PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2014

Bluerauder
06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Dates are 6-8 June 2014. Start making your plans now.

Got my hotel room booked already. :D Same place. Same station.

lji372
06-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Wow!!! You aren't playing around.
You, don't miss this one
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Bluerauder
06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Wow!!! You aren't playing around.
You, don't miss this one
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

I cruised Woodward in August 2005 during Marauderville III (MV3) and still display the bumper sticker in my rear window. There were 85 Marauders that year in the Burger King parking lot across from Dugan's Irish Pub. Turnout in the past couple of years has fallen off considerably and I think they have a hard time getting 10-12 MMs to show even from the locals.

I'd love to make the trip again if a large contingent is committed. However, MV11 in Atlanta is in September. I can't swing 2 big trips so close together considering that WDC is always in August. I can do one but not two.

lji372
06-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Luckily Woodward is in my back yard and I'm booked for Atlanta :D
Hopefully the marauder crew here in mi will pick it up!!
Regardless Woodward is definitely about more than the marauder.

Bigdogjim
06-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Dates are 6-8 June 2014. Start making your plans now.

Got my hotel room booked already. :D Same place. Same station.
Dump the high price, over priced Hampton Inn and go to Harrisburg:)

Haggis
06-13-2013, 06:52 AM

Where the real fun is. :beer:

Mebot
06-13-2013, 07:15 AM

This is correct! Ask us how we know lol

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

IwantmyMMnow!
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
:rofl:

This is correct! Ask us how we know lol

Harrisburg.....

Where Fettuccini tastes just as good coming up as it does going down, doesn't permanently stain clothes, and beckons youngsters to taste the remnants....

:puke: :drink: :rofl:

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Glad you had a good time! :cool:

I can go ahead and reserve a block of rooms at The Central Hotel in Harrisburg again for Carlisle 2014. The dates will be June 5, 6 and 7. (Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.) This year Eric & I checked in on Thursday afternoon and I thought it was a lot more relaxing than coming in on Friday early AM. and made for a very nice long weekend. Plus we got to try out one of Derek's (Comin' in Hot) favorite eateries for lunch Thursday. Also had a relaxing dinner with Vtwoodsman, Marianne and son, James and MarauderJim Thursday night at a nearby Texas Road House. Then Friday morning after breakfast, it was a nice drive over to the show-field in Carlisle. No fuss, no muss. I'd say if you can, try to check in to your hotel on Thursday.

Haggis
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Harrisburg.....

Where Fettuccini tastes just as good coming up as it does going down, doesn't permanently stain clothes, and beckons youngsters to taste the remnants....

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

What happens in Harrisburg, stays in Harrisburg.

Bluerauder
06-13-2013, 08:07 AM

I am all about convenience Jim and proximity to the showfield. The Hampton has worked out well for me for the past 4 years. And, the room/suite also worked out well for me and the two sons this year. Sorry, I'll pass on Harrisburg and see ya'll on the Mountain.

lji372
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM

Harrisburg.....

how can i not be in on this

Mebot
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Carlisle is starting to give Louisville a run for its money that's for sure!

IwantmyMMnow!
06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
how can i not be in on this

It was definitely a "you had to be there" moment....

Carlisle is starting to give Louisville a run for its money that's for sure!

I dunno about that....Looseville has the bar set pretty high!

Haggis
06-13-2013, 10:33 AM
It was definitely a "you had to be there" moment....

I dunno about that....Looseville has the bar set pretty high!

I agree, with all the characters that go to L-ville, it is kind fo hard to beat. Even with sharing puke.

Marauder_Santa
01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Made my hotel reservation today (June 5th - 7th) and paid the $44 for the showfield. They are offering a 20% discount on registration until Jan 3rd.

I look forward to seeing everyone later this year.

Ms. Denmark
01-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Made my hotel reservation today (June 5th - 7th) and paid the $44 for the showfield. They are offering a 20% discount on registration until Jan 3rd.

I look forward to seeing everyone later this year.
Are you booked at The Central Hotel Harrisburg (from our reserved block of rooms)? If so I'll add you to the official Central Hotel list. In any case, glad you're coming to Carlisle and we'll see you there!

Marauder_Santa
01-02-2014, 02:41 PM
I will be using my Marriott points and staying at the Residence Inn next to the Hampton Inn close to the show field.

See you in a few months.

Are you booked at The Central Hotel Harrisburg (from our reserved block of rooms)? If so I'll add you to the official Central Hotel list. In any case, glad you're coming to Carlisle and we'll see you there!

Ms. Denmark
01-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I will be using my Marriott points and staying at the Residence Inn next to the Hampton Inn close to the show field.

See you in a few months. Roger that...see you then!

HammerDown
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Fordfrk & I registered for Carlisle showfield--yeah!!!!

Booked at the Holiday Inn Express near showfield......

FreddieH
01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I am registered for the showfield (2 cars) and the Best Western in HBG.

N40GL
02-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Is anyone going to the Ford parade on Saturday? It adds a few bucks to the showfield registration.

From the Carlisle site:

Downtown Ford Parade

Carlisle Events and the Downtown Carlisle Association are proud to announce the FIRST EVER Ford Parade and Street Party, Saturday, June 4th at 6:45 p.m.

Automotive enthusiasts, specifically those interested in the FOMOCO brands, will see a wide array of cars showcased during the Carlisle Ford Nationals as part of the Parade and Street Party, held in downtown Carlisle.

The parade field is limited to only 400 Ford, Lincoln and/or Mercury vehicles. In addition, pre-registration is required. Registration is $10 per vehicle (through April 30th) or $15 per vehicle (beginning May 1st).

Bluerauder
02-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Is anyone going to the Ford parade on Saturday? It adds a few bucks to the showfield registration.[/I]

NO for me. :P

They have had the Ford parade for the past 2 years. I am not aware of anyone in our group who has participated except for maybe Loco1234 and his Qvale Mangusta. I guess they have added the "Street Party" this year whatever that is. Not sure why there is a fee associated with this event since the cost should be nothing. Personally, I think it is a ploy to advertise for the local businesses downtown and maybe get you to stop in there after the parade for something to eat or drink. Most hotels are located in the opposite direction.

Those of us who have gone to Carlisle for the past several years already participate in the "All Ford/Lincoln/Mercury" parade down Route 11 back to the hotels and again in the morning headed to the showfield. BTW -- the timing of the parade impacts on the MM dinner plans for the group on Saturday night and also delays the travel back to Harrisburg for the folks staying there.

Mr. Man
02-19-2014, 03:00 PM
NO for me. :P

They have had the Ford parade for the past 2 years. I am not aware of anyone in our group who has participated except for maybe Loco1234 and his Qvale Mangusta. I guess they have added the "Street Party" this year whatever that is. Not sure why there is a fee associated with this event since the cost should be nothing. Personally, I think it is a ploy to advertise for the local businesses downtown and maybe get you to stop in there after the parade for something to eat or drink. Most hotels are located in the opposite direction.

Those of us who have gone to Carlisle for the past several years already participate in the "All Ford/Lincoln/Mercury" parade down Route 11 back to the hotels and again in the morning headed to the showfield. BTW -- the timing of the parade impacts on the MM dinner plans for the group on Saturday night and also delays the travel back to Harrisburg for the folks staying there.We go the back way to Harrisburg. The only slow down is usually just getting out of the showfield. :)

Bigdogjim
02-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Personally I rather travel a few miles and save almost $100. a night. More party money:)

STOGIE BEAR
03-15-2014, 07:04 AM
To Mr.Man or Ms Denmark: I've registered my room at Harrisberg but I'm
unfamiliar with how to register for the grounds, could you assist with
the info. Been a long time since New Hampshire, can't wait to see you
guys. Dick (STOGIE BEAR) crowstone@vermontel.net

Ms. Denmark
03-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Hi Richard! We'll be happy to get you all the info on registering for Carlisle. We can't wait to see you, too! We'll be in touch.

Bluerauder
03-15-2014, 02:26 PM
To Mr.Man or Ms Denmark: I've registered my room at Harrisberg but I'm
unfamiliar with how to register for the grounds, could you assist with
the info. Been a long time since New Hampshire, can't wait to see you
guys. Dick (STOGIE BEAR) crowstone@vermontel.net

Go to the Carlisle Events site for the All Ford Nationals here >>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

1. Select "Show Your Vehicle" to get onto the Show Field.

2. Price now for "Gate & Go" is $55.00 ($49.50 with the 10% discount that ends on 5 May). "Gate-and-Go" allows you to get your sticker in the mail before the event. Put it on your windshield (upper drivers corner top) and drive right into the fairgrounds. Showfield registration covers your car and two people for the entire event.

3. Select the "2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals" registration. Others are for specialty like the Yellow Mustang Registry, Red Mustang Registry, etc.

Enter your registration and vehicle information.

Class 200 is '03-'04 Mercury Marauder (Stock)
Class 201 is '03-'04 Mercury Marauder (Modified)
Class 238 is '63-'70 Mercury Marauders

Bluerauder
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Carlisle Events just posted up their Top 10 on registrations for Car Clubs and the Mercury Marauders are not even in the top 10. Usually at this time, we are well into the Top 5.

OK, so who is holding out on their Registration on the Showfield? Remember that our place on the field is dependent on the number of advanced registrations for this year .... NOT the count from last year.

Here is the list so far as of 17 March 2014 ....

TOP CLUB CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Which club is going to be on top come Carlisle All-Ford Nationals? Which club wants to take home one of the Top 3 Banners this year? Without further ado, here is your Top 10 Club Standings:

1st: Focus Rising
2nd: Fairlane Club of America
3rd: Red Mustang Registry
4th: International Thunderbird Club
5th: Mustang Club of America
6th: Team Shelby Northeast Region
7th: Valley Forge Mustang Club
8th: Merkur Club of America
9th: Galaxie Club of America
10th: The Lincoln Mark VII Club

Mebot
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
There's a red mustang club registry?

IwantmyMMnow!
03-17-2014, 07:47 PM
OK, so who is holding out on their Registration on the Showfield.

I won't know for certain until May if I will be going.

Bigdogjim
03-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Charlie I think some are stuck in Louisville mode? :confused:

L.Mark
03-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Mmmm:D Mark VII Club!!!!!

Dereck
03-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi

I will be there as usual hanging with the Lincoln Mark vii Club, flights booked, hotel booked, rental car booked just got to organize pre-registration and I am set

Regards

Dereck

Ms. Denmark
04-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi

I will be there as usual hanging with the Lincoln Mark vii Club, flights booked, hotel booked, rental car booked just got to organize pre-registration and I am set

Regards

Dereck We look forward to seeing you!

Franman
05-03-2014, 09:11 AM
My son and I registered last night for the Central Hotel in Harrisburg, as well as the showfield. We are new to the group, and we're looking forward to meet you all there. Coming from Port Credit, Ontario, Canada.

Fran and Fran Jr

Ms. Denmark
05-03-2014, 09:53 AM
My son and I registered last night for the Central Hotel in Harrisburg, as well as the showfield. We are new to the group, and we're looking forward to meet you all there. Coming from Port Credit, Ontario, Canada.

Fran and Fran Jr That's great! We are so glad to have you join us! I'll add you both to the Hotel list and look forward to seeing you there! Keep an eye out for upcoming threads about group dinner plans and our big Saturday BBQ at the showfield.

DWSTANG67
05-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Just got my showfield sticker today :banana2::banana2::banana2:

Class B073 car number 1178 :burnout:

see you there

Bigdogjim
05-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Got my showfield pass also:)

Bluerauder
05-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Just got my showfield sticker today :banana2::banana2::banana2:

Class B073 car number 1178 :burnout: