PDA

View Full Version : MARAUDER UNDER COVER/Smithtown,LI

DL04
03-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Was just dropping the kid off at school[Smithtown Pines Elem.] and on the way home I saw a Black Marauder under a cover of snow! It was in a driveway just down the street from the school,anybody here leave their Marauder out last night? :nono:

troopcar
03-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Maybe it was the mysterious interloper Marauder that suddenly appeared at our meet last Sunday ...

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/robberhat.gif

troopcar

Marauder
03-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Maybe it was the mysterious interloper Marauder that suddenly appeared at our meet last Sunday ...

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/robberhat.gif

troopcar

Mine was undercover but it was in Queens. :D

Effster
03-18-2004, 08:52 PM
DL04,im in hauppauge,but mine is blue :D

Bigdogjim
03-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Stop by and write the web address in the snow:lol:

mercurymaraduer.net

jgc61sr2002
03-18-2004, 09:28 PM
DL04,im in hauppauge,but mine is blue :D

Jeff - Nice to hear from you. Missed you at last Sundays meet. Hope to see you soon.

Effster
03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
yes john i missed you guys(and girls) too.i just became a partner at S-K speed.The owners son and myself are now have the machine shop.we have been very busy re-doing the place,cleaning painting and adding some new equipment.I will be at the next meet in april i promise.hopefully this snow will go away by them..lol

Krytin
03-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Was just dropping the kid off at school[Smithtown Pines Elem.] and on the way home I saw a Black Marauder under a cover of snow! It was in a driveway just down the street from the school,anybody here leave their Marauder out last night? :nono:

I work in St. James - been driving through all these storms. This morning was the worst so far! Highway departments must be running out of $$.

DL04
03-19-2004, 05:12 PM
I work in St. James - been driving through all these storms. This morning was the worst so far! Highway departments must be running out of $$. Krytin - I havent even driven it in the rain yet,I'm sure its not too good on ice and snow. Do you have traction control in yours? St.James is right around the corner what do you do over there?

CRUZTAKER
03-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Stop by and write the web address in the snow
Just don't do it in yellow:nono:

Krytin
03-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Krytin - I havent even driven it in the rain yet,I'm sure its not too good on ice and snow. Do you have traction control in yours? St.James is right around the corner what do you do over there?

No problem on ice & snow last two winters - the posi is a big help! Run the stock tires year round and have driven up rt 112 out of Pt. Jeff. during the worst of the storms this season! You have to watch how much throttle you give it as the motor has more than enough to break the wheels free on dry pavement. Once the wheels start spinning in the snow/ice you're done!
Mine is a 300A - no traction control.
I work for North Country Tree and Landscaping Service - Maintenance Mechanic. They break it & I fix it. 16 trucks, 4 chippers, 2 grinders, 2 skid steer loaders, 4 trailers, 1 little backhoe & a J.D. tractor.
It's fun & it keeps me busy - not enough time to work on the Marauder!

jgc61sr2002
03-21-2004, 08:40 PM
yes john i missed you guys(and girls) too.i just became a partner at S-K speed.The owners son and myself are now have the machine shop.we have been very busy re-doing the place,cleaning painting and adding some new equipment.I will be at the next meet in april i promise.hopefully this snow will go away by them..lol

Jeff - Congrats and good luck. :beer: