PDA

View Full Version : Baddest Machines in Louisville

1 Bad Merc
04-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I am telling you the skill and ingenuity of some of our members and friends with their customizing of Marauders is unbelievable!

First Doom's engine bay never ceases to not get me excited-didnt know the government allows you to have that much chrome in one place and at one time.

Fastmerc's engine bay was awesome and his' "KITT" lights ...well I was waiting for it to talk to me. (might have been the time of night :cool4:)

CDUB's car is just a plain Whipple Monster -dont know how else to describe it. This car is so clean I would not hesitate to eat off the motor.

Mike's new SHINY Eaton purrs like a kitten. He looked like a kid on Christmas Morning with a new red ryder bb gun-careful Mike, someone might lose an eye when you hit it (just kidding -inside looseville joke)

Every car I looked at was almost immaculate -Now I know why some people leave the evening a little early -2 AM -because they must get up at 7 am to clean their cars!!!!!!!!!

They are that nice folks-couldnt believe some of the Southern guys showing us their cars and then mentioning yeah it's just got 200,000 miles on it -and they look as nice as a brand new one! Not sure how they do it;)

The last two Marauders that I would like to mention where just crazy incredible -

The Z-mans Turbo blue monster was just outright insane! This thing looked like a factory install and it was just pushing a mere 472 HP because of the stock valve springs so he could only push 18 lbs of boost right now - :eek:

My father loves the turbo's and he was staring at this car for awhile -It was that frickin' nice.

Anybody who saw Z's car leave on a trailer last year knows how much blood, sweat and tears he put into this car to bring it back to glory.

I am still shaking my head in amazement when I think of what he had to do to bring this car back from the dead. Most people I know would have junked it but he vowed to be back at Louisville this year and he not only made it but he knocked it out of the park :beer:

The second car that blew my mind was Justbob's SIX SPEED installation!! :awe:

Not only did this thing look factory stock (used the same counsel and you would swear that Ford built it) but I personally saw him powershift this car and it took off like a rocket!!!!!

I believe even the Sgt. Mac took it for a gear banging session and came back with a wide eye smile.

No breakage and it was a rock and roll monster. I have read about some people trying to do six speed installations but nothing I ever saw looked as nice as Justbob's.

Plus he not only fabbed and built his' own crossmember (looked like an architect designed it :D ), put his' six speed in, fixed his' broken motor and in his' spare time -God knows when-he installed Mike's Eaton and got it tuned and running!

Between Justbob and the Z-Man -I dont know when these guys ever sleep!!!!

Congrats to both of you for the awesome work you guys do!:beer:

For some reason I could never catch up with them :eek: to take pictures so I hope someone did and will post them up soon.

justbob
04-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Thanks Brad! Your right about every one of those mentioned. Zacks flat out floored me when I saw it on dyno day! That made me want to come home and kick myself for not trying harder on clean install effect.. Simply amazing even UNDER that car!!

I didn't even realize FBM was there? There was a few I didn't get to meet as usual because before you blink it's all over. I need to dedicate more time for this in the future..

Brad, you forgot many other cars including YOURS!

I'm not even gonna begin naming them off, but WOW, what a turn out!! There was some serious love and care that went into each and every one of them.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

fastblackmerc
04-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks Brad! Your right about every one of those mentioned. Zacks flat out floored me when I saw it on dyno day! That made me want to come home and kick myself for not trying harder on clean install effect.. Simply amazing even UNDER that car!!

I didn't even realize FBM was there? There was a few I didn't get to meet as usual because before you blink it's all over. I need to dedicate more time for this in the future..

Brad, you forgot many other cars including YOURS!

I'm not even gonna begin naming them off, but WOW, what a turn out!! There was some serious love and care that went into each and every one of them.

I wasn't there. Neither was my Marauder.

justbob
04-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Well I guess that's good and bad then. Would like to meet ya someday.

marauder21
04-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Justbob and Zack.....dam im so glad i live in IL lmao :thumbup::D:beer:

Granddaddy Marq
04-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Ya! You were there! So was Elvis! Don't you remember?:lol:

1 Bad Merc
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM

First post was Edited with correct owners name -Fastmerc -I was tired when I got home-Sorry :D

BODYMAN
04-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Well said Brad! & yes it was a great time & incredible turn out. I enjoyed driving my new ride but by Sat evening I was starting to miss not driving my MM there cause all the awesome Marauder's & seeing them. Is it almost April 2014 yet Lol.

knine
04-08-2013, 11:14 AM
I am telling you the skill and ingenuity of some of our members and friends with their customizing of Marauders is unbelievable!

First Doom's engine bay never ceases to not get me excited-didnt know the government allows you to have that much chrome in one place and at one time.

Fastmerc's engine bay was awesome and his' "KIT" lights ...well I was waiting for it to talk to me. (might have been the time of night :cool4:)

CDUB's car is just a plain Whipple Monster -dont know how else to describe it. This car is so clean I would not hesitate to eat off the motor.

Mike's new SHINY Eaton purrs like a kitten. He looked like a kid on Christmas Morning with a new red ryder bb gun-careful Mike, someone might lose an eye when you hit it (just kidding -inside looseville joke)

Every car I looked at was almost immaculate -Now I know why some people leave the evening a little early -2 AM -because they must get up at 7 am to clean their cars!!!!!!!!!

They are that nice folks-couldnt believe some of the Southern guys showing us their cars and then mentioning yeah it's just got 200,000 miles on it -and they look as nice as a brand new one! Not sure how they do it;)

The last two Marauders that I would like to mention where just crazy incredible -

The Z-mans Turbo blue monster was just outright insane! This thing looked like a factory install and it was just pushing a mere 472 HP because of the stock valve springs so he could only push 18 lbs of boost right now - :eek:

My father loves the turbo's and he was staring at this car for awhile -It was that frickin' nice.

Anybody who saw Z's car leave on a trailer last year knows how much blood, sweat and tears he put into this car to bring it back to glory.

I am still shaking my head in amazement when I think of what he had to do to bring this car back from the dead. Most people I know would have junked it but he vowed to be back at Louisville this year and he not only made it but he knocked it out of the park :beer:

The second car that blew my mind was Justbob's SIX SPEED installation!! :awe:

Not only did this thing look factory stock (used the same counsel and you would swear that Ford built it) but I personally saw him powershift this car and it took off like a rocket!!!!!

I believe even the Sgt. Mac took it for a gear banging session and came back with a wide eye smile.

No breakage and it was a rock and roll monster. I have read about some people trying to do six speed installations but nothing I ever saw looked as nice as Justbob's.

Plus he not only fabbed and built his' own crossmember (looked like an architect designed it :D ), put his' six speed in, fixed his' broken motor and in his' spare time -God knows when-he installed Mike's Eaton and got it tuned and running!

Between Justbob and the Z-Man -I dont know when these guys ever sleep!!!!

Congrats to both of you for the awesome work you guys do!:beer:

For some reason I could never catch up with them :eek: to take pictures so I hope someone did and will post them up soon.
Couldn't have said it better. :up: I was amazed at the hard work put into these machines. I nearly cried when I saw Zack's BLUE last year. What a transformation.....between Zack, Justbob and the rest of the talent in Northern IL / IN, it makes me want to drop off my MM and see what this collective talent and experience can come up with ;)

fastblackmerc
04-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Same here.....:beer:

fastblackmerc
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
First post was Edited with correct owners name -Fastmerc -I was tired when I got home-Sorry :D

No problem.

I'm better looking!

Baaad GN
04-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Tired? Or effects from spirits!

CBT
04-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Tired? Or effects from spirits!

LOL! Remember last year when the burnouts were taking place across the street and Brad is doing his? I hear a voice beside me say "There's something wrong with that kid." I laugh and turn to my right, and it was YOU, lol. I said "You realize that's your son, don't you?" You just smiled and said "Yep.", and we busted out laughing.

CWright
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments Brad and you hit the nail on the head with the other cars.

Mikey's car turned out great!! Awesome job Bob and all who helped!

Jake's car always gets my blood going! That "SUMBITCH" is freakn BAD!

Bob's new 6 speed is just amazing! Looks like it came that way!

Brad, your car has the POP!!! Loved the burnout :burnout::burnout:

Zacks car turned out great! I was glad to see that thing back up and running....... and with a turbo!

There were many Marauders that deserve to be bragged on! :coolman:

With all that said, It was really good to see everyone and hang out! :beer:

Granddaddy Marq
04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Zack preformed a resurrection on that bent up Blue thing he on a trailer last year. It was a mess. I gave it no hope. Justbob must have quit his job and locked him self in his garage, not 1 but 2 cars to customize. 3 different visions, 3 different works of art. Well done Men!

knine
04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
The restored ZACKMOBILE :bows:

guspech750
04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Lots of awesome machines!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Mebot
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
simply put... the stories behind bob & zacks build trumps everytHing else. absolutely incredible & glad I was able to meet both of them in person & see their badass marauders

sent from space

Motorhead350
04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
So many Marauders, so many stories.

1stMerc
04-09-2013, 06:48 PM
So many Marauders, so many stories.

Yours ain't no slouch either, with that D1 on there.

maineiac
04-09-2013, 07:15 PM
The restored ZACKMOBILE :bows:
Are those rims plasticoated?

lji372
04-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Are those rims plasticoated?

I believe he said he just painted them that color

DOOM
04-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Brad your 1 BAD MERC is among the baddest of the bad! :bows: :bows:

I love that beast!

1 Bad Merc
04-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Brad your 1 BAD MERC is among the baddest of the bad! :bows: :bows:

I love that beast!

Thanks for the compliment -I keep trying to keep up with you guys but man you'all make it hard :beer:

CBT
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Me, Bob, Zack, and about 2 others Marauders were coming back from somewhere one night, we were cruising at about 70 on the interstate, just putzing around. Bob was on my right and had slowly faded back until we were beside each other. So I look over in the dark and I'm thinking yeah, *****! It's GO TI-and blammo, he downed it to 2nd and punched it with open headers. Gone. Just gone, a loud explosion and there was nothing beside us anymore, just tail lights up ahead in the distance. Amy said Good Gawd! A few miles up, Bob ends up on my left side. So I O/D off, stab it, we gone. I say YEAH, PAYBACK! and Amy is laughing and shaking her head NO. She said "not even close", I said "well, a little payback", she shakes her head no and says "not even close to a little". I called her a lesbian. Payback.

MyBlackBeasts
04-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Me, Bob, Zack, and about 2 others Marauders were coming back from somewhere one night, we were cruising at about 70 on the interstate, just putzing around. Bob was on my right and had slowly faded back until we were beside each other. So I look over in the dark and I'm thinking yeah, *****! It's GO TI-and blammo, he downed it to 2nd and punched it with open headers. Gone. Just gone, a loud explosion and there was nothing beside us anymore, just tail lights up ahead in the distance. Amy said Good Gawd! A few miles up, Bob ends up on my left side. So I O/D off, stab it, we gone. I say YEAH, PAYBACK! and Amy is laughing and shaking her head NO. She said "not even close", I said "well, a little payback", she shakes her head no and says "not even close to a little". I called her a lesbian. Payback.

Hahahaha!!!!!!! U 2 Fuuunny!!! :D:lol::banana:

CBT
04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Hahahaha!!!!!!! U 2 Fuuunny!!! :D:lol::banana:

I believe I Textually Assaulted him after he did that. Actually, Amy did the typing on my phone, I was driving. I dictated to her. lol,..."dictate"...

justbob
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM

It was 3rd. :)

Sorry!

MyBlackBeasts commented on the blue flames I was throwin down on the downshift! I would have loved to get a video!!!

MyBlackBeasts
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM
It was 3rd. :)

Sorry!

MyBlackBeasts commented on the blue flames I was throwin down on the downshift! I would have loved to get a video!!!

Believe me, wish I had vid of it! Looked like a military jet taking off! :eek:

Beautiful... :bows:

knine
04-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I called her a lesbian.
NOW I know why she punched you in the jewels during LCR.