PDA

View Full Version : March 13th Raleigh Meet - Results....

Butch
03-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Stock 2004 MM
---------------
270 HP
291 Torque
:rock: :rock: :rock:

I don't want to rub anything in :D so I will let the rest of the gang that was with me at the dyno explain these #s and how I got them!

More comments to come..... :banana2:

TAF
03-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Butch..you're SUCH a tease....;)

Butch
03-13-2004, 07:24 PM
I told them I wouldn't rub this info in too bad, so I will just let them comment on it.

Fin Harder 92
03-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Butch we all hate you now. You are hereby banned from the next three meets.

How about 271/291 at the tire from a stock '04 with just Jerry's tune!!!

We really do hate you...wanna trade cars...

Take Care

Butch
03-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I can't wait to see what kind of numbers I get after my motor is broke in good. It only had 300 miles on it when I got those #s!

Fin - Did you decide to have yours done????

Fin Harder 92
03-14-2004, 08:23 AM
You know, after you left Russell and I were saying the same thing about the brake in period. You've got to be really pleased. I didn't get mine tuned. I had just dropped the coin on the SCT and was really pleased that Dennis was able to get the program corrected. I'm happy with the car right now but I'm really considering a blower.

It was great to see everyone and good to meet the folks from Haywood Customs. I left @ 9pm and they were as friendly then as the were when we got there. Tom, Dennis ran out of holy water but will hook me up with some prayer beeds...worth 10hp!!!

A successful meet all around with one exception. Russell, where in the hell are you going?

Take Care

Agent M79
03-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Congrats to Butch! That 4.6L DOHC you got was the pick of the litter.

I almost spent my family's grocery money on a re-tune so I could get close!

It was a fun time. Those of us coming out of the Charlotte area got a good tour of the new I-40 and the new Exit 128 looking for Butch. In retrospect I think Butch better get used to waiting since he is going to beat most everyone everywhere.

Haywood's was a cool place. Looks like they just moved in so I can only imagine it is going to get better and better. I look forward to a revisit later in the year.

I've posted some pic's in my gallery so go have a look. The pics I took at Lonestar came out wayyyy to dark.

So Zack... do those grilles come in DTR? Hmmmm?

We've heard enough from Butch [grumble] <GRUMBLEGRUMBLE>but I'd like to hear from frdwrnch and marauderman to see what's up after those tunes. And Jim(?) with the AMS car. How did that tune out? I had to leave when it sounded better but there was a coolant puddle under it.

Next meet, if we have a little more time before the venue is decided, we'll get maps together, agree on some routes, scope and map a few likely places to eat in the area (if a restaurant is not the target location) and make sure we have all that stuff in place. And next time we know we are going to convoy, I bring some radios!

Thanks guys, I had a good time!

Fin Harder 92
03-14-2004, 09:12 AM
I'll let Tom and Russell share their numbers. If I remember correctly Jim's car put down 308/328 or there abouts. I think that car still has some sorting out but I'll tell you what, he really has the bottom end to make some serious power.

You know, I was really impressed with that Kenne-Bell equiped T-Bird.

Take Care

Butch
03-14-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm waiting to hear from Tom! I want to know what his car can do with a good tune!

I left also when the puddle of coolant appeard. What happened after that? His car was running a LOT better right before the coolant appeared, but I couldn't wait around for them to find/fix the problem.

I think as soon as Tom tells us how good his is probably running now, then I won't have any room to talk about my car anymore!

It was great fun guys! Can't wait for next time!

Fin Harder 92
03-14-2004, 09:25 AM
It looked like the cooling mod hadn't fully seated. After the tuning Jim took the car out and returned shortly due to overheating, probably air bubbles. Butch, regardless of what Tom put down with his blown beautly you still have much bragging rights.

Take Care

Marauderman
03-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, Well, Well---What can I say--Gosh! Did we have fun or What!!!!!!!

I'm late replying cause Ms. M and I had to run up to Ashville,NC in # 7 today to scout out some homes for my daughter who is moving there ...anyway---

Well Gotta start off with what has to be the greatest entrance to an
on-ramp into a convoy there ever was--AGENT M 79 joined us 20 min. up the road, I called him at the 3/4 mark from his entrance of his on ramp and -Phoof! As we motor pass , Agent is launching down the ramp and smoothly slides in behind me.....WOW--You had to be there folks----there we were , four MM's , me, Agent , dok, and frdrnch....a Black ,DTR, Sliver and Black----Made quite an impressive eye opener when we took over the fast lane--after all--MM's RULE!!!... :rock:

Next up was more like an unscheduled chinese fire drill when we were led astray cause of a newly open by-pass that Butch forgot to tell us about--see , we were to pick him up from an exit ramp about an hour away--anyway---after several "four car" stops on the shoulder for consultation, we gather in our sences and found Butch on "his" ( side joke only we'll understand) exit ramp .....OK so, the five of us are now in tow to Raleigh ....we made it to Haywoods about 12:30 PM...looked awesome to see so many rauders pull in all at once....

Ok , after such a run ,, you know us MM'ers love to eat, and in whose forumn doesn't--so off we go to lunch --where we again have a problem finding the right route--plus getting separated in traffic--in a town none of know crap about...but not be out done--MM owners prevail --thanks to mordern tech in the form of cell phones --so we were able to relay 411 so everyone who got separated in traffic found they way to the food table---we learned another lessen here for future lunches....huh,,, believe Agent has jumped on fixing that next time......ok

Finnally the tuning begins....and this new '04 steps up to the drums all proud and young---say about 300 miles on her and Boom!! Blew us all away---and whose MM is it--none other than one of our own Carolina Marauder members--BUTCH---who snuck up on us and traded his '03 for and '04 earlier in the week....Congrats BUTCH!!! That is one great set of numbers!!! hey his numbers speek boldly and proudly I must say---Russel ( frdwrnch) said it best --"hey Butch, sometimes they finally make a perfect car--I think you just got it!----Ms M. is even more enthusistic on leaning towards an '04 now--thanks Butch!...

Well, I finally got # 7 up to the drums and after Jerry's fingers stop typing the signal to go is given and the 1st pull spins out 444.59/ 378.50---WOW!- except I was wanting more torque so with these instructions, Jerry moves more fingers and the 2nd spins out a 438.63/392.15.....
Well my old previous was 442/381 so I locked her in to the second pull cause wanted that extra torque..cause as Jerry put it, the diff of 4 HP is unnoticable at that range but the extra 11 in torque in worth much much more!! I couldn't agree more....he put in in more even terms cause he say the #'s may be a litte more after you run her on the road so 445 /and close to 400 torque is about all that can be expected without going inside....so I'm a happy MM owner... ;) :bounce:

We got home about 12:30 AM and was out with # 7 to the mountains at 10 AM and along the way a ( that word again( hon_a) wanted to actually run me over on the interstate--well, I'll say he did have a strong little car for a moment, but after 110MPH he gave up .....and Ms. m said it was such a small car too.....what was he thinking???.

Ok Back to our Meet!! It was such a thrill to look in the mirrow and see us all so "in charge" .....Thanks to all of you for giving me and Ms M such a wonderful time......and it was great seeing Dennis and Jerry once again....I took several pics of Dennis Mach1---some machine--

I'll look over those pic already posted of our meet and try not to dub any --and BTW--LOVE THAT GRILL FIN HARDER 92---I need to contact you web master!!!!

Butch
03-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Those are some awsome #s Marauderman. Hope to be able to take her for another little spin to see/feel the difference! I don't think I will be able to hang on behind you as well now. Those torque #s are really going to get you moving now!

Jerry did a great job. I am very pleased with mine. Very noticable difference in the shifiting now. The 04 convertor was locking up WAY too soon for me, and Jerry took care of that issue, and got me a few extra HP/TQ at the same time.

I am VERY happy with my new 04 MM, especially with it able to put down better #s than an 03 with "Stage 1" done to it!

I had a hard time keeping quiet about me trading my 03 in on an 04. I wanted it to be a surprise to everyone at the meet. And to think, I didn't trade the 03 because of horsepower, but I traded it because I wanted the moonroof! I think the trade worked out MUCH better than I planned on!

The Kenne Bell Thunderbird was kicking butt! I told you guys that a whipple charger puts those other chargers to shame for lowdown, instant power! That is my choice of a supercharger for the MM, if I can ever figure out a way to get it with everything else needed in a kit for our car!

Great fun with everyone, and now, I am even more interested in seeing what else this car will do!

Later!

frdwrnch
03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
As for where was I going, It was back to the drawing board to find some more hp! I laid down 268hp, 295ft. lbs.torque. That's w/reinhart chip, stat and plugs. plus jerry tune that was worth about 6 hp. Butch has a prodigal car and a big leg up upon which to build. I'm very pleased for him!
Next i'll do pulleys and then full exhaust in late Spring or early Summer. My goal is 300 normally aspirated hp. Like I've said before, there's always somebody faster.

TripleTransAm
03-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Wow, nice numbers, Butch! We gotta get that car of yours to a track by the fall, when it's broken in!

So, the engineer in me is dying to know how much of that absolute number is through the improved '04 engine and how much of it is the improved efficiency of the '04 drivetrain.

If 240-ish is what's seen by an average '03 in stock tune with 302 hp at the crank (which I strongly believe, based on 1/4 mile MPH), that's about a 20% loss in the driveline (!). "Jerry Tunes" (a division of Looney Tunes) were raising that rwhp number to about 263-265? So that's an increase of 20-25 right there.

So if Butch's enhanced 271 rwhp number (nice 'historic' numbers, too, for old motor fans) showed an equal increase of 20-25, did he also see a bone stock reading of 245-250? Butch?

Butch
03-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks TTA! I'm planning on getting it to the track in the next month or so.

As for my starting #s, I'm waiting for Jerry to email me my #s from my 3 pulls. The printer was down, so I couldn't get the printout. I just wrote down my best #s.

Any of the others at the dyno remember what the baseline 1st pull #s were for my car? I just remember that frdwrnch was "complaining" that my 1st pull had better #s than some other '03 MMs with "Stage 1" installed. That made me feel REAL good!

Frdwrnch was saying that the '04 had a much more aggressive tune already in it.

I think I may do the pulleys next.

Marauderman
03-15-2004, 12:40 PM
I know this will seem like a wacko question , but I'll fire off anyway-

Anyone know of a Dealer who will let you dyno a car before purchase?

Yeah -I know--that would be a dream wouldn't it...

Cause if so ...well...you know what I and about a hundred others would want to do don't :up: .. :burnout: especially now after seeing Butch's #'s...

And NO, I don't recall your first pull #'s Butch...sorry...

Agent M79
03-15-2004, 12:48 PM
If you could get an unattended test drive...

I know this will seem like a wacko question , but I'll fire off anyway-

Anyone know of a Dealer who will let you dyno a car before purchase?

Yeah -I know--that would be a dream wouldn't it...

Cause if so ...well...you know what I and about a hundred others would want to do don't :up: .. :burnout: especially now after seeing Butch's #'s...

And NO, I don't recall your first pull #'s Butch...sorry...

jspradii
03-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Made it in at 4:00 a.m. after driving straight through from Raleigh. Really enjoyed seeing all you guys and had a great time. For those of you who had to leave when the puddle appeared, Jerry tuned the stroker up to 308 hp / 328 ft/lbs. The engine revved to 7250 RPM at 145+ mph. I was quite nervous, since the motor didn't have but two (2) miles on it. The NOSzle kit is in and they are going to install it tomorrow, along with the oil/transmission fluid cooler. I'll get some pics and put them up when it gets done. Looking for about 485 hp with a 175 hp nitrous shot. The only problem with this car now...with the aluminum pistons, the 3 disc converter and the aggressive cams, it sounds and idles like a race car. Oh well, be careful what you ask for.......

Jim:banana2: :banana2:

Marauderman
03-16-2004, 05:23 AM
JIm-- It was nice meeting you as well- Also glad to put a face with a name---and those LSU engine colors are truly unique!!

Glad you made it back ok--wasn't sure myself with the colored water under your car---Hope we get a chance to meet again sometime...Good luck and take care...........

And I did not want to forget gdmjoe from Raleigh as well--likewise--nice to meet you and put face with name---Hope you too can meet with us again in the future around the State as we travel to different ports.........Tom