PDA

View Full Version : Post Louisville Blues

MM2004
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Had to swing by the Hampton Inn and Suites today to grab a couple boxes that arrived on Monday instead of last Friday or Saturday. (long story)

Anywho,...

I pulled into the parking lot to see not one Marauder.

Under the canopy was empty with wide open parking.

No one standing around, no sounds of laughter, garbage can empty, no cigareete butts on the ground. Nothing.

Total silence.

As I walked thru the 2nd entry door. Again, no one standing around, no sounds of laughter. Could hear a pin drop.

After talking to the GM, then loading the boxes into my Fusion, I cruised the lot to see only remnants of this past weekend...

Burnout marks. Several of them.

Exiting the lot and turning left onto Alliant Avenue, more remnants of this past weekend. Several of them.

As I looked into my rear-view mirror, and as the hotel began to fade...

I smiled.

Mike.

Ladyhawke
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
We are bummed too Mike. :depress: :alone:

We miss our Marauder family.

MM03MOK
04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
as you should..... many of us are all the better after a wonderful GTG!! The hardest part of having so many "family" members around the country is that we all don't live near each other. Thank you for the opportunity to see my Family!

♥♥

guspech750
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I'z sad'z. :(

Mizz ma peep'z. :(

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

lji372
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
:bigcry:like I said:bigcry:I've conceded:bigcry:its over:bigcry:but i:bigcry:
am not:bigcry:over it:bigcry:being over:bigcry:

Till ATLANTA!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks again to all that made it happen:beer:

DOOM
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Hell I'm shocked that the damn building is still standing! :lol:

Shaijack
04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
They had a crew working on the parking lot.

Mebot
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
from what I can remember, I think I had a good time on Friday night

sent from space

IwantmyMMnow!
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
I didn't leave the hotel until after 11 on Sun morning; Dom's and Brad's cars were the only ones out front and Russ was still there. I didn't want to leave; I didn't want to see everyone else leaving. I kept thinking to myself, "man, if only we had one more day".

It was a great feeling for me making it to L-ville this year after being MIA during the second half of last year. I told Mike that on the drive up Thursday, the rain/sleet/snow that Russ and I drove through put a real damper on my enthusiasm. But when we finally broke out of the rain, I started to smile...and it got bigger and bigger the closer we got. I think I peed a little when I saw the Exit 17 sign.

Now that the weather has warmed up and L-ville stoked the fire within, I'm ready to start on projects for my car and to get back in the swing of attending as many g-t-gs as I can.

You guys are the best extended family a fella can ask for!!!

justbob
04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
You wanna meet up again this weekend Mike? Hampton, 7pm, room 407? Bring heavy Booze.. :)

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

CWright
04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Mike you put it very well my friend!

I've been going back through all my pictures, cleaning on my car, and wishing we could all do it again this week!

As good as it is to see all my friends and knowing it's a way off till Marauderville, I miss hanging out with everybody just relaxing and enjoying the time. It was great to see familiar faces along with new ones.

I have a feeling Atlanta won't be the same after the 3rd week in September and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

:beer: to Mike for putting this together once again and for the perfect write up to start this thread!

Bigdogjim
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Well next year make one more day to share the "fun"

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2013, 07:28 PM
M.I.H.A.A.

Until next year....;)

PonyUP
04-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Reality set in for me very quickly Monday and this week has been extremely exhausting. Long days, short nights and an aching back.

But I think back to last weekend and I can only think of next year

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Reality set in for me very quickly Monday and this week has been extremely exhausting. Long days, short nights and an aching back.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore...." - Dorothy Gale

Mebot
04-10-2013, 07:44 PM

your back hurts because you fell down lol

sent from space

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
your back hurts because you fell down lol

sent from space

Wasn't gonna go there...;)

Mebot
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Wasn't gonna go there...;)

it's ok i think we all have blackmail pictures we can post if Brad starts getting fussy

Mebot
04-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Speaking of Louisville Blues:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Mebot/SL373793_zpsa5a0dff1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Mebot/SL373782_zpsa5dd10db.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Mebot/SL373766_zps310bff2b.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Mebot/SL373854_zpseb7e00ff.jpg

BODYMAN
04-10-2013, 09:49 PM
It just like last year goes by way to fast.

PonyUP
04-11-2013, 03:10 AM
it's ok i think we all have blackmail pictures we can post if Brad starts getting fussy

Nothing to see here

Mike
04-11-2013, 05:12 AM
You wanna meet up again this weekend Mike? Hampton, 7pm, room 407? Bring heavy Booze.. :)

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Can I watch :confused: ;)

MM2004
04-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Can I watch :confused: ;)

You can watch and participate.

Room booked.

:D

Mike.

bugsyc
04-11-2013, 05:34 AM
So Mike,Are you gonna show pics of your new engine??I want to see what became of all my parts....

guspech750
04-11-2013, 05:47 AM
So Mike,Are you gonna show pics of your new engine??I want to see what became of all my parts....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86369

Pictures.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

MM2004
04-11-2013, 05:47 AM

I took a few with my phone, and need to downsize before I post. I'll let you know once I do this.

Mike.

CBT
04-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, leaving sucks. While we are there, there is never enough time to look at Marauders, or take enough pics. Or play LCR. The raffle is always too damn short. Never enough time to hit the Waffle House, White Crassles, or the Liquor Barn. Definetley never enough time to drink and....such. Not enought time to drive other Marauders and compare differences. Never enought time for pranks. Or 2:30 AM wake up burn-outs. And I hate hate HATE saying goodbye to friends old and new, BUT I'D GO BACK RIGHT NOW and hate it all over again. :(

guspech750
04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah, leaving sucks. While we are there, there is never enough time to look at Marauders, or take enough pics. Or play LCR. The raffle is always too damn short. Never enough time to hit the Waffle House, White Crassles, or the Liquor Barn. Definetley never enough time to drink and....such. Not enought time to drive other Marauders and compare differences. Never enought time for pranks. Or 2:30 AM wake up burn-outs. And I hate hate HATE saying goodbye to friends old and new, BUT I'D GO BACK RIGHT NOW and hate it all over again. :(

Did someone say something?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

CBT
04-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Did someone say something?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Yes. Goodbye. :bigcry:

guspech750
04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes. Goodbye. :bigcry:

What? I thought I heard something.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Mr. Man
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Nice sentiments Mike. Our involvement in MV9 with all those MM and their peeps having a good time comes to mind when we stay at the hotel outside Harrisburg for Carlisle.

Hope to see you and Charlotte at a Carlisle meet some year and Paula and I would love for you guys to come up to NH as well.:)

Haggis
04-12-2013, 04:23 AM

Where you at? We are at the hotel now, parrtying, LCR, Bourbon, and BSing. Get your skiny white a$$ back here now.