PDA

View Full Version : New Record Turn-Out at Carlisle "All Fords"

Bluerauder
06-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Think we set a new record for attendance at the 2013 Carlisle "All Ford" Nationals this year .....

55 cars on the Hill .... it was impressive and the view of Marauder Mountain from the Grand Stand was impressive.

43 Marauders (21 Black, 12 Silver, 5 DTR, and 5 Blue)
.... plus 7 Crown Vics, 1 Grand Marquis, 3 Mustangs and 1 Qvale Mangusta.

Everyone had a great time yesterday and the Cookout/BBQ was an overwhelming success. Weather held out very good for Saturday.

Nearly filled DaVinci's Italian Restaurant for the Saturday dinner with 50 attendees.

This a been another terrific weekend at Carlisle with friends and family.

Will be headed over to the Showfield later this morning to check out some of the things we missed on Friday and Saturday and also check out the Carlisle awards to see who the big winners were this year.

Will post up pics when I get home.

Hope everyone had a great time this year.

Thanks to Paul and Voula as the master organizers of this event which has grown to be one of the premier MM annual events over the past 6-7 years.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2013Carlisle0018.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22612/title/2013-carlisle-all-ford-nationals/cat/500)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2013Carlisle0019.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22612/title/2013-carlisle-all-ford-nationals/cat/500)

Guittard22
06-09-2013, 05:22 AM
Can't wait to see photos :) sounds amazing

Mebot
06-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the final headcount Charlie. We were wondering what the total number of Marauders was yesterday.

sent from my new Galaxy S4!

Mebot
06-09-2013, 06:22 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/09/eha5edy2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/09/yde4apev.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/09/3eva5a6u.jpg

FastMerc
06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
I am planning for next year, no graduations lol. :)

whitey
06-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Go figure, i was going to ride up just to look but figured a lot of cars wouldn't have been there due to the crappy weather.

71cyclone
06-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Go figure, i was going to ride up just to look but figured a lot of cars wouldn't have been there due to the crappy weather.

I guess Jake Doom figured the same thing ??:beer:

71cyclone
06-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the final headcount Charlie. We were wondering what the total number of Marauders was yesterday.

I had to take a picture of the Father Son Team:banana2: Great Cars

jsignorelli
06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Joanne and I had a great time..well, not during the Friday night swim to Carlisle from north jersey) but a great time after we got to the field on Saturday. The weather gods were with us. For those of you who asked for the Sangria recipe, here it is:
Sangria recipes – Jim Signorelli

Red Sangria – 1 gallon

3.0 liters Reunite “Lambrusco” Sparkling Red Wine
6 oz. Peach Schnapps (1 cup)
6 oz. Orange juice (1 cup)
½ cup sugar (extra fine bar sugar)
4 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate (1/2 can)
1 sliced orange
2 sliced apples
½ sliced lemon

Mixing directions:
*** In a 1 gallon Iced Tea container:
Add the lemonade concentrate, sugar, orange juice, PeachSchnapps and sliced fruit.
Let fruit soak for ½ hour.
Add the wine and stir
Add ice and stir. Store packed in an ice chest, min. 3 hours.

White Sangria – 1 gallon

3.0 liters of Reunite “Bianco” White Wine
6 oz. Peach Schnapps (1 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
4 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can of sliced peaches, drained
Red seedless grapes
White seedless grapes
Fresh Strawberries

Mixing Directions:

*** In a 1 gallon Iced Tea container:
Add the lemonade, sugar, Peach Liquor, and fruit
Let fruit soak for ½ hours
Add Wine and stir
Add ice and stir. Store packed in an ice chest, min. 3 hours

BLUE SANGRIA – 1 Gallon

3.0 liters of Reunite Bianco
6 oz. Blue Curacao Liquor (1 cup)
6 oz. orange juice (1 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
4 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can of sliced Pears
1 cup Blueberries

Mixing Directions:

*** In a 1 gallon Iced Tea Container:
Add sugar, lemonade concentrate, Liquor, orange juice and fruit.
Let fruit soak for ½ hour
Add wine and stir
Add ice and stir. Store packed in ice for at least 3 hours.

Iced Tea dispensers are easily found in Shop Rite in the seasonal aisle. (glass not plastic!!!)
These jars have a large mouth with a spigot on the bottom.

They sell for $ 4.99 during the season and ½ price in the fall.

Mebot
06-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Congrats Mark & Sherm representing the supercharger Marauder category
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/10/ygu6ynej.jpg

Mr. Man
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Just got back 1/2 hour or so. Ms. D and I were the last one's to leave the Mtn on Sunday.

Not much happened on Friday with the steady drizzle so we didn't stay real long, couple hours maybe.

Saturday started out cloudy but as the day went on Mr. Sun:sunshine: came out and I was able to get a good base on my tan. :cool4:

BBQ was great and I want to thank the ladies auxiliary for cooking up a storm. Everything was very tasty. :bows::bows:

I myself didn't venture off the Mtn as my back was acting up :geezer: but the view from the top was very impressive as Charlie said.

Met and had a great time with old friends and new ones as well. :beer:

Missed a few familiar faces though and you know who you are. :shake:

Looking forward to next year already. :)

Ms. Denmark
06-09-2013, 03:44 PM

MarauderJim
06-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I had a great time seeing so many club members. We have a great group of supportive and helpful members. The BBQ was fanastic and the turn out was impressive. I took a few pics too...

Ms. Denmark
06-09-2013, 04:36 PM

cat in the hat
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Thank you to everyone for making this such a great event. This was the first time we have ever been to anything like this, and we could not have had a better time. Everyone was great.
The only disappointment was that the weekend seemed so short - there are a lot people that I wish we had been able to spend more time with. I hope to be able to correct that at future events.

Papillon
06-09-2013, 05:07 PM
What a great weekend! So nice to see everyone again, meet new members and enjoy everyone's company!

Carlisle 2013 was a great success and I can't help but boast about Paul/Blackened300a who puts the event together for our club year after year. We have the 2nd biggest tent on the showfield and, as I said, NO other club puts a Carlisle meet together like we do! People thought that we were an Official Carlisle tent serving food and selling stuff! (We even had to turn a few people away that were asking for food and drinks :eek:)

All in all, another great Carlisle event under our belt and another one to look forward to next year!

:beer:

HammerDown
06-09-2013, 06:31 PM
What a great weekend! So nice to see everyone again, meet new members and enjoy everyone's company!

Carlisle 2013 was a great success and I can't help but boast about Paul/Blackened300a who puts the event together for our club year after year. We have the 2nd biggest tent on the showfield and, as I said, NO other club puts a Carlisle meet together like we do! People thought that we were an Official Carlisle tent serving food and selling stuff! (We even had to turn a few people away that were asking for food and drinks :eek:)

All in all, another great Carlisle event under our belt and another one to look forward to next year!

:beer:

and we all boast about you, too, Voula!!!! You and Paul make this meet what it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes us already looking forward to 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluerauder
06-09-2013, 06:40 PM
and we all boast about you, too, Voula!!!! You and Paul make this meet what it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes us already looking forward to 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ^^^^^ is absolutely true !!! Thanks for all that you and Paul do to make this a major event for the MM.Net. Your efforts have made this event grow over the past 6 years.

Bigdogjim
06-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Met and had a great time with old friends and new ones qas well. :beer:

Missed a few familiar faces though and you know who you are. :shake:

Looking forward to next year already. :)

Yeah I am bummed out because I had to bail:mad2:Two hotel reserved and one showfield pass not used. I see you guys at Fudds, watch for a thread.

ctrlraven
06-10-2013, 06:14 AM
What a great turn out!

I hope I can attend next year's get together!

fordfrk
06-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Had a great time . :2thumbs:
Just like to see one time it not rain at a ford carlisle event. :sunshine:

Bluerauder
06-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Had a great time . :2thumbs:
Just like to see one time it not rain at a ford carlisle event. :sunshine:

That just weeds out the hard core Ford Enthusiasts from the Sunshine boys !!! We had a great turnout despite the nasty weather on Friday.

In fact, the rain let me and George see some parts of the exhibition that I have never made it to in the past. We did the "Raptor Ride-Along" in the mud and slop. Drove a bunch of Fords and Lincolns over at the Expo Center. Found out that my youngest son has more experience blowing into a "Breathalizer" than I do. Visited the exhibits in T, Y and G buildings. Wandered the entire Car Corral area. George took 479 pics and I got 174. Chuck just ogled all the cars. :D

Comin' in Hot
06-10-2013, 09:26 AM
I had a great time with my Dad. He was amazed at how friendly and tight knit our group is and how welcoming we are to newcomers. Thank you to Paul and Voula, and everyone else that made the weekend great. I can't wait until next year!!!

Shermanator
06-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey, it was a great show at Carlisle. The weather was so bad that I got sunburned. The moutain was, I think, the center of attraction, lots of spectators looking at the cars. Imagine what it would be like if we are down on the flats. I don't think that we could handle the mobs nor do i think the mobs could handle all of our beautiful cars. Take cars of the cars and I'll see you in Atlanta, be there

lji372
06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
i have already TOLD my wife i am going next year (with her permission):D

glad to hear it was a good time:beer:

jflave
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
I was only there Saturday but had a great time it was nice. Paul - Voula - Ms D. & all the ladies did a great job at the tent it takes a lot of work & planing, made me break my diet :). THANKS AGAIN

Blackened300a
06-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Thank you to all who turned out for the event, its the big turnouts that keep me motivated to put forth the effort in putting this together.

Special thanks to everyone who donated food for our BBQ. We may have to add a 3rd grill next year with the amount of food we turned out!

Also special thanks to our master chef's..
Denise, Kelly, Tricia, Connie, Chris, Paula, and of course my Babe Voula.
Thanks so much for stepping up and handling the cooking, Its a huge task standing in front of the grill for that long amount of time to feed the large group of people. Thanks Denise for remembering all the small details like the table cloths and the utensils, that saved us a trip back to the store! Also thanks Kelly for the wrapping idea to keep the food hot. That trick worked great!

Big thanks to Mario Sr (Merc50) of UPOA who donated the pails of automotive items as well as Ron Muko (Showroom) for donating the jumper cables and to Breeze who donated the $50 gift card for our raffle, that was greatly appreciated!

Once again a big thanks to all the members who attend and make this event bigger and bigger. Also thank you for making the UPOA members who shared this event feel welcome. They are very happy to be a part of it and are also very dedicated as fellow panther enthusiasts.

Also thank you to Mercurymarauder.net for providing us a place to spread the word about Carlisle and invite others to share the experience.

Looking forward to 2014!

Mebot
06-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Dad and I also had an absolute blast this weekend as well. After putting in 11.5 hours at work on Friday my intention was to go home and pack. Instead, I went home and crashed. I woke up Saturday morning at 5 AM, packed and me, dad and Brad33 caravan up to Carlisle.

I didn't get to sleep until 3:45 AM Sunday morning due to shenanigans. Kyle, so sorry you weren't able to make it out to Waffle House. We'll have to go another time man.

Jeez, what can I say, met and caught up with some familiar faces, and got to meet some new folks. Tony (AKA Ruffcutt) was there from Laurel, MD and it was great to chat with him about his black Marauder w/ LF interior! Love his car!

Good to finally meet some members and put names with faces. Derek (Comin' in Hot), thanks for the beers on Saturday night. I enjoyed the Lionheart Ale. Good talking with you too about your DBP!

Thanks to Paul/Blackened300a for setting this up. I'm interested if we will receive a Carlisle trophy for number of registrants this year. I noticed in the Carlisle guide the Lincoln Enthusiasts came in 4th place and they only had 29 registrants. I think we had double that number.

Blackened300a
06-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm interested if we will receive a Carlisle trophy for number of registrants this year. I noticed in the Carlisle guide the Lincoln Enthusiasts came in 4th place and they only had 29 registrants. I think we had double that number.

If they came in fourth then they have more members then they are letting on.

Here's from the website...

2013 Club Challenge Results
1. Focus Rising- 111

2. Team Shelby North East Region- 109

3. Mustang Club of America- 96

We have our work cut out for us!

Mebot
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I am at work and don't have my Carlisle Magazine but I remember it was on page 2 or page 3 where I saw the Lincoln Enthusiasts being mentioned for the Club Challenge.

Bluerauder
06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I am at work and don't have my Carlisle Magazine but I remember it was on page 2 or page 3 where I saw the Lincoln Enthusiasts being mentioned for the Club Challenge.

That was last year's coolest club hangout .... not 4th place in registrations. Not sure how they judge the "coolest club" but it seems to have a lot to do with decorating the tent and tables. Last year the Lincoln Crew had black and white fancy table cloths and a fancy dinner party like theme. One year the Yellow Mustang registry got it with a Tiki-Bar theme complete with palm trees, grass skirts on the tables, and yellow flamingoes next to each car. We know that we are absolutely the coolest hangout and so does everyone else. That's why they come up and try to sneek in .... they ALL wanna be as COOL as the Marauders and Panthers on the Mountain. "We don't need no stinkin' decorations" !!!

Here's the write-up in the directory.

Coolest Club Hangout
Lincolns of Distinction
29 Registrations
www.LincolnsOfDistinction.org

Vehicles: The entire Lincoln family of vehicles

The Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Inc. is one of the world’s largest family of Lincoln owners and enthusiasts. For nearly 100 years, Lincoln has been hailed as one of the best all around luxury car companies in the world. The club provides a forum for people around the world to gather and discuss the entire Lincoln family of vehicles. From the stylish Mark series of the ‘60s to the new age MKZ platform, all have a home with Lincolns of Distinction.

Mebot
06-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the correction Charlie. I knew they were mentioned for something but I guess registration was not it.

Heck, We should have gotten that award

Ms. Denmark
06-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Bluerauder
06-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm joining Lincolns of Distinction and trading Marauder Mountain for some really cool fun with the Aviator next year.:cool:

Yeah, like that ^^^^^ has got a chance of happening. ;) Eric will be down there as member #30 before you. :P

FastMerc
06-10-2013, 06:57 PM
If they came in fourth then they have more members then they are letting on.

Here's from the website...

2013 Club Challenge Results
1. Focus Rising- 111

2. Team Shelby North East Region- 109

3. Mustang Club of America- 96

We have our work cut out for us!
There are enough cars, just have to get them there!

jabird56
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
At Carlisle, some of you asked the other half for her Peanut Chew recipe, so here it is. Enjoy!

L.Mark
07-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Better late than never...
Not attending this event will be a big disappointment of 2013. I followed the threads leading up to it all the while thinking this would be too far to travel right now. Then too late did I realize it was a VERY short distance. I liked how everyone signed up to bring something and pitched in to help out. So what I'm asking is come next year, please someone throw a rock at me and remind me how close it is. It is on my to do list next year, I'll even man the grill...:D

Haggis
07-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Not attending this event will be a big disappointment of 2013. I followed the threads leading up to it all the while thinking this would be too far to travel right now. Then too late did I realize it was a VERY short distance. I liked how everyone signed up to bring something and pitched in to help out. So what I'm asking is come next year, please someone throw a rock at me and remind me how close it is. It is on my to do list next year, I'll even man the grill...:D

I will remind you at L-ville.

Bluerauder
07-10-2013, 04:15 AM
Not attending this event will be a big disappointment of 2013...... So what I'm asking is come next year, please someone throw a rock at me and remind me how close it is. It is on my to do list next year...:D

Best to put it on your calendar NOW and start making plans and working on a hotel room before the end of January. They fill up fast. 2014 Carlisle "All Ford" Nationals, 6-8 June 2014. :up: I think Ms. Denmark is already talking to the MV9 hotel folks in Harrisburg for similar arrangements like the past 2 years.

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2013, 04:49 AM
^^^^Yes, Charlie, I have made arrangements again for a block of rooms at the Central Hotel in Harrisburg, for anybody attending Carlisle 2014 who would like one. As soon as the block is set up for reservations I can post a thread for anyone who wants a jump on getting their room reserved. (Just a reminder that this year the hotel was 100% sold out well before the event.)

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Update: I just spoke with the Central Hotel. Our block is open for business and 2 rooms are already spoken for. I'll move this info to the events section as soon as possible.

Haggis
03-27-2014, 09:15 AM

About as far as us driving to L-ville.

Mebot
03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
I am planning on making it to Carlisle this year

Bluerauder
05-08-2014, 06:11 AM

Here's your rock call. It ain't that far ...... ;)