PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary ~ 4th Annual New Hampshire Regional Meet, Aug. 1-4, 2013

Mr. Man
05-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Announcing our itinerary for the 4th Annual New Hampshire Regional Meet
to be held August 1-4!!
:beer:

Our host hotel is once again The Hampton Inn Concord/Bow. Our reserved room block closed on 7-18. Contact Ms. D if you missed out and still need a room.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84707

August 1, Thursday afternoon/evening

Arrive at the Hampton Inn Concord/Bow for check-in. Park in our reserved parking area. Pick up your detailed itinerary/daily schedule and contact list at the front desk.

5-6 PM Meet & Greet in the lobby

Dinner on your own or join a group headed to one of the many local restaurants. After dinner you'll find some of us in the lobby catching up over a glass of wine, or out by the cars kicking tires. Feel free to join in!

August 2, Friday

Breakfast at the hotel

9:00 am Meet in hotel parking lot for Convoy to the Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site
139 Saint Gaudens Road
Cornish, NH
http://www.nps.gov/saga/index.htm

10:30 am Meet our guide for a tour of the gardens and grounds of Saint-Gaudens Estate.

12:00 pm Drive across the Cornish-Windsor Bridge, the longest covered bridge in the USA, to Windsor Vermont.

1:30 pm Lunch at The Old Court House Restaurant
30 Main Street
Newport, NH
(603) 863-8360
http://eatatthecourthouse.com/

We'll relax and enjoy a meal in this historic setting
before heading back to Concord and the hotel

* Optional Early Evening ~The Mc Auliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
2 Institute Drive, Concord, NH
(603) 271-7807

Tour the center & see a show in the planetarium

7:30 pm Dinner at The Red Blazer Restaurant
Concord, NH
(603) 224-4101
http://www.theredblazer.com/

August 3, Saturday

Breakfast at the hotel

Convoy from hotel to The New Hampshire Motor Speedway! Time TBA but it will be EARLY! :sleepy:
http://www.nhms.com/

8 am - 5 pm The Classic and Custom Car Show! Class 29 '03 & '04 Mercury Marauders :banana2:

Peer judging from 9 am to noon.

Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. :trophy::trophy::trophy:

Lunch: Available at the track. Bring your cooler packed

with drinks and ice and some snacks.

After the trophies are awarded, we plan to take
the Marauders out for laps on the NASCAR oval/road
course.

6:30 pm Dinner at Makris Lobster-Steak House
Route 106, Concord (a few minutes from the track)
(603) 225- 7665
http://www.eatalobster.com/

Once again we will enjoy a meal together at Makris.
Time to celebrate those who took home a trophy!!

August 4, Sunday

Breakfast at the hotel for those heading out early.

For those with more time, we'll go out to brunch together and then.... hit the outlets or?

*** Please note that the latest info available is that the Car Show will be held only one day (Saturday) this year.

List Of Those Attending

Those planning on attending some or all of the events (will update as needed)

1. Billboard -BLK Marauder

2. Mr. Man/Ms.D -SB and/or BLK

3. Mainiac - SB

4. RacerX - clean & washed BLK (Lost Tracy to Journey)

5. BigDogJim -BLK

6. Ladyhawke/Haggis - BLK Kenny Brown(s)

7. MM03MOK - SB

8. Larry Durham - DTR

9. NavySeabee -DTR (No Wendy:bigcry:)

10.Mr. & Mrs. VTWoodsman - BLK

11.NHMuscle - SB (last Marauder built)

12.DWSTANG67 - BLK

13.Marauder Jim - DBP

14. Guittard22 / GF- BLK (with silver stripes)

15. Burt Ragio - it's BLK

16. SMOKE & Marcela - BLK

17. RFOverlord - BLK

18. Richard Crowson

19. LMarauder03A

Hope You Can Join Us!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

NavySeabee
05-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Outstanding! Looking forward to it. Let's hope for good weather!

maineiac
05-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I didn't see any cookies on the itierary?????:confused:

Ms. Denmark
05-19-2013, 04:47 PM
I didn't see any cookies on the itierary?????:confused:
Don't fret cookies will be attending the 4th annual NH meet!! Aug 1-4 :food::drool::lol:

Larry Durham
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
May I recommend the Common Man on South Main St. for your dinner meet. I have been to both places a number of times and the Common Man, I think is superior. The wine list and the escargot as well as the menu and atmosphere is by far better than Blazer in my opinion. Just a thought. ;)

Ms. Denmark
05-19-2013, 06:10 PM
May I recommend the Common Man on South Main St. for your dinner meet. I have been to both places a number of times and the Common Man, I think is superior. The wine list and the escargot as well as the menu and atmosphere is by far better than Blazer in my opinion. Just a thought. ;)
Thanks, Larry. The Common Man is good (more upscale menu and nice atmosphere) and we've eaten there almost every year, usually on Thursday night. Might even do it again this year on Thursday, or on Sunday for brunch. The biggest problem is lack of parking and long waits even with a reservation. I'd be afraid to try and park large numbers of Marauders on a weekend. We had a good dinner at Red Blazer last year and the parking lot is huge. They put our group in a quiet room at the back and the service was good. I think it worked out well. Thanks for the input. Next year we may try something different.:)

Ladyhawke
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Great, looking forward to it!

Haggis
05-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. :up:

Bigdogjim
05-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Looks good! Short ride for me:) (under 6 hours, 320 miles 1 way)

MM03MOK
05-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Very exciting! Never been to Saint-Gaudens! Last year I went to the Discovery Center after we all departed on Sunday. It's a nice take-in. They have a telescope set up to look at the sun - obviously with filters so you don't go blind!

Mr. Man
05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Very exciting! Never been to Saint-Gaudens! Last year I went to the Discovery Center after we all departed on Sunday. It's a nice take-in. They have a telescope set up to look at the sun - obviously with filters so you don't go blind!
Did you catch one of the planetarium shows?

MM03MOK
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Did you catch one of the planetarium shows?

I did! It's a nice planetarium. Not too big and will fit our group just fine.

Guittard22
05-20-2013, 02:26 PM
What's a good cash budget I should be looking around to be spending for 2 ?

NavySeabee
05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Last time I stepped foot into a planetarium, it was for a Pink Floyd laser show 32 years ago lol

License2Bill
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Last time I stepped foot into a planetarium, it was for a Pink Floyd laser show 32 years ago lol

That's awesome! Were you on 403 near quonset around 1130 Saturday? I think I saw you. I was in a bright red 2011 fx4 towing a white foxbody Mustang heading out to adsi.

On topic of the thread, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this after all. Not having any luck finding work unfortunately

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ms. Denmark
05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Good question! This is a rough estimate for two adults.
The hotel is roughly $100/nite
2 full tanks of gas give or take
Car show registration is about $25 for 2
Lunch at the track maybe $20 for 2 depending on what you get. Bring your cooler!
Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site is $10 for 2
Lunch in Newport pries range from $6-$25 per entree + drinks/dessert?
Dinner at Red Blazer $9-$25 per entree depending on whether you want a sandwich/hamburger or steak + drinks/appetizers/dessert?
Dinner at Makris is about the same.
I think the planetarium is about $12 per person.

You can take a look at the menus to get a better idea. Prolly in the neighborhood of $600 + for 2 if you watch your pennies.;)

NavySeabee
05-20-2013, 04:21 PM
That's awesome! Were you on 403 near quonset around 1130 Saturday? I think I saw you. I was in a bright red 2011 fx4 towing a white foxbody Mustang heading out to adsi.

On topic of the thread, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this after all. Not having any luck finding work unfortunately

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that was me. I remember seeing the Mustang in tow!

Too bad you won't make it. Good luck on your job search. Something's got to come up sooner or later.

Pete

Ms. Denmark
05-20-2013, 06:27 PM

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2 Sorry to hear that! If you can come up for the day on Sat. we'd love to see you at the car show. We'll save you a spot and there's always plenty of food and drink to share. Or if you don't want to register the car you can just walk in and join the group. We'll keep our fingers crossed! (If you want our cell number send a pm.)

bill64
06-01-2013, 12:34 PM
I just returned to work after a three month lay off, I will ask the boss if I can have aug 1, 2 and 5 off, if so I will book a room! hope so, I would love to meet all you peep's!!!

Mr. Man
06-01-2013, 12:53 PM
I just returned to work after a three month lay off, I will ask the boss if I can have aug 1, 2 and 5 off, if so I will book a room! hope so, I would love to meet all you peep's!!!
We will keep our fingers crossed you can make it. If the boss says no we hope you might come Sat for the car show at New Hampshire speedway. :)

bill64
06-01-2013, 02:33 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed you can make it. If the boss says no we hope you might come Sat for the car show at New Hampshire speedway. :)
thanks Mr.man...Ill try to get there even if its only for saturday (still would stay overnight) but Im hopeing for the weekend! its about a three hour drive for me and thats all I can take driving now days due to back and neck problems, getting older sucks!! Ill put in for the time off and let you know if I can attend for the entire meet or just one or two days...thanks ,Bill :beer:

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Bumping! See Post 1 for our itinerary and the updated attendees list. If your name isn't on it....get your plans in order and join us!

Ms. Denmark
06-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Bumping...it's coming up fast!

See post #1 for this year's itinerary and attendees list!

See the hotel thread to book your room at our discounted group rate at The Hampton Inn Concord/Bow.

PM or call me if you have questions or need assist with making your plans/booking the hotel etc.

Hope to see you there!

IwantmyMMnow!
06-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about it...have several hurdles that I need to clear to make it happen.

Thanks for the PM, Paula; the feeling is mutual.

Mebot
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
You're crazy

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

Ms. Denmark
06-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about it...have several hurdles that I need to clear to make it happen.

Thanks for the PM, Paula; the feeling is mutual.
Woo-hoo Kyle! This is like Christmas in July!! Start jumping....:D

maineiac
06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Do it Kyle,the more silvers the better.

DWSTANG67
06-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone I was just looking on the New Hampshire website and found this.

http://www.nhms.com/documents/2013-vintage_racing_celebration-road_course.pdf

If this is correct it is showing the car show on Saturday and Sunday unless one day is a rain day

found the link of the brochure looks official 2 days of fun

http://www.nhms.com/documents/2013_vintage_brochure.pdf

Ms. Denmark
06-17-2013, 04:15 PM
CORRECT!!!:cool:

Hello everyone I was just looking on the New Hampshire website and found this.

http://www.nhms.com/documents/2013-vintage_racing_celebration-road_course.pdf

If this is correct it is showing the car show on Saturday and Sunday unless one day is a rain day

found the link of the brochure looks official 2 days of fun

http://www.nhms.com/documents/2013_vintage_brochure.pdf

Eric saw that too, Dean, so guess a call to Susan Colby up at NHMS is in order to make sure what the plan really is. She told me that it would be Saturday. :dunno: Guess things can change.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Arrghh1!...again with the last post on a page....

IwantmyMMnow!
06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
You're crazy

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

Woo-hoo Kyle! This is like Christmas in July!! Start jumping....:D

Well, this is what I’ve been thinking since during the drive back from Carlisle…

I made it to Looseville, the BOC, and Carlisle so far this year; with MV11 in my backyard this year and SSHS already in my backyard, it will take some bad luck (knock on wood) to miss those. If NH was a week later, it would be a no-brainer; I’d just ask the ex to make that weekend in Aug her weekend with the kids.

Since I’m batting 3 for 3 so far, why not try to go 6 for 6? The opportunity is there this year, and it’s not a guarantee that I’ll be able to make this many meets next year (as I learned during the second half of last year). It would be a nice feather to put in my cap if I can say, “I made it to all of the big meets in 2013”. They’re all definitely worth it to get the chance to hang out with other MM peeps.

In order to make NH happen, I need to find out about the following:

--When the ex wants to take her summer vacation week w/the kids (I’m taking mine 2-8 July); hopefully I'll have an answer soon. She did mention it would most likely be early Aug, but isn't sure.
--The last day of my second summer class is 1 Aug, which means this is final exam day. It’s also a night class, which makes it a little more complicated. There’s also an afternoon class (the one I wanted to get, but it was full when I registered), so it may be possible I can take the final on the afternoon of 31 July; will have to talk to the professor and see what we can work out. This class doesn’t start until 8 July, so it’ll be a few more weeks before I will know.

Another matter that causes me to hesitate…I’m gonna burn over 100 gallons of gas during my trip; if gas prices go up between now and then, it will weigh more heavily on my decision, even if everything else falls into place. I had new rotors/pads put on in March, a coolant flush done in April, a tranny flush & new serpentine belt last month, and will have my rear end inspected/new gear oil on Friday, so the only maintenance I have to worry about prior to making a long trip right now is changing the oil.

After the meet is over, I’d like to head down to the Boston area to visit the solar observatory I used to work at from ‘03-’07, as well as stop at a few other places on my way back home; I’ll be in-between semesters for a couple weeks, so won’t be in a rush to get back to NC.

In the meantime, I can go ahead and reserve a room, then take care of the rest as the pieces fall in place. Got my fingers crossed…

Haggis
06-18-2013, 04:25 AM
[SIZE=3]Well, this is what I’ve been thinking since during the drive back from Carlisle...

In summary.....:woohoo:

Ms. Denmark
06-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Bumping....

There's still time! Everyone is invited.
We'd love it if you joined us this year!

MarauderJim
06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

It looks like Mr. Man & Mrs. Denmark have put together another great itinerary!
I know that it takes time and effort to research something new each year.
Their efforts are appreciated!

I look forward to sharing time with a great group!

Jim.
:)

Guittard22
06-24-2013, 06:00 AM
^^^^^
+ 1 what you said :) it's my 1st marauder meet can't wait

Haggis
07-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Bump, Bumpier, Bumpiest

IwantmyMMnow!
07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
It's all systems go!!!!!

Won't have the kids the first weekend in Aug. Turns out our 'final' for the class I'm in now is a 10-minute presentation; the last 3 days of class (30 July-1 Aug) are just going to be presentations, so as long as I give my presentation on Tues, 30 July, I won't 'have' to be in class the last 2 days...cleared all of this with my professor this evening. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to make it up there since I'll have all day Wednesday to drive instead of only a 6hr block.

When are the CAMers gonna head up there? Would be awesome to join in with some of yas on Thursday.

Woohoo!!!! Look out, New Hampshah, I'm comin' back!

:burnout: :beer: :banana2: :eek:

Edit: Gonna fill out my registration form, write a check, and drop it in the mail tomorrow....

Ms. Denmark
07-12-2013, 02:23 AM
It's all systems go!!!!!

Woohoo!!!! Look out, New Hampshah, I'm comin' back!

:burnout: :beer: :banana2: :eek:

Edit: Gonna fill out my registration form, write a check, and drop it in the mail tomorrow....
That's great news, Kyle! Check in with Chris & Gordon about the drive up. We are glad this all worked out for you to come! :beer:

Ms. Denmark
07-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Bumping...:cool:

PRCARGUY
07-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Due to circumstances(I'm moving). I will be unable to attend. Ugh! :bigcry:

Ms. Denmark
07-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Due to circumstances(I'm moving). I will be unable to attend. Ugh! :bigcry:

Ohhhh nooooo! :bigcry: We're gonna MISS YOU! But hope all goes smooth with the move. Give the boys a hug from me and we hope to see you around the neighborhood once you get settled.

Dang! Down one SB!

SMOKE
07-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Great itinerary, and the the whole deals looks even better than my last trip up 2 yrs ago!

Got my carfixer alignment done last week so I feel much better about the ride up so all
that's left is vacuum, doll up the leather...and Poorboy's polish from nose to tail!

Marcela & I will target lunch w/ everyone on Friday 8/2 but if we get hung up we'll see
you back in Concord!

Best,
Jonathan

Mr. Man
07-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys take a look at the updates in the itinerary ( post number 1.) Today we got confirmation from NHMS that the Car Show will be peer judged this year with 3 trophies awarded in each class. We will be parked on the grass in the Hospitality Area as before so bring those canopies and coolers. Ms. D asked me to remind folks that it's not too late for some of the rest of you out there to join the rest of us. So we'll see everyone soon. If you don't have it and want it, pm us for our cell number and don't be shy calling for any questions, directions etc.

Ms. Denmark
07-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Bumping....:cool: Still time to join us.

IwantmyMMnow!
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
again with the last post on a page...:(

IwantmyMMnow!
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Easy come, easy go....:(

As easy as it was to get things to fall into place for me to make the trek to NH, it was just as easy for things to fall out of place to keep me from going.

The date for my divorce to finally be done and done via appearing in court is July 31st. There were other factors that came into play as well, and they all involve me needing to be somewhere Wed, Thurs, and Fri next week.

I will be canxing my hotel reservation tomorrow afternoon if anyone is looking for a room.

Wish I could've pulled it off...:alone:

Is it September yet?

Ms. Denmark
07-24-2013, 02:22 AM
We'll miss you, Kyle! Maybe next time...:) Best of luck with everything.

Haggis
07-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Sorry to hear Kyle, Dean and I will have a drink for you, but NO swapping puke. :puke:

Bigdogjim
07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
:bump: 10 days!

NavySeabee
07-31-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't see Jake on the attendees list yet?? :confused:

NavySeabee
07-31-2013, 03:13 PM

About a thousand bucks. That's not including the gas, strip bar and outlets (if you're going to the outlets). :banana:

Bigdogjim
08-01-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't see Jake on the attendees list yet?? :confused:

Not coming this year.