PDA

View Full Version : Another Looseville request...

IwantmyMMnow!
04-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I've been working on getting my aftermarket amp/sub hooked up lately and have run into a temporary roadblock. I need a 4ga to #10 spade terminal to hook up my power wire to my amp. I thought I had one, but can't find it. I've been to 3 stores today and can't find what I'm looking for unless I buy a complete wiring kit. I don't have a problem buying off of ebay (found a set of 4 for $9), but don't need 4 terminals and won't get them before I leave for Louisville.

Just curious if anyone going to Looseville has a 4ga to #10 spade terminal lying around they could bring with them...will buy you a beverage of your choice.

Attached is a pic of what I need....but just one....

TIA.....

Gryphonzus
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I do no know if I have what you need or not but I have a terminal lug kit I can bring. Hopefully it will have what you need. I will go put it in my car now!:eek:

8UWITH6
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Are you trying to hook a 4 awg wire to your factory little 10mm nut on your top post battery terminal?

IwantmyMMnow!
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Are you trying to hook a 4 awg wire to your factory little 10mm nut on your top post battery terminal?

No...on the amp. I hit another snag today :mad:; tomorrow is my 'long day' of classes (9a-8p), so I've given up on trying to get it hooked up and working before I head to Looseville. I will bring everything with me in case there's some down time while there.

I'm installing the sub/amp setup I had in my Jetta and am re-using the power & ground wires as well. I realize that 4 awg is overkill for just one 300W amp and one 12" sub, but I plan to build a box for 2 10's this summer and wire them to 2 ohms, which will up the power on the amp to 500W. Then, I may add another small amp to run the interior speakers (after upgrading them)....so will need 4 awg eventually. This is what I had planned for my Jetta, but never got beyond the sub/amp.

Right now I have a Kicker CVR-12 and an Alpine MRP-M500. Will probably get a pair of Kicker Solobaric L5s this summer; don't know what speakers I'm going to get yet to replace the interiors or what amp if I do want to add a second one. Or I may just scrap this idea and go with something else...who knows, lol.

Baaad GN
04-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Ahhhhh seems your down time was lefting your arm to your mouth with Brad!! LOL