PDA

View Full Version : Help removing LCM ?

cat in the hat
05-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I got the two (02) small grey plugs off the back, got the two (02) screws out, and finagled the LCM out from the bracket. Now it's hanging free, with the last plug still connected at the white attachment point on the back.

Is there any special way to detach that plug ? The two smaller grey plugs came right out but this one is rock-solid, it won't budge. I don't see any tabs or anything and I don't want to force it.

Thank you in advance :)

fastblackmerc
05-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I got the two (02) small grey plugs off the back, got the two (02) screws out, and finagled the LCM out from the bracket. Now it's hanging free, with the last plug still connected at the white attachment point on the back.

Is there any special way to detach that plug ? The two smaller grey plugs came right out but this one is rock-solid, it won't budge. I don't see any tabs or anything and I don't want to force it.

Thank you in advance :)

All three connectors have tabs.

The white one is on the top side (cooling slots) of the LCM.

cat in the hat
05-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Thank you. I didn't do anything special with the two smaller ones, the plugs just slid right out. I'll look for the tab on the white one later, I've had it with that *&^%$# for now ;)

WhatsUpDOHC
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I remember the last clip being a b*itch.

Agent M79
05-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Heh. Yeah. I drew blood removing mine. But it came out and now its all fixed.

cat in the hat
05-04-2013, 05:18 PM
All three connectors have tabs.

The white one is on the top side (cooling slots) of the LCM.

Got it, whew. I'll send it out this week.

It's been acting up off-and-on for a while and I haven't really trusted it. It never did completely crap out and leave me stuck, but there was always the chance that it would. This will be a relief.

Thanks again :)