PDA

View Full Version : Left Low Beam out 2003 Grand Marq

HITEKBALANCER
06-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I have left low beam out. It's not the LCM as I switched it out and the same problem was there. The LCM Only controls power out to the headlights (I believe) not the individual low or high beam. I know there are individual fuses for each low beam. Neither is blown and I tried replacing them also. Does anyone have a diagram that goes from the lights back? what else controls the low high beam? The switch is turning them on but the left wont.

Any help would be appreciated.

fastblackmerc
06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
I have left low beam out. It's not the LCM as I switched it out and the same problem was there. The LCM Only controls power out to the headlights (I believe) not the individual low or high beam. I know there are individual fuses for each low beam. Neither is blown and I tried replacing them also. Does anyone have a diagram that goes from the lights back? what else controls the low high beam? The switch is turning them on but the left wont.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check the wire in the headlight connector. See if there is power to the Dark Blue with White wire. That is the feed for the low beam. Have you checked the bulb? Maybe just a bad bulb.

Start with the easy stuff first.

HITEKBALANCER
06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
There is no power to the plug at the bulb (low beam). I compared it to right plug. There is a second plug that the headlight assembly plugs into in front of the radiator under the black apron cover, under the hood. I compared the left and the right and there is no power to the low beam wire. The fuses have been checked and replaced. Can anyone confirm the LCM has nothing to do with the individual low beam?

fastblackmerc
06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
There is no power to the plug at the bulb (low beam). I compared it to right plug. There is a second plug that the headlight assembly plugs into in front of the radiator under the black apron cover, under the hood. I compared the left and the right and there is no power to the low beam wire. The fuses have been checked and replaced. Can anyone confirm the LCM has nothing to do with the individual low beam?

The LCM has nothing to do with an individual low beam or high beam. They either all work or they don't work.

You need to start tracing the wire(s) back from the headlight to see where you stop getting power.

You may have a bad multifunction switch.

fastblackmerc
06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
See if there is power at the 10A fuse in position 24.

See if there is power at the Light Green / Black striped wire coming out of the multifunction switch.

HITEKBALANCER
06-08-2013, 10:31 AM
See if there is power at the 10A fuse in position 24.

See if there is power at the Light Green / Black striped wire coming out of the multifunction switch.

There is power at both sides of the fuse. That is odd. Looking to confirm that.

fastblackmerc
06-08-2013, 11:12 AM
There is power at both sides of the fuse. That is odd. Looking to confirm that.

Headlights on or off?

HITEKBALANCER
06-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Headlights on or off?
With the fuse out lights on I should have power on one side of the fuse and nothing on the other. The right low beam fuse is that way. The left has power to ground on both sides. just replaced the multifunction switch and have the same problem. I even pulled the fuse box and inspected the back nothing weird there.

HITEKBALANCER
06-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Bypassed blue white wire to low beam headlight. Have another problem I will post new topic.

fastblackmerc
06-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Bypassed blue white wire to low beam headlight. Have another problem I will post new topic.

Just an FYI....

You should never ever bypass anything. You will just cause more problems. Possibly even a fire.

HITEKBALANCER
06-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Just an FYI....

You should never ever bypass anything. You will just cause more problems. Possibly even a fire.

I came right off the fuse panel from where the original blue/white wire was. It is the same wire to the front. I somewhat agree but I cant get left low to work otherwise If I can find the root of the problem I will switch it back. I don't know if the left low out is related to the turn signal issue. car never been hit. Can see where there is any harness damage.