PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop Local to Everett WA Area

BruteForce
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Greets West Coast MMers,

I've seen a couple posts from folks that look to be in my general area. I'm looking for a trusted pro/speed shop to do mod installations for my '03 MM. Up to now, I've had the dealer (Harbor Point LM) doing this, but I'm gettin' a bit weary of the markup. Seems that you get billed the entire shop manual time even though several parts are being swapped that overlap as far as what has to be removed/put back to get at it. That and the chip tune (using MY f'n tuner) was billed at 1.6 hours for what was likely a 15 minute job (10 minutes of that would have been reading the manual).

:bs:

So who do you trust in the Everett area?:help:

01 Interceptor
03-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Personally, I like Jim Green's in Lynnwood. They should be able to handle anything your need for your engine. They've done stuff for us in the past, and the shop is top notch. But, I think they mainly do GM stuff. I have seen a few Mustangs in there from time to time. Your best bet is to contact one of the local Mustang clubs and see who they trust.

For the transmission stuff, I like Dave Splett @ Trans Service...it's his own shop. It's pretty close to Jim Green's. I won't go anywhere else locally I can assure you.

If you can wait until I get home (1st week of April,) I will be more than happy to get you in touch with these guys.

I am sorry that you had to use that dealer...I will not do business with them ever again. One of the salesmen asked if my CVPI was a Marauder. :shake: :down:

01 Interceptor
03-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh and BTW, you should come to the NW meet I have set up. Please join us, if you are able!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8466

teamrope
03-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh and BTW, you should come to the NW meet I have set up. Please join us, if you are able!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8466

Ya what he said. I'm thinking of doing some of the mods you have, and I'd like to see the results.

BruteForce
03-15-2004, 10:48 PM
One of the salesmen asked if my CVPI was a Marauder. :shake: :down:
Its not the sales people I'm worried about. Its the mechanics.;) They seem to be a knowledgable bunch in service and have worked on a couple MMs. Last time I was in, they had one in that had custom headers. Sounded sweeet! Gotsa get me some now.

BruteForce
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Ya what he said. I'm thinking of doing some of the mods you have, and I'd like to see the results.I hope to have everything on my "next up..." list done by the end of this month. If so, then I'll probably be up for a cruze to Its-a-squaw.

Blue03
03-16-2004, 12:16 AM
I hope to have everything on my "next up..." list done by the end of this month. If so, then I'll probably be up for a cruze to Its-a-squaw.

Hope you can make the I-meet. I'd like to check out all you've done. I'd also like to look at the tuner. I too am considering some of the goodies discussed on this site. If you surf this site much you can't help but get the bug!

As far as shops go, ownership and people keep moving around and it gets hard to find a good place that stays good over the years. One guy can go in and have a good experience and the next guy feels he got hosed. It seems though that this MM.net site has some great vendors, tuners and shops back east.

That said, locally I have not had much major stuff done. Mostly routine brake, AC and misc small stuff. I have had decent luck (but haven't tried them with the MM yet) at Midas (Everett Mall Way), Discount Tire (Evergreen Way) and City Radiator & Auto Repair (Everett Mall Way).

The guys at City fixed my AC/Idle problem last week in a 95 GM LS w/Hdlg Pkg (114k mi). Apparently my MAF Sensor was dirty and tricked the ECM to thinking the car was running in a high altitude mode and resulting in an varying idle (and lousy in town mileage) that would show itself when the AC compressor was cycling. HP thought it was the AC Compressor going bad (not cheap and should have figured it out), the Midas guys felt the AC was ok but couldn't figure it out (not their expertise). At any rate the guys at City cleaned the MAF sensor and Throttle Body and charged me 0.75 hrs for a total w/tax out the door $58.01. Best car fix deal I've had in years. And oh yeah, the GM runs good now.

Hope this helps and maybe we'll see you on April 10.

01 Interceptor
03-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, if you're dealing with brake/suspension components or tires...the Les Schwab on Evergreen by Glacier Lanes is my preferred shop. Just ask for Steve and tell him Jonathan with the Interceptor and the Impala SS sent you. :D

Also, I have an exhaust guy up in Marysville. Randy's Custom Exhaust, he does the work all by himself and the prices are reasonable.

I have an audio guy too if you ever need that done. :up:

1 BAD 03 MM
03-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Western Washington Marauders,

I have the dreaded ticking in the driver side head (7-8) cylinder area. So far the lack of service department has not been helpful. The 20 year tech was insulted that I, told HIM, what might fix the problem, so I got blown off. I am now dealing with my salesman who is pretty high up the ranks. He says he'll go to bat for me. I'm giving them one more chance to rectify this, but don't think it's gonna help. My salesman says he thinks I hurt the technician's feelings..........aw........to o f#*@in bad. I should call a waaambulance for him. I paid 35+ for this fine machine. I was told that they don't want to do FREE labor. FREE.......FREE, where did the money go that I spent on the car, right in thier pocket. I have told them all the info that I've found on here about the problem. Oh, that's just for the Cobra......same f*#@in cylinder head you nimrod.
:mad2: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :mad2:

As you can see I'm a little upset with these guys, and would not suggest them for any lack of service. On the other hand my salesman has made all efforts to help me resolve the problem. I would deal with him again, but we'll see how the service plays out.

See you in Issaquah next Friday night? April 2nd.

01 Interceptor
03-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your nonservice department. Seems like the sales guy wants to keep you happy, at least you have that going for you. Good luck with the repairs. The work isn't free, except to you as part of the warranty coverage...we all know they get paid for their time, and I believe Ford reimburses them for warranty work. Just make sure everything is in tip-top shape when you get it back, and if not...make'em fix it again!

BTW the meet is the 10th.

BruteForce
03-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Well, if you're dealing with brake/suspension components or tires...the Les Schwab on Evergreen by Glacier Lanes is my preferred shop. Just ask for Steve and tell him Jonathan with the Interceptor and the Impala SS sent you. :D

Also, I have an exhaust guy up in Marysville. Randy's Custom Exhaust, he does the work all by himself and the prices are reasonable.

I have an audio guy too if you ever need that done. :up:
Does Randy have experience installing Kook's package? I've been going around and around with the dealer about a header package they offer. Finally found out today exactly what it consists of and I don't think its what I want. That and the $2.7K price (parts & install). :mad: I like the Kook's install on Logan's MM and am leaning hard in that direction.

I have a couple some other mods waiting for install which I may just have the dealer do (pullies, MMX shaft, and Z&M control arms). I would be interested in your audio guy too.

teamrope
03-24-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been putting off posting this, 'cauz I wanted to find the shop, but I havn't seen it latly. I can't remember if it was Trillogy, or Vortec, but a couple of months ago I followed the banners, and remember one of the supporting vendors having an authorized install shop in the Seattle area.

I just checked out Trillogy a couple of days ago, and could not find it there, so I'm thinking it must be Vortec. Trouble is, I hav'nt seen one of their banners in a long time.

I hope this helps,

B.J.

BruteForce
03-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Whoop! :bounce: Just ordered the Kooks header system with 18" MagnaFlows. Dealer sez they will install 'em for $495 which isn't too bad I guess. Anyway, I don't know if I can sit still for the couple weeks it'll take for them to arrive.

01 Interceptor
03-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I am not sure, but Randy may be able to beat that price. He can do pretty much anything you want...he deals in "custom exhaust." It would help if you gave him directions on install from Kooks...makes him have to do less thinking about it, and more working! More working = less time to install. Less time to install = more time to enjoy! :up: I'll be returning home by Thursday next week...if you want, I'll introduce you to him and you can ask whatever questions you want!

01 Interceptor
03-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I am home, so whenever you'd like to meet "the crew" I use...just PM me and we can set up a time.

BruteForce
03-31-2004, 02:17 PM
I am home, so whenever you'd like to meet "the crew" I use...just PM me and we can set up a time.
Too late for this round. I went ahead and dropped the wad at Car Toys. Had them swap out the OEM speakers for Infinitys and hard-wire the Valentine One. Held off on doing anything with the subwoofer until I can decide if I want to stay with a 6.5" or do something custom.