN
04-02-2013, 02:58 PM
I will be bringing the Famous MM.Net banners to Louisville. For those who want to know what they look like, check out the home page. The cost will be $40.00 since we don't have to ship. Hit me up and I will fix you up :up:

OOOHHHH Gimmie!:eek:

SC Cheesehead
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I will be bringing the Famous MM.Net banners to Louisville. For those who want to know what they look like, check out the home page. The cost will be $40.00 since we don't have to ship. Hit on me and I will fix you up :up:

Fixed! :D

Mebot
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM

put my dad down for 1 please

sent from space

MERCMAN
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
OK thats 2, post up if anyone else wants one.

IwantmyMMnow!
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
OK thats 2, post up if anyone else wants one.

Do you have any in Silver Birch? :D

Put me down for one, por favor....thanks.

8UWITH6
04-03-2013, 07:16 PM

How big are they? (thats what she said) ;)

MM2004
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
How big are they? (thats what she said) ;)

Copy/Pasted from the Home page...

This makes a great gift or addition to your Marauder Collection.
$40 plus $8 shipping - 3' x 5'

Mebot
04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I have mine hanging in my garage. makes a perfect addition to any garage!

sent from space

8UWITH6
04-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Copy/Pasted from the Home page...

This makes a great gift or addition to your Marauder Collection.
$40 plus $8 shipping - 3' x 5'

Sorry, still a NOOB. Yes, sold, Ill take one.

DOOM
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/4E98C9ED-8BB1-44A7-9BBF-B8226FD29E25-724-000001667CB75628_zps3201871c.j pg

:sunshine:

:woohoo::woohoo:

lji372
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Count me for one

And stop posting I'm trying to go to sleep so I can get up early :D

guspech750
04-04-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm up. I'm up. I just have to roll Casey off me now so I can get on the road to Lville.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Mebot
04-04-2013, 04:01 AM
we'll be on the road soon too. we drove halfway to Elkins, WV last night (my sister goes to college here). looks like GPS says 5 hrs so hopefully in LOUISVILLE by 3 or 4 today! :cool:

sent from space

MM03MOK
04-04-2013, 04:22 AM
I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but please be cognisant of other guests at the hotel. Last year we overwhelmed the front of the hotel with cars, drinking and chatter under the canopy in the evenings. We have our own function room to freely use. Your cars will be perfectly fine in a parking space (with a few exceptions) 😉

Thank you and see y'all tonight!
:bunny: