PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports

PAPAJOHN
03-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Going to cancel my subscription!!
The April issue is the 2004 car review--
For the 2004 Mercury , at the end of the notes on the Grand Marquis ( which were not that complimentary to start with)
It said " The Marauder is a pseudo-sporty version that is quicker but feels little different from the regular model"

TripleTransAm
03-15-2004, 08:41 AM
What did they have to say about this year's crop of Fridges? How about dishwashers or washer/dryer combos? I prefer separate front loading units, myself.

So you're telling me they do cars too? Hmm...

MM03MOK
03-15-2004, 08:42 AM
"The Marauder is a pseudo-sporty version that is quicker but feels little different from the regular model"The reviewer must have been nursing a hangover or forgot to take their medication or somethin'!

PAPAJOHN
03-15-2004, 08:43 AM
What did they have to say about this year's crop of Fridges? How about dishwashers or washer/dryer combos? I prefer separate front loading units, myself.

So you're telling me they do cars too? Hmm...
At least they run some clothes through the washer -- looks like they don't have to drive the car to review it.

TripleTransAm
03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
The reviewer must have been nursing a hangover or forgot to take their medication or somethin'!
The road tester (if there even WAS an actual road test) was probably too familiar with the early '03 300As and conducted the entire drive of the '04 with the parking brake on, still expecting the car to be equipped with the automatic brake release that was eventually decontented.

teamrope
03-15-2004, 09:24 AM
The road tester (if there even WAS an actual road test) was probably too familiar with the early '03 300As and conducted the entire drive of the '04 with the parking brake on, still expecting the car to be equipped with the automatic brake release that was eventually decontented.
What he said.

Haggis
03-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Maybe he owned stock in the Japanese and European car companies. Maybe he was a d**n stinking pinko commie FWD lover. Maybe he was just plain STUPID.

ts-pa
03-15-2004, 10:31 AM
When your looking for toasters, C.R. might be a good source.
When it comes to cars, they are extremely bias against anything american, regardless of how good the car has proven themselves.
Just ignore C.R. in the auto sections!

STLThunder
03-15-2004, 02:10 PM
The average "Comsumer Reports" reviewer drives an old boxy Volvo, never ever runs with scissors and certainly knows nothing about high-perfromance cars.

TripleTransAm
03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey... watch what you're saying...

I happen to own a very high performance pair of scissors...

STLThunder
03-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey... watch what you're saying...

I happen to own a very high performance pair of scissors...

:lol: You must have modifed them then!

RoyLPita
03-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Going to cancel my subscription!!
The April issue is the 2004 car review--
For the 2004 Mercury , at the end of the notes on the Grand Marquis ( which were not that complimentary to start with)
It said " The Marauder is a pseudo-sporty version that is quicker but feels little different from the regular model"

:bs: :bs: :bs: