PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Picnic Sign-up and Info

Ladyhawke
04-30-2013, 06:51 PM
When leaving from Bert's on Sunday, I heard many friends saying "see you at Carlisle"! How exciting to be a little over a month out for such a fun big event.

Along with Carlisle's car show, we have many things planned for our meet. Paul is working on trophies for our car show, dash plaques, and t-shirts. He will also have the grills ready for our BBQ lunch on Saturday. Each year, our awesome members have contributed to our picnic under the tent! Any contribution big or small is greatly appreciated! And a couple volunteers to do the grilling too.

Let's get this year started by posting up what you can bring in this thread.

As a reminder, May 10th is the cut-off date to reserve rooms at the Best Western Premier (The Central Hotel). This is the same hotel used for MV9 and just a short drive away. Please see Ms. Denmark's thread for more info.

Don't forget that Carlisle's pre-register ends on May 6! With pre-registration you will get your window sticker in the mail ahead of time and can drive right in the gate when you get there! Admission fees also increase after May 6th. Remember to indicate what class you are in, either stock (200) or modified (201) and club as MercuryMarauder.net.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

______________________________ _____________________

Saturday Picnic List:

* HammerDown - plates, utensils, cups, napkins, paper towels, and a fresh fruit bowl side dish
* Ms. Denmark - hot dogs/Brats and rolls, condiments, cookies, brownies and cooler packed with ice and drinks
* Bluerauder - 2 boxes of bubba burgers (16 patties) + Cheese, 2 packs of Hotdogs (16 or is it 20 dogs??), Buns for the above, Cooler with Ice, 4 - 12 packs of soft drinks, 1 - Case of water
* 05Crownsport - chicken for grilling along with chips and beverages
* IwantmyMMnow! - case of water, Sun-Drop and Cheerwine (sodas) and a large cooler
* vkirkend - case of water
* cat in the hat - cold side dishes like bruschetta or tomato salad w/ fresh mozzarella & basil or something
* Papillon & Blackened300a - grills and propane tanks, chips/party mix, hamburgers
* Ladyhawke & Haggis - macaroni and potato salads
* RocsMerc - spicy coleslaw and ribs.
* maineiac - Maine red hot sausages and Bean Meats Haggis
* J-MAN - Bacon wrapped cheese dogs

HammerDown
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
I will bring to the Saturday picnic all the paper goods we will need; i.e., plates, utensils, cups, napkins, paper towels......

also, a fresh fruit bowl side dish.........

Ladyhawke
04-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I will bring to the Saturday picnic all the paper goods we will need; i.e., plates, utensils, cups, napkins, paper towels......

also, a fresh fruit bowl side dish.........

Great, thanks Connie!!

:beer:

Ms. Denmark
05-01-2013, 02:43 AM
We'll bring some hot dogs/Brats and rolls + condiments. I'll bring cookies and brownies. We'll also have our cooler packed with ice and drinks. I'll be happy to help grill, set up/clean up. etc.

Mr. Man and I can't wait for another great Carlisle weekend with good friends and great cars. See you there.

Mr. Man
05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I will be bringing my appetite and my vast knowledge of all things big and small, plus what Ms. D said. :cool:

Might bring a case of suds as well. :beer:

05crownsport
05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Is there a place to plug in a crock pot at the tent?

Bluerauder
05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Like last year, I will bring .....

2 boxes of bubba burgers (16 patties) + Cheese
2 packs of Hotdogs (16 or is it 20 dogs??)
Buns for the above
Cooler with Ice
4 - 12 packs of soft drinks
1 - Case of water

Mr. Man
05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Is there a place to plug in a crock pot at the tent?
Carlisle doesn't supply power. There maybe an outlet here or there on a pole but I wouldn't count on it.

05crownsport
05-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Carlisle doesn't supply power. There maybe an outlet here or there on a pole but I wouldn't count on it.

OK...thank you!

we'll bring some chicken for grilling along with chips and beverages.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-01-2013, 08:11 AM
If the grills use charcoal, I can bring a bag of charcoal...just let me know.

I will bring a case of water and some Sun-Drop and Cheerwine (sodas) for those that have never had the pleasure of drinking these. I also have a large cooler I can bring in case we need it.

Mr. Man
05-01-2013, 11:47 AM
If the grills use charcoal, I can bring a bag of charcoal...just let me know.

I will bring a case of water and some Sun-Drop and Cheerwine (sodas) for those that have never had the pleasure of drinking these. I also have a large cooler I can bring in case we need it.
We hook the grilles up to Haggis and he supplies the gas. No charcoal. :rolleyes:

Ms. Denmark
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
We hook the grilles up to Haggis and he supplies the gas. No charcoal. :rolleyes: Thanks smart guy...:fishslap::P Seriously, they are all propane grills.

vkirkend
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I'll bring a case of water....

Ladyhawke
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
We hook the grilles up to Haggis and he supplies the gas. No charcoal. :rolleyes:

Nudo leather coming up!!!

~Haggis

cat in the hat
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I can bring some cold side dishes like bruschetta or tomato salad w/ fresh mozzarella & basil or something, how many people do you figure on ?

Ms. Denmark
05-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I can bring some cold side dishes like bruschetta or tomato salad w/ fresh mozzarella & basil or something, how many people do you figure on ?
That sounds so awesome! We're a pretty big group of say 60 minimum so be forwarned. ;) (and don't feel obligated to bring that much)

Papillon
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Paul and I will bring the grills and propane tanks. Also bring chips/party mix.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Over 9,000:dunno:?

cat in the hat
05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Over 9,000:dunno:?

I'd better get started then.

Ladyhawke
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
^^

Thanks Everyone! Our picnic under the tent on Marauder Hill is shaping up nicely! A consolidate list is in the first post.

We will bring macaroni and potato salads.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
^^

We will bring macaroni and potato salads.

You mean Haggis will leave you enough potatoes to make potato salad and not use them all up making liquor?

:D

Ladyhawke
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
You mean Haggis will leave you enough potatoes to make potato salad and not use them all up making liquor?

:D

Potatoes are safe, it's the corn that disappears.

Ladyhawke
05-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Some type of manly sweet & salty treat.

Oh, okay ...

:dunno:

RocsMerc
05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I'll make the spicy coleslaw that I made last year and I'll bring ribs.

Ms. Denmark
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I'll make the spicy coleslaw that I made last year and I'll bring ribs. It was great!

J-MAN
05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Some type of manly sweet & salty treat.

Oh, okay ...

:dunno:

Hint: It's not Tugboat Annie

Mr. Man
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I'll make the spicy coleslaw that I made last year and I'll bring ribs.
There was spicy coleslaw? I didn't see it :alone:

Haggis
05-07-2013, 04:44 AM
There was spicy coleslaw? I didn't see it :alone:

That is because you were busy stuffing your face with that bronto burger, Fred.

Mr. Man
05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
That is because you were busy stuffing your face with that bronto burger, Fred.
:eek: There were Bronto burgers too?...F*** where the heck was I? :depress:

maineiac
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I'll bring some maine red hot sausages,from Bean and sons of course Haggis.

Blackened300a
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
From last years experience, Hamburgers were in high demand, Ill grab a few packages when I do my Friday Walmart shopping spree.

Buns, drinks, even a package of hotdogs is great. Don't go crazy with a car load, we always tend to have plenty for everyone. :beer:

J-MAN
05-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Revised menu item:Bacon wrapped cheese dogs.

Ladyhawke
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Understand that one. Sounds yummy. :D

Added to the list. Thanks!!

Mr. Man
05-13-2013, 07:58 AM
:food:Oooo those will go fast.:drool: Better double your initial purchase order. Everything goes better with bacon and cheese. :2thumbs:

jabird56
05-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Tablecloths, grilling tools and clean up equipment (dishpans/bucket, towels, dish soap, etc. Food: salted peanut bars and vegi salad. Question??? Would there be any electricity available? If anyone knows, let me know - I could do something in the crockpot. Thanks!:)

Mr. Man
05-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Tablecloths, grilling tools and clean up equipment (dishpans/bucket, towels, dish soap, etc. Food: salted peanut bars and vegi salad. Question??? Would there be any electricity available? If anyone knows, let me know - I could do something in the crockpot. Thanks!:)
I don't recall any outlets. We looked for outlets to play a radio to no avail.

Save me a stash of peanut bars.....will be willing to trade for cookies ;)

Haggis
05-21-2013, 05:16 AM

Bring the camper. If we are parked where Charlie suggests, there is non-show car parking right there close by.

Bluerauder
05-23-2013, 08:09 AM
From last years experience, Hamburgers were in high demand, Ill grab a few packages when I do my Friday Walmart shopping spree.

So far, only about 1/4 of the attendees have checked in on the picnic sign-up out of 43 definite YES and 17 Maybes for attendance. This might be a record year for MM.Net attendance at Carlisle "All Ford Nationals".

Please check the list in Post #1 and bring what you can to contribute to the Saturday picnic. That is the biggest attendance day..... lots of hungry mouths to feed. :)

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
So far, only about 1/4 of the attendees have checked in on the picnic sign-up out of 43 definite YES and 17 Maybes for attendance. This might be a record year for MM.Net attendance at Carlisle "All Ford Nationals".

Please check the list in Post #1 and bring what you can to contribute to the Saturday picnic. That is the biggest attendance day..... lots of hungry mouths to feed. :)
From what I understand, this year is a joint UPOA/mm.Net event. I imagine that Paul has posted a similiar thread on his site for all the members with CV/GM to post up what they will be bringing....let's hope so anyway since they are prolly a younger and hungrier crowd.;)

Bluerauder
05-23-2013, 09:00 AM
From what I understand, this year is a joint UPOA/mm.Net event. I imagine that Paul has posted a similiar thread on his site for all the members with CV/GM to post up what they will be bringing....let's hope so anyway since they are prolly a younger and hungrier crowd.;)
Info has been posted as you suggested.

There is only a small handful in that category (and some of those are not fully committed to attendance yet) that are not also dual members here and checked in on our threads. The overwhelming majority (90% plus) will be from MM.Net from what I am seeing. Just trying to remind our folks. :)

Haggis
05-23-2013, 09:03 AM
...let's hope so anyway since they are prolly a younger and hungrier crowd.;)

I bet me and Fred could out eat them.

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Info has been posted as you suggested.

There is only a small handful in that category (and some of those are not fully committed to attendance yet) that are not also dual members here and checked in on our threads. The overwhelming majority (90% plus) will be from MM.Net from what I am seeing. Just trying to remind our folks. :)
Good to know. Thanks, Charlie!

Mebot
05-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Dont worry, I'll bring something i just don't know what yet

sent from space

Bluerauder
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Dont worry, I'll bring something i just don't know what yet

4 dozen crabcakes from Uncle Dan's would be nice. ;) Or just 2 dozen if that's too much. :P

Haggis
05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
4 dozen crabcakes from Uncle Dan's would be nice. ;) Or just 2 dozen if that's too much. :P

Crab cakes = :puke:

Mebot
05-23-2013, 03:40 PM
hmm this might be doable.... I can swing by the week before (Saturday Jun 1). Thing is.. will crab cakes be good in a week? Can I freeze them?

I would love to get a bushel of crabs to bring, but I don't want my car smelling like steamed crabs

Bluerauder
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
hmm this might be doable.... I can swing by the week before (Saturday Jun 1). Thing is.. will crab cakes be good in a week? Can I freeze them?

I would love to get a bushel of crabs to bring, but I don't want my car smelling like steamed crabs

Put 'em in your Dad's car .... or Gordon's. ;)

I was just kidding about the crab cakes and I certainly wouldn't keep 'em for a week. Gotta have a way to heat 'em anyhow and I have never seen 'em grilled cause they won't stay together too well.

Burger patties would be nice per Paul's suggestion.

Shaijack
05-24-2013, 05:21 AM
I wish I could go but it is a real long way. You guys have so much fun. I would have brought COOKIES. Ms. Denmark has never tried my cookies. Mr. Man either.
Have fun.

