PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Video

Smokie
03-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Try this to see one video from Bradenton racetrack: Click (http://papi.bakura.org/movies/trilogy.mpg)
If it does not work please let me know. Thanks.

MI2QWK4U
03-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Looks real good Smokie, thanks for sharing it with us.

Smokie
03-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Looks real good Smokie, thanks for sharing it with us.
You are welcome, there is another one
(video) coming, please excuse the poor camera work.

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmmmm, I couldn't get it to work.

Smokie
03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Here is the other video: Click (http://papi.bakura.org/movies/trilogy2.mpg)

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 02:34 PM
For some reason both of those videos begin to play for me, but after the first second they both stop and will not continue. I dunno, maybe it's my media player.

Smokie
03-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm, I couldn't get it to work.
Billy try right click on link, choose save target as and download to your desktop. I hope it works, I tested and it works. Javier.

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, that worked. Thanks Smokie. Nice videos!!! I especially liked the first Marauder in that first video, because during the burnout you can hear that exhaust growling, and that car sounds great!!!! (Which trilogy car was that one?)

Now that compells me to pose a question here:

In that first video, why is it that the first car sounds so much better than the second MM did during their burnouts??? Is it merely because the lack of quality of the internet audio, or is there something different about the exhausts or engines of those two cars??

Smokie
03-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Yep, that worked. Thanks Smokie. Nice videos!!! I especially liked the first Marauder in that first video, because during the burnout you can hear that exhaust growling, and that car sounds great!!!!

Now that compells me to pose a question here:

In that first video, why is it that the firdt car sounds so much better than the second MM did during their burnouts??? Is it merely because the lack of quality of the internet audio, or is there something different about the exhausts or engines of those two cars??Billy I will try to answer to the best of my recollection from conversations with both Lidio and Jerry, do not take this as Gospel.

Lidio told me that there is a section of his exhaust pipe where he had changed the pipe to a larger O.D, not the actual exhaust components, Jerry's is exactly stock.

Lidio is running smaller pulley than Jerry so he has higher boost 13.5 versus 11.5. This may be reason exhaust sound is different. I personally drove Jerry's car and it sounds just like mine except for a mild whistle from blower and I actually prefer the stealth of factory sound combined with charger's kick in the ass take off. Hope that helps.

P.S I just remembered that Lidio has a Cone type air filter, Jerry has factory box, that also changes exhaust note.

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Okay Smokie. So the first car is Lidio's car. I got it. I like the way that thing sounds. It has a powerful sound to it.Very impressive. Thankyou for that info.....

CRUZTAKER
03-14-2004, 05:05 PM
30 mb video!!!

Damn, even with dsl I'll need 7 minutes to download that one! Back in 7...

I'm back. Nice video! Thank you for sharing it Mr.X

Smokie
03-14-2004, 05:56 PM
30 mb video!!!

Damn, even with dsl I'll need 7 minutes to download that one! Back in 7...

I'm back. Nice video! Thank you for sharing it Mr.X
Thanks, the file conversion was pretty crappy, my actual camcorder video is crystal clear, digital sound. My converting job was not very good, don't know why. But at least you get an idea what was happening.;)

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey Smokie, don't sweat it guy.....those were real nice to watch (especially that first one) so I appreciate your efforts as I'm sure others do......

Now all is you have to do to boost your camcorder ability satus, is to find a Ford GT to record and post that here for me and I'll be your pal for LIFE!!!!! :D

TAF
03-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Now all is you have to do to boost your camcorder ability satus, is to find a Ford GT to record and post that here for me and I'll be your pal for LIFE!!!!! :D
How 'bout if I post one of me DRIVING a GT, Billy...;) :rock:

MarauderMike
03-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Great to see the Marauder at the track doing so well. Great job Jerry and Lidio!!! Thanks for the videos Smokie.

MikesMerc
03-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Wow...that's just awesome!

I hope to have my Trilogy on before the end of the month :banana2:

teamrope
03-14-2004, 08:25 PM
After seeing that, I'm taking donations for a new Trillogy set up. :D

BillyGman
03-14-2004, 08:33 PM
How 'bout if I post one of me DRIVING a GT, Billy...;) :rock:

if you do, then it HAD BETTER SHOW ME IN THE PASSENGER SEAT!!!!!!!

gonzo50
03-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Those videos are awesome, I like the first one when Lidio leaves the other guy in the other lane just sitting there, must have been "Scared". :uzi:

Lidio
03-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Smokie

Thanks for posting the video!!! And it was great meeting you and your wife.

Plus it was a pleasure meeting the other several Marauder owners as well at the event in FL. I must apologize... I don’t remember every ones names or screen names.

I just got back from the FL drive and will be posting my experience with my Marauder on this trip later tonight.

Thanks

Paul T. Casey
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Smokie, my wife now hates you. She wants to know why you would post those movies when the mortage is due, just kidding. Man those are some sweet Marauders, and thanks for filming for all of us. Hope to see you at the Ford Fun Weekend in Hotlanta, I'll be there!

Ross
03-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Great Trilogy runs! Thanks for the vids.

BillyGman
03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
For those of you who have been following this thread from it's beginning, I want to make a correction about something I stated earlier in here about the Trilogy car sounding sooooo great. I just realized something after I was pondering the fact that Smokie had stated that both of the Trilogy cars in the video have pretty close to stock exhaust systems........

.....and it just dawned on me that in that first video, during the burnout of Lidios car, it wasn't Lidio's car that you hear reving up. It's that car in the left lane that you hear doing his burnout at the same time. I was wondering why Lidio's car had sounded so wild since he has stock mufflers, and w/out even any headers either.

And it's because it was that other car that is heard during his burnout. He is out of the picture at that particular moment, but his car can still be heard loud and clear.

SergntMac
03-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I just got back from the FL drive and will be posting my experience with my Marauder on this trip later tonight. Thanks
Nice job on the videos, Javier, thanks!

Lidio...I'm pleased you made the round trip safely, that's a lot of road, eh? Congrats on your success too!

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Smokie,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife in Florida! I can't thank you enough for posting the videos of some of our runs. It was great fun and the videos look fantastic!!! Could I please get a copy of the videos? I would be willing to pay you for your trouble.

I sincerely hope you enjoyed the test ride. Both you nd your wife seem to get a kick out of the car.

Thanks again for visiting with Lidio and myself!!!!!

I hope to see you soon.

Jerry

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Logan,

Can we move this thread to the Trilogy and Alternative Auto Forums? Thanks!

Smokie
03-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Smokie,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife in Florida! I can't thank you enough for posting the videos of some of our runs. It was great fun and the videos look fantastic!!! Could I please get a copy of the videos? I would be willing to pay you for your trouble.

I sincerely hope you enjoyed the test ride. Both you nd your wife seem to get a kick out of the car.

Thanks again for visiting with Lidio and myself!!!!!

I hope to see you soon.

Jerry
We both enjoyed meeting you very much.!!!
Check your PM's. Javier.

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Let me tell you Mr. X....I showed everyone at work your videos of Lid and Trilogy's run and they were impressed.

You did good, the vids are awesome.

Jerry Barnes
03-24-2004, 08:38 AM
I love these videos, I can't stop watching them!

Smokie
03-24-2004, 10:33 AM
To all my friends: It was my pleasure to provide the videos, I know that I never get tired of looking at an MM. in action. Javier.

Jerry Barnes
04-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I Love Watching This Video!!!!!! Great Job Smokie!!!!!!!

Merc-O-matic
04-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the video!

Gotta Love It! :pimp:

MarauderMark
04-06-2004, 04:07 PM
I Love Watching This Video!!!!!!

Mee too :rock: