PDA

View Full Version : LCM repair??

Mercbaby
04-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Is there a how to on repairing the LCM, Also my blower fan changes speed on it's own any tips would be awesome!

L.Mark
04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
I think the LCM is teh Lighting Control Modual. Your thinking of the EVAC, and yes I think fastblackmerc does that.

L.Mark
04-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Wow, my oldtimers is kicking hard tonight. Had to reread your post. He does both.

RF Overlord
04-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Is there a how to on repairing the LCM,Sticky #3 in the DIY Resource Room.

Agent M79
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I've had Jim do both. Good work fast in both cases. Well worth it.

SC Cheesehead
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
I've had Jim do both. Good work fast in both cases. Well worth it.

^^^^^^ What he said. Quick, easy, and a permanent fix; good stuff.

fastblackmerc
04-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Is there a how to on repairing the LCM, Also my blower fan changes speed on it's own any tips would be awesome!

I can do the LCM repair.

Fan changes speeds on it own can be a number of things:

You have the EATC set to Automatic. Fan speed will change when needed. Completely normal.
The BCM (Blower Control Module) is on it's way out. I can send you a repaired one.
The electronics inside the EATC can be bad. Unfortunately I can't fix that one....

IwantmyMMnow!
04-25-2013, 11:13 AM
FBM is the way to go....when I was still in Charleston, met him in Wilmington to replace my LCM and o-rings in the EATC. Last December my BCM crapped out; he sent me a repaired one and I gave him my busted one. Had his repaired BCM installed by local garage for $20. All in all, I spent ~ $100 to have these things fixed, which would've have cost me more than 10 times that amount at the dealership...and would STILL have defective parts.

Have not had any issues with FBM's fixes...