DWSTANG67
05-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Sounds like a good turnout this year let me know whats needed for the picnic

Ms. Denmark
05-24-2013, 06:27 AM
I wish I could go but it is a real long way. You guys have so much fun. I would have brought COOKIES. Ms. Denmark has never tried my cookies. Mr. Man either.
Have fun.
That's right, Barry. I think you owe us!! :cool:

RocsMerc
06-06-2013, 07:59 AM

I have a 400 watt 12v DC to AC inverter I can bring. Check the power ratings and see if 400 watts is enough to run your crockpot. Also, you will need to bring your own extension cord.

Mebot
06-06-2013, 08:10 AM
We're bringing brats, Guinness and bottle water.

sent from my new Galaxy S4!

Bluerauder
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM

3 boxes of bubba burgers (18 patties) + Cheese
2 packs of Hotdogs (16 dogs)
Buns for the above
2 Coolers with Ice
5 - 12 packs of soft drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mug Rootbeer)
3 - 12 packs of water
1 bottle of Rebel Red wine
1 bottle of Cherese Masquerade wine

List ^^^^^ updated. Coolers are packed, iced down and loaded. Will re-ice in the morning before hitting the road.

Mebot
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Everyone leaving tomorrow (Friday) from the DC/VA area be safe on the roads. They're calling for a lot of rain tonight &

sent from my new Galaxy S4!

WhatsUpDOHC
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
I brought Stromboli last year.

Should I bring some this year?

IwantmyMMnow!
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I've got in the car:

1 case Cheerwine
1 case Sun-drop
1 case water
12pk diet Sun-drop
Cooler

Haggis
06-07-2013, 04:50 AM
List ^^^^^ updated. Coolers are packed, iced down and loaded. Will re-ice in the morning before hitting the road.

3 boxes of bubba burgers (18 patties) + Cheese
2 packs of Hotdogs (16 dogs)
Buns for the above
2 Coolers with Ice
5 - 12 packs of soft drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mug Rootbeer)
3 - 12 packs of water
1 bottle of Rebel Red wine
1 bottle of Cherese Masquerade wine

WOW!!!! Thanks Charlie. Sorry about the Chuck(les). :o

Ladyhawke
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
A bit over due ...

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions, time and effort for the BQQ. We had delicious food, great chefs and wonderful company to enjoy an awesome day of fun in the sun!

Thank you again and look forward to next year!!

Mebot
06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
A bit over due ...

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions, time and effort for the BQQ. We had delicious food, great chefs and wonderful company to enjoy an awesome day of fun in the sun!

Thank you again and look forward to next year!!

The Chipotle burgers were outstanding!

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...

Mr. Man
06-20-2013, 09:17 AM

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...I got them at Wally World. I never saw them before and they most likely are a Summer item. I'll buy more if they still have them and freeze them.

They had a couple flavors. The Chipotle' I recall a Jalapeno/Jack cheese, Buffalo and a plain Angus beef.

Check out your own local Wally World to see if they have them. :)

Papillon
06-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Dammit! I didn't get to try them. There was so much food and my eyes were bigger than ma belly. :o

Mebot
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Man they were good. Mr. Man ill check my local wally world out to see if they have em

Mr. Man
06-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Dammit! I didn't get to try them. There was so much food and my eyes were bigger than ma belly. :o
I almost didn't get one either as I was off yakking with the peeps but Ms.D put one to the side for me. :banana:. :bows: :bows: :banana:

All the food was outstanding this year. Kudos to the chef's and their recipes. :beer:

HammerDown
06-20-2013, 10:47 AM

Me either, the chipotle burgers, darn!!!!!!!:mad:

cat in the hat
06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I almost didn't get one either as I was off yakking with the peeps but Ms.D put one to the side for me. :banana:. :bows: :bows: :banana:

All the food was outstanding this year. Kudos to the chef's and their recipes. :beer:
The ladies working on the grills did a fantastic job ! :up: :bows: