PDA

View Full Version : Back from NC

Dennis Reinhart
03-14-2004, 08:39 PM
I have been very busy the last two weeks working on the 04 Marauder so if any of you called and I sounded worn out I was, I have been working non stop for days. So I could meet Jerry in NC it has the 03 Cobra motor in it with a Vortech JT trim. I went to Raleigh, NC to meet Jerry and have him help us with the tuning on it and a 03 Mach1 I just finished, while there I get a call about someone posting that I just sell parts and don't tune, I am not sure who said this its far from true, Jerry Wroblewski is the best, if I knew half of what he forgot I would be rich. I would much rather watch and learn from him, because he is the best

Now I sell a lot of parts for this car, but I just don't sell parts. I sell proven parts. You the members of this site have over and over had independent testing with a chassis dyno of my parts. There has been some talk about this project I am doing, someone said why go to all this expense when someone else is just installing an SC making decent, ET and good RWHP. I am fully capable of making over 460 RWHP on any stock Marauder motor, Keith's car made 463 on 10 PSI. After hearing other shops losing motors at this HP range I replaced his 3.48 pulley with a 3.63. What most of you don't know, is this motor does not even have 4 Valve rods, that's right it has 2 Valve rods. So if you have 440 RWHP you are pushing over 500 to the crank. No stock GT motor will stay together making this power, any time you supercharge a stock 2 V or 4 V motor, you are taking a chance, that is why I use SCT with a good safe timing curve a good AF, this helps insure the motor will stay together, now I have my opinion and it is that if you are running over 10 PSI on this motor it will break. So I don't, someone said no Vortech blower has made the power of another brand well there wrong, it has, all along, the Vortech S. Trim is making more RWHP with less boost than any one out there as far as I know. Now the Cobra motor I just did made 450 RWHP at 5600 RPM at 6500 it made 510 RWHP 468 foot pounds of torque at 12 PSI, on 93 Octane, the supercharger belt started slipping, I will fix that this week. This car will make very close to 600RWHP, fully capable of pushing the car to LOW 10's. Yep with a Vortech Centrifugal blower. I am not here to argue with any one I present facts, I have never sold a part for this car without testing it, the new fuel filter will be out this week, you look at these pictures and tell me which will flow more fuel.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1077317860-MVC-309S%20copy.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1079320633-MVC-303F.jpg

Again we have tested a checked the data, even N/A cars at WOT can run lean the stock filter with the 90 degree bends is very restrictive. Its an absolute must for the SC cars.

Now I see some one posted again about Keith Schuleys times when I ran it with 17" Cobra R's, well I don't get this his car is making as much power as I feel its safe for, we all want are cars to go as fast as they can safely, I put the tires and rims on there cause I thought they looked neat, and the car made two passes with a full trunk and gas tank and ran 12.3 at 114 MPH, three weeks ago Pauls car first pass ran 12.6 with a full trunk full tank of gas and two adults in the car with, his car can easily go low 12's. WITH 18" wheels and rims. If you want to get technical if you are running wider rims is that going to be questioned. It should if you question the Cobra R's. Enough it all comes back that there are a few who want to compare SC kits, I get tired of this, there both good kits, you decide, I will post dyno sheets and complete pictures of the 04 this week.

Fin Harder 92
03-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Dennis - Good to hear you had a safe trip home and it was nice to finally put a face with a name. I also appreciate you taking care of my SCT and explaining what is was that was causing the tip in detonation. I know you'll hit the number with that Cobra motor MM.

Take Care

Marauderman
03-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Great seeing you and Shelia in NC and glad you made in back safely--especially after your story of your arrival...anyway----

I could not believe my eyes when I saw those #'s--510/468 on that '04 ...WOW---and I was there!!!....

I will await your posting on your fuel filter update with those end adaptors you mentioned from your prototype.

and get some rest this week.....Tom

sailsmen
03-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow 510 hp @12psi! :banana:

I only have one question how are you going to be able to floor it from a dead stop w/out obliterating the tires down to the rims?

SergntMac
03-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Wow 510 hp @12psi! I only have one question how are you going to be able to floor it from a dead stop w/out obliterating the tires down to the rims?
Really...And to think he's not done yet!

MERCMAN
03-15-2004, 10:27 AM
"For every action there is an equal reaction"

Action-600 RWHP-Low 10 sec ET

Reaction- HOLY ****Z

:lol:

Marauder57
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
510 hp in a Marauder.....that is down right sneaky....I pitty the poor ricer that pulls up along side that..... :shake:

Bigdogjim
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Run for Office, I'll vote for ya!

Dennis Reinhart
03-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Here are some pictures of the 04 Marauder we are working on, this car was bought new and we removed the stock engine and transmission, I ordered a 03 Cobra motor and sent it to Jim O'niel, he does excellent modular engine work, he removed the heads and installed better valves and springs Billet oil pump gears, ARP fasteners and FR500 cams, I installed the Marauder intake with a Vortech JT Trim, 50 pound injectors Custom fuel rails and # 8 supply line, with a custom dual Cobra fuel pump assembly thanks to Paul @ Pauls high performance. We rebuilt the transmission to Jerry W's specifications, added my Metal Matrix Drive shaft, and exhaust, we used Bear Front brakes and KVR rear brakes, This car made 510 RWHP on 12PSI when the belt started slipping it has a 17 PSI pulley so I feel the car will make close to 600 to the tires, once we convert the six rib to eight. The car has upgraded rear control arms, from Zack, the car has a PI 3000 tripple disk and 4:30 gears we are going to install wider rims, since the tires are devistaed at WOT now, I will post final #'s after the 8 rib set up.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/STUPS.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/STU04DS.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/STUDSBACK.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/STUENG.jpg

MERCMAN
03-21-2004, 01:49 PM
DAMN dennis! SWEET!! I hope the lucky guy appreciates what he has! Make him come to MV2. We have got to see that bad boy run

sailsmen
03-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Does the Cobra motor come from the factory with the head reverse flow coolant?

89lxbill
03-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Men...I have seen the stock Cobra motors do some nasty stuf. Look at Pete Minisky (SP?) .. AKA Nitrous Pete. He has a 9 sec Cobra on the stock long block. This is the next step in the evolution of the SC Marauders. My boy Bill is sticking with his 440RWHP until the stock short block gives then 03> Cobra is next. These big buck guys are right on time with this stuff. I'm waiting to see the first 10 sec Marauder. A little giggle gas wouldn't hurt also.

Dennis Reinhart
03-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Well this car should run 10's very easily if I can get tires on it that will hook, and no the Cobra does not have reverse flow out of bothe heads. It does now.

gonzo50
03-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Nice piece of work Dennis. :rock: