PDA

View Full Version : Power door lock Bermuda Triangle

Gixerdevil
05-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Ok 03 MM with keyless, keypad and auto locks. All factory no add-ons. Drivers door will unlock by all means but will not lock. Ruled out switch, accuator and door module. Have continuity to door module and have output voltage to accuator. Checked all fuses and all grounds, all lock input an output voltage. All other locks in car work fine just drivers door will not lock...

Any ideas???
Thanks in advance

fastblackmerc
05-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok 03 MM with keyless, keypad and auto locks. All factory no add-ons. Drivers door will unlock by all means but will not lock. Ruled out switch, accuator and door module. Have continuity to door module and have output voltage to accuator. Checked all fuses and all grounds, all lock input an output voltage. All other locks in car work fine just drivers door will not lock...

Any ideas???
Thanks in advance

How did you rule out the actuator?

Gixerdevil
05-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Traded out the passenger one to double check worked fine on passenger side.

RoyLPita
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Keyless entry module?

EMAS
05-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd say it has to be the module. The relay or transistor inside that is for the drivers door unlock isn't providing a good ground in its resting state. The lock motors work on reverse polarity and there are 3 wires heading to the locks from the module. One is tied to the side that makes the doors lock when power is applied, one is tied to only the driver's side motor that unlocks the door when power is applied and the other goes to the other 3 motors and unlocks them when power is applied.

Did you test the module's output with a volt meter? If so then that is giving you a false reading. A volt meter draws such a low current (>.002 amps) that even the most corroded tiny path will show available voltage.

A quick test is to ID the wire that goes positive to lock the driver's door, then provide a jumper from the other wire to a good ground and see if it locks then. Be careful and do not hit the unlock button while the jumper is attached if the module wasn't bad before it will likely be now and you'll probably pop a fuse.

Another good test is to disconnect the lock and place a incandescent test light across the vehicle side connector and then operate the locks in both directions. I think you'll find that in the lock position the light does not come on or if it does it is considerably dimmer than in the unlock position.

Gixerdevil
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Iam with you the door module has to be the culprit. Did voltage on it shows fine but will try grounding lock side see if that does anything.... One weird thing does the door chime beep when running with door ajar? Cause mine only chimes with key in but ing off, when i start car chime quits.. Thanks

Gixerdevil
05-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Yea did the hard ground to the unlock side while using the lock button. It worked kindof so went ahead and found a door module. Installed last night door lock locks and unlocks perfect....Thanks Guys!!!!