PDA

View Full Version : *** Made it home safe thread ***

DOOM
04-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Post up when you get home.

Safe travels everyone. :wave:

MM2004
04-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Looks like everyone had left the Hotel by 11:30AM?

Been home a while and putting stuffs up while Charlotte is resting on the couch.

This weekend was a good one folks, and wishing safe travels for everyone!

Beer #3, and finally relaxing.

You guys rock!

;)

Mike.

Blk04MM
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Anyone got video of that turbo blue ?? (Z mans car)

Hope everyone does travel safe

L.Mark
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Been home for awhile. Not hung over:D:D:D
Wishing everyone clear horizons and safe travels. Had a blast...:banana:

Embassy
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Of course Kelly and I made it home fine since we live in Louisville.

Congrats to Mike and the organizers for another fun and memorable event.

It was great to see so many new attendees, meeting Maury, and catching up with the veteran attendees.

The Marauders are the background for the event. It's the friends you meet and the memories you make that keep you coming back.

See you all next year.

MOTOWN
04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Made it Home about 1pm, Had a great trip back with CWRIGHT thanks for the ride bud!

Granddaddy Marq
04-07-2013, 01:05 PM
We're home safe. Ran with Maury down to the Ky./Tn. line. "The Ol' Man don't play!"

LOWBUCKMM
04-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I just made it home. Had a great time seeing everyone. Great weekend like every other year. Thanks again mike for putting this event together.

CWright
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Made it Home about 1pm, Had a great trip back with CWRIGHT thanks for the ride bud!

Just walked in the door. It was great a few Atlanta guys were able to go. Enjoyed having a copilot this year.

Mike, I had a great time man! Thanks for being willing to get this together each year! You da man! :beer:

lji372
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Just walked in the door
Had a blast!!
Hopefully I will be attending many more events in the future. You guys are a cool group of funny kind boneheaded people and I am glad to have met you all :beer:
It was awesome putting real names and faces to screen names and avatars then forgetting most of them the next day:shake:

Thanks to all the people who made this happen.
Great job organizing the events!!!

Baaad GN
04-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Brad dropped me off a 3PM, he should be home at 330PM. was nice and easy ride home, Great Time!

Mike
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Trish and I are home safe and sound. Everything's unpacked, 1st load of laundry is in the wash, cooler unpacked and fertilized the lawn :D

MERCMAN
04-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Julie and I arrived home @4:45 after a stop for a meal and an outlet mall.

Great time, thank everyone for making this the most successful KY in 8 yrs! :up:

IwantmyMMnow!
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Rolled in 20 min ago...or I should say sprinted in...my back teeth were floatin'....

Uneventful trip home; traffic was backed up for almost 50 miles on 75 north starting at the KY/TN state line....soooooo glad it was in the other direction....

Averaged 22.8 mpg on the way up and 21.9 on the way back.

Feels like I never left now :bigcry:, except I've got 1600 more miles on the odo than I did 4 days ago.

Had lots o' fun and as always, was too short; guess that's why these things are so great...leaves you in a 'can't wait til the next get-together' frame of mind.

BIIIIIG thanks to Mike for puttin' this shindig together, and a big thanks to all who helped out in one way or another.

Was thrilled to meet Maury and to see Sgt Mac; you guys rock!

I has a sad now....:alone:

Is it September yet?

justbob
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Just us made it home. FINALLY..

I snapped my passenger side cut out in HALF leaving the hotel. I had to flat out remove both.. Yup, six HOURS of open headers. I have a great wife! Even though our brains are bleeding and our bodies are vibrating now.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Rolled into Hammond around 4:30. Traffic was a bit slow in spots along I-65.

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM

I snapped my passenger side cut out in HALF leaving the hotel. I had to flat out remove both.. Yup, six HOURS of open headers. I have a great wife! Even though our brains are bleeding and our bodies are vibrating now.

Dang, JB ain't kidding! He rolled past us on I-65 North and MY teeth were rattling... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWDKZ-kydE

MyBlackBeasts
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Home at 4:30, unpacked & put everything away, sitting down to chill out. Smooth uneventful trip, no traffic, beautiful weather.

I had an absolute blast! Thanks Mike for a great event.

Was nice seeing everyone I met at MVX again and a bunch of new faces also. Unfortunately with my terrible memory, I'll forget a lot of you and will have to be reminded when I see you next time... :shake:

It was great meeting & talking with Maury and talking with Mac again. Their stories of mm.net early days were great to listen to.

I do now have a new favorite game - LCR. OMG what fun was that last night!?!

Hey, if anyone saw & recognised the guy that attacked me and forced all those beers down my throat, please let me know! I want to press charges!!! :eek:

Everyone be safe & I'm looking forward to the next function! :D

MyBlackBeasts
04-07-2013, 04:06 PM

Ouch!

That sucks! Yes, you have a great wife, you owe her big time if she sat in an open header car for 6 hours on the hwy! :eek:

8UWITH6
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Home in one piece. 1250 more miles on the odometer great road trip
The wife had fun too which is good because I can come back out and play again.

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Home in one piece. 1250 more miles on the odometer great road trip
The wife had fun too which is good because I can come back out and play again.

Enjoyed meeting you guys, hope you can make it to MV11.

MM03MOK
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
The Cape Codders have arrived home safely! Uneventful hopes from SDF to PHL to PVD. Mac texted that he got home about three hours ago. I agree, is it September yet? What an amazing time, as always! Thank you, Mike and Charlotte!!

guspech750
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
In! 5:30. Made it home on a tank of fuel. Fuel needle below E.

As always. Each year (4 in a row now) is better and better and my friendships stronger. Going to really miss everyone. But all is not gone. MV11 here we come :burnout:

Thanks to all the new peeps who came out and experienced such greatness. You guys rock! You new peeps made it great too. Had a great time meeting all the new peeps. Hope you continue to support such a great community/family of people.

Thanks a lot Mike and Charlotte. The two of you put on quite a show and I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Mebot
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM
hi.

we are home. so are mom & dad. had a little snag just crossing over from WVA to MD on I68. dad's ABS & Brake light came on & then my check engine light came on. lol wtfhax! guess we didn't pay Maryland taxes.

ok unloading car now & repacking. I'm flying out to Denver tomorrow AM.

I had an absolute blast & will post pictures later

sent from space

Daily 03
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Nellie and I made it home at 2:00. We had a good trip. Mike and Charlotte thanks for the great program that you folks put together. Also seeing many great cars that were at the event.

Dale

kmastl
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Bodyman and I arrived alive.

Thanks for the good time.

PonyUP
04-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Made it home just shy of 7pm after leaving at about 12:30, got 23mpg and had a nice cruise.

Just posted two Marauderville Threads, gonna grab some grub and crash.

Too all the noobs, so great to meet all of you and see you experience this for the first time

Too all the returners, great seeing you again and picking up where we left off.

To the Boosted Mike, what a great weekend and great event. You get the season started so perfect every year and this meet just keeps getting better and better.

Stay tuned for the movie

FastMerc
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Got home around 4.45 a couple tie ups and the return of spring breakers, the educated really need to learn how to drive lol... :D Thanks to the crew that put this all together, great job...

Mebot
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
dirty marauder is in the garage. won't have time to clean her until I get back from Colorado

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/08/4ugata6y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/08/nugesu2y.jpg

sent from space

Gigan
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Made it home about 20 minutes ago. Followed Curless up US 31. No problems except for a minivan that refused to leave Curless alone.

Curless
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Made it home, safe and sound...post pics up tomorrow...

SILVERSURFER03
04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Natalie and I home safe car unloaded ...... Thanks mike you out did yourself once again we had a blast

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Natalie and I home safe car unloaded ...... Thanks mike you out did yourself once again we had a blast

Brian, Charlotte does all the work, Mikey just takes all the credit...

;) ----------> :D

pantheroc
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Made it home. Had a GREAT time as usual! THANKS to Mike, Charlotte and others who set this up. Time to let my bruises from projectile ice, pretzels and pizza crust heal, CHA-CHING. ;)

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Made it home. Had a GREAT time as usual! THANKS to Mike, Charlotte and others who set this up. Time to let my bruises from projectile ice, pretzels and pizza crust heal, CHA-CHING. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbHDtCTYHjE

Baconbit
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I got home around 7pm after a few hour stop off in Cincinnati. Can't wait til next year! Mike you did a phenominal job! Go relax now you deserve it.

1 Bad Merc
04-07-2013, 08:07 PM

You should have called me, I had both cut-out block plates in the trunk. (learned my lesson last year)

I would have gladly let you have them.

I would like to give a shout out to all the people that attended this weekend - Thank you my friends for a wonderful time. There is a reason I dont miss the Louisville meet and you are IT!!!

Mike and Charlotte you guys put on one hell of a shindig! Thanks for all your time and efforts.

cruzer
04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
WOW !!!!!! that doesn't begin to say how I feel. Got home in exactly 15 hours Great trip with great weather. The Marauder took over and at times we were averaging 80 I'll have all the facts and figures tomorrow. All I can say is that you folks made an old man as happy as he's been since his first child was born--I can never thank you enough. Enough for now---gonna hit the sack--hope all get home safe Teen- aged Maury:D:D:D:D:burnout:

Shaijack
04-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Mike and Charlotte for President and V-President. Great job.
I wanted to thanks all my old friends and all the new friends I met. You guys are great.
Made it home (New Orleans) at 10 PM. Lets see, peeling paint on Blues hood, trucked thanked me by throwing a rock at Blue and cracked the wind shield.
I did get to follow a DTR with a beautiful lady driving all the way back. She said the DTR is hers now.
22.03 miles to the gallon, 1687 miles total. I will not miss Atlanta.
Thanks guys and ladies.

Black Terror
04-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Had a great time, was home by 5 PM Sunday.

justbob
04-08-2013, 07:09 AM
You should have called me, I had both cut-out block plates in the trunk. (learned my lesson last year)

I would have gladly let you have them.

Had I known. :( don't tell Mel!!

CBT
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
We made it in safe last night, but I hit a giant sheet of construction fabric on the way back. The road went from 70 to 55 because of work on a bridge. The concrete barriers brought it down to one tight lane on the bridge. The barriers were right up to the paint lines, very narrow. As we approach, I'm in the lead of course with a black Charger behind that was doing a fairly good job of keeping up, and about 10 or 12 car lengths back was about 5 or 6 more cars. Right as I hit the bridge, a breeze caught a giant white sheet of that fabric they hang from the bridge to contain dust and crap while they work on it and it flipped it right over and blocked the whole damn bridge. The options were nail the brakes and get rear ended or blast it and drag it out the other side, taking one for the team. I blasted it. It was like the blue tarps you use to cover stuff, plasticky and woven, but it was white as a sheet. Amy was sleeping when we hit it, she woke up screaming thinking we crashed because all she heard was me yell "****!" followed by a loud bang and tires squealing when they re-caught traction. It jerked the front end to the right but miraculously not enough to pull us into the barriers. The black Charger got raked down the passenger side, he slowed way down and probably pulled over, the other folks on the bridge came to a complete stop, probably banged into each other, I don't know. I shook the wheel back and forth, looked at my temp guage and sailed up the hill, got back up to 85 and didn't see those cars again. Looked at the front end this morning, I may have some scratches on the passenger fender but I think the bra took the brunt of the hit. Then a while later, an empty Pepsi half case box rolled out onto the road like a tumble weed and I centered it. It was a loud hit. I yelled "Seriously?! What is going on here?!" Oh well, stuff happens.

DOOM
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Back at castle DOOM in one piece.

The weather was perfect for a Sunday drive.

james79stang
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Just got in.. had a layover @ Pat And Patricia's

knine
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm still sitting in traffic on I-65 in Indiana ;)

PonyUP
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm still sitting in traffic on I-65 in Indiana ;)

Ain't that the truth, always encounter a major situation on 65

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

rocky
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
We made it in safe last night, but I hit a giant sheet of construction fabric on the way back. The road went from 70 to 55 because of work on a bridge. The concrete barriers brought it down to one tight lane on the bridge. The barriers were right up to the paint lines, very narrow. As we approach, I'm in the lead of course with a black Charger behind that was doing a fairly good job of keeping up, and about 10 or 12 car lengths back was about 5 or 6 more cars. Right as I hit the bridge, a breeze caught a giant white sheet of that fabric they hang from the bridge to contain dust and crap while they work on it and it flipped it right over and blocked the whole damn bridge. The options were nail the brakes and get rear ended or blast it and drag it out the other side, taking one for the team. I blasted it. It was like the blue tarps you use to cover stuff, plasticky and woven, but it was white as a sheet. Amy was sleeping when we hit it, she woke up screaming thinking we crashed because all she heard was me yell "****!" followed by a loud bang and tires squealing when they re-caught traction. It jerked the front end to the right but miraculously not enough to pull us into the barriers. The black Charger got raked down the passenger side, he slowed way down and probably pulled over, the other folks on the bridge came to a complete stop, probably banged into each other, I don't know. I shook the wheel back and forth, looked at my temp guage and sailed up the hill, got back up to 85 and didn't see those cars again. Looked at the front end this morning, I may have some scratches on the passenger fender but I think the bra took the brunt of the hit. Then a while later, an empty Pepsi half case box rolled out onto the road like a tumble weed and I centered it. It was a loud hit. I yelled "Seriously?! What is going on here?!" Oh well, stuff happens.

Lol I bet that charger is STILL cussing you! Nice save tho!

Sent from my iPhone 5

1 Bad Merc
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM

Holy Bejesus!!!! I am glad you were able to save it and you both are alright. I am sure that shook you guys up.

Thank God you had a bra on (first time I have ever said that:))

I am sure a few scratches can be buffed out but a rear bumper would have been tough to replace. Phewwww......

Mebot
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Holy Bejesus!!!! I am glad you were able to save it and you both are alright. I am sure that shook you guys up.

I am sure a few scratches can be buffed out but a rear bumper would have been tough to replace. Phewwww......

Yeah holy crap man, what an ordeal! I thought Dad and i had it bad when his ABS/Brake light came on and then my Check Engine light came on (all within 20 minutes of each other!)

Glad you made it safe and ditto what Brad said WRT bra comment

DOOM
04-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Damn biscuits!

Glad you and Mel got home in one piece!

03mmmonroe
04-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Post up when you get home.

Safe travels everyone. :wave:

I am home safe got in 8:00 Monday after a stop at the dyno shop. I pick up 10 hp and 2 ft. tq from 4k all the way up to 6,200. First dyno injected engineering 2009 292 hp and 306 torque. Then in 2012 Cobra cams installed dot to dot Percision autsports. NOW 2013 Cobra Cams degreed and ported intake 302 hp and 308 torque.

MM2004
04-09-2013, 05:46 AM
I am home safe got in 8:00 Monday after a stop at the dyno shop. I pick up 10 hp and 2 ft. tq from 4k all the way up to 6,200. First dyno injected engineering 2009 292 hp and 306 torque. Then in 2012 Cobra cams installed dot to dot Percision autsports. NOW 2013 Cobra Cams degreed and ported intake 302 hp and 308 torque.

Great numbers Russ!

Thanks for the helping hand on Sunday with my IAC!

You 'Da Man!

;)

Mike.

Haggis
04-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Still on the road, can not seem to leave Kentucky. Maybe someday and I have been hearing banjo music lately.

CBT
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Before class last night, I ran it thru one of those car washes with the soft rubbery foam "bristles", which I never do, and it cleaned up amazingly well. Only scuffs I can see are a couple on the pillar right beside the passenger side mirror. I thought for sure I lost the passenger mirror and wiper when it happened. Front tag stayed on. Still need to clean the driver seat, tho......

guspech750
04-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Holy crap man.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

MM03MOK
04-09-2013, 04:20 PM
If anyone finds a gold link bracelet, please let Mac know. He doesn't know where it was lost and first noticed it Sunday morning before breakfast. It has great sentimental value.

Please call him at 312.401.1396 or email SergntMac@aol.com.

Thanks.

martyo
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
If anyone finds a gold link bracelet, please let Mac know. He doesn't know where it was lost and first noticed it Sunday morning before breakfast. It has great sentimental value. Thanks.

This is thread worthy by itself and would likely get more attention. :o

MM03MOK
04-09-2013, 05:00 PM
This is thread worthy by itself and would likely get more attention. :o

And I will do that.....