PDA

View Full Version : Stereo system question...inline fuse holder

IwantmyMMnow!
05-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Those of you that have a power wire running from your battery to your amp(s)...how did you install your inline fuse holder? Did you attach it to the fender well with screws, use 3M tape, or something else? The way I have my power wire run, the best place to put my inline fuse holder is on the fender well, but am curious if there's another alternative to drilling holes in it and using screws to secure the fuse holder.

TIA....

cj7chris
05-17-2013, 09:08 AM
There is usually a place to tuck it in somewhere near the battery. I've never permantently attached any that I've used and haven't had a problem, even on the Jeep which goes offroad several times a year. Fuse should be as close to the battery as feasible/possible.

lji372
05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
mine runs along the fender.

8UWITH6 should be a great help here

8UWITH6
05-17-2013, 10:26 AM
double sided tape works great. Clean both areas 1st.

8UWITH6
05-17-2013, 10:29 AM
You need a picture for reference? LMK

IwantmyMMnow!
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
double sided tape works great. Clean both areas 1st.

^^Was just curious if this does work^^

You need a picture for reference? LMK

I know where I want everything to go...just wanted to see if I could avoid using screws to fasten the fuse holder.

Thanks for the input...will go get some double-sided tape today.

8UWITH6
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
I usually like to screw then in too but the passenger side fender well on the Marauders is soo pretty and plain. Why put holes in it? :)

lji372
05-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I usually like to screw then in too but the passenger side fender well on the Marauders is soo pretty and plain. Why put holes in it? :)

i knew you'd come through:lovies2:

ctrlraven
05-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Have mine zip tied to the fender well where some other wires run along.

EMAS
05-17-2013, 01:10 PM
^^Was just curious if this does work^^
Thanks for the input...will go get some double-sided tape today.

Not just any double stick tape will do. You want trim tape, the same thing used to hold the trim on the doors of the car. I prefer the 3M brand.

8UWITH6
05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Not just any double stick tape will do. You want trim tape, the same thing used to hold the trim on the doors of the car. I prefer the 3M brand.

Excellent point. I just dont ever think about it because the 3M trim tape is all I ever use for double sided tape.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-17-2013, 08:20 PM

Excellent point. I just dont ever think about it because the 3M trim tape is all I ever use for double sided tape.

Rats...wish I would've seen this before. I bought some 3M double-sided outdoor mounting tape. Will this work or should I take it back and get the trim tape?

1stMerc
05-17-2013, 09:01 PM

Ditto............