PDA

View Full Version : Still an LCM issue?

Motorhead350
05-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I picked up two junkyard LCMs. Now my headlights do not work. I put the old one back in with working headlights and now the old one will not turn on the headlights.

When i was taking the old LCM out my dumbass caused a spark and i blew a fuse that was a 25. I changed the fuse.

No headlights, no tail lights, no gauge light.

I checked every fuse, I cannot find anything.

Very livid right now.

Suggestions please.

fastblackmerc
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
There are somethings that aren't worth gettkng in a junkyard.

justbob
05-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Fuse 25 is the cigarette lighter. That wire is bundled with grounds, oil and voltage feeds, andddd illumination... (Gauge pod & shifter) Sounds like you may have nicked the ground, or the hot with an illumination wire.

I would pull the gauge pod and trace it back the hole one foot towards the LCM.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Motorhead350
05-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Fixed......

justbob
05-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Well? What was it?

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Motorhead350
05-12-2013, 01:19 AM
The relay Zack put in had to be changed. Both junkyard ones are garbage unless the same relay repair is done. The fix Zack did works, I just had to change the telay he put in about two years ago.

Eric discovered a fuse was about to blow or something last week. Thanks to him too

Car is in perfect working order again! Window regulator is all that needs to be addressed monday. If it has an orange marking I get a clean trade in the yard.

Bam!

Marauderjack
05-12-2013, 06:24 AM
Glad you got it fixed Dom but a word of warning....it always pays to disconnect the negative battery lead when messing with electrical stuff!!:beer:

Motorhead350
05-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Glad you got it fixed Dom but a word of warning....it always pays to disconnect the negative battery lead when messing with electrical stuff!!:beer:

Yup. I know better now... should have been a given.

slickster
05-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Sometimes its hard to get the ground screw in the lcm just right

fastblackmerc
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Sometimes its hard to get the ground screw in the lcm just right

There are no ground screw for the LCM. The two screws there only secure the LCM to the bracket. The LCM grounds are via the three harnesses.