PDA

View Full Version : Removing Power Window Switch Trim

cat in the hat
05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Is there any special way to remove the driver's side armrest trim that houses the power window switches ?

(I'd like to avoid breaking off any of the mounting tabs ;) )

RF Overlord
05-14-2013, 05:28 PM
No tools needed, but a small flat prying device is sometimes useful. Start at the front and pry upwards...you'll feel a clip let go. Don't pry at the back...it's held down by a tab that you'll break off. Once the panel is free, it sort of slides toward the front to clear that tab. I wish I could 'splain it better.......

cat in the hat
05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Thank you, that explains it just fine. I remembered that one of the tabs was easy to break, but couldn't remember how to avoid it.

J-MAN
05-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Thank you, that explains it just fine. I remembered that one of the tabs was easy to break, but couldn't remember how to avoid it.

I've heard that some clumsy fools who broke off the tab used some black silicone to hold down the panel. Can't remember who told me though. :rolleyes:

cat in the hat
05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, nobody around here ever did that before either . . . . :lol:

HiHoSilver
05-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I've heard that some clumsy fools who broke off the tab used some black silicone to hold down the panel. Can't remember who told me though. :rolleyes:

thats a good idea, someone took mine off before and it pops out when i shut the door :mad2: silicon it is

Vortech347
05-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Good luck. It broke in my 03MM and I took every precaution I could and pulled the one out in my 04 as soft as I could. *Snap*....

Make sure you do it when its REALLY WARM/HOT outside. The colder it is the more likely plastic stuff breaks. Learned this parting out a few mustangs in the winter.

JimmyXR7
05-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Is it easier to remove the full interior door panel?
Then stuff does not break?
Jim
Any tips on removing the full interior door panel?

RF Overlord
05-15-2013, 04:17 AM
You have to remove the window switch panel to access one of the "hidden" screws to remove the door panel.