PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Reinhart Tuning....

Marauderjack
03-18-2004, 08:38 AM
As I stated in a previous thread...."Dr. Reinhart" fixed my "tip-in" knocking problem and also adjusted shifting to MY SATISFACTION.....and now HIS SATISFACTION!! :beatnik:

We experimented with shift points and TC lockup and the results are as follows:

Light acceleration:

1-2 shift 15 MPH @ 2200 RPM's
2-3 shift 25 MPH @ 2200 RPM's
TC Lockup 40 MPH @ 2300 RPM's
3-4 shift 45 MPH @ 2100 RPM's

Moderate acceleration:

1-2 shift 25 MPH @ 2500 RPM's
2-3 shift 35 MPH @ 2500 RPM's
TC Lockup 55 MPH @ 2500 RPM's
3-4 shift 60 MPH @ 2500 RPM's

Hard acceleration:

1-2 shift 45-50 MPH @ 6000 RPM's
2-3 shift 90+ MPH @ 6000+ RPM's
TC Lockup..?????
3-4 shift..?????

I have driven the car 600 miles since Dennis performed his "Magic" and have no downshifting issues or spark knock that is detectable!! It handles well in traffic around town and superbly on the highway!! :rock: Hard acceleration at 65 MPH throws it into "unlock"...."3rd"....and "2nd" instantly...Though I haven't experimented with this very much it launches from 65 to 90 in a flash!! :cool4:

Needless to say I am very pleased and Dennis is keeping these program parameters for future 04 Custom Tuning!! :rock:

Marauderjack :D :D :D :D

PS: My RPM figures may not be exact but close enough for comparison purposes!! ;)

Haggis
03-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Glad to hear everything went according to plan and that you are happy with the results. Two weeks to go and I can't wait until Dennis does his work on the BLACK BOMBER. Man I am going to be loving life...WHOOHOO :bounce: :bounce:

Will be in your area on the third trying to get a get-together together on April 3rd, interested?

Silver_04
03-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Marauderjack-I may have to "borrow" your programming parameters when I head to FL in June. Thanks for the info.

Marauderjack
03-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Silver_'04.....

Dennis has stored the program parameters and will probably use them on all future '04 Tuners?? You may want to call him and confirm it but when I spoke with him yesterday and raved about the performance he seemed to want to "nail this one down" as is !!

I will continue to log up miles under all conditions and give him a report in a week or so.....But for now I haven't found anything to criticize!!! :rock: ;)

The car feels a thousand pounds lighter!!!!!

Marauderjack :D :D

Silver_04
03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, I've still got to send my tuner back so I can get the corrected software loaded into it. I'll be asking for your setup.

schuvwj
03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Why lock the TC in 3rd gear?

One of the things I did not like about Dennis's SCT Custom Tuner programs was the TC lock up was too hard at any speed. Much more than 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear shifts.

I had a Jerry dyno tune last summer and it is impossible to tell when the TC locks up at any speed or acceleration. Jerry must lock the TC in first gear.

I left Dennis a note in the SCT Custom Controller box asking him if he could copy the Jerry shift program which was stored in the stock program of the SCT Controller.

Has anybody bought the cable and software allowing you to recieve updated programs from Dennis over the internet? Hate shipping controller to Dennis, cost me $23.00 today.

junehhan
03-18-2004, 10:26 PM
It looks like I may be borrowing your parameters as well when I have a chip done with a dyno tune sometime this summer. That's about perfectly what i'm interested in, as far as my driving experience is concerned. When your torque converter locks up now, does it lock up faster, or does it slip as it locks? If possible, I would probably be more interested in the TC locking up abruptly since I don't like that slipping feeling.

jparrie
03-19-2004, 04:01 AM
As I stated in a previous thread...."Dr. Reinhart" fixed my "tip-in" knocking problem and also adjusted shifting to MY SATISFACTION.....and now HIS SATISFACTION!!

Please describe your "tip in" knocking problem in detail.

Thanks...

Jim

Marauderjack
03-19-2004, 04:54 AM
"Tip In Knocking" is very low speed rattle at around 1100 RPM's that happens on mild acceleration (around a corner) just before a downshift or TC unlock...I think?? At least that is what I had and now it is gone!! :rock: :rock:

The reason I'd like to keep the TC lockup in 3rd is that if I decide to pull my boat in hilly country I can knock the O/D OFF and run in 3rd with TC locked.....Lidio's program will not allow TC lockup with "O/D OFF" and I suspect that slippage will cause heat if towing without TC locked....not to mention fuel mileage!! :confused:

In 4th with TC locked a slight tap of the accelerator and TC unlocks....more accelerator and back to 3rd.....more accelerator and back to 2nd....OFF TO 90+ MPH in a flash.....Wheeeeee!!! :bounce:

What I'd like to see is the "Default Setting" for the O/D to be "OFF" on startup??? You would have to push the button on the shifter to engage O/D!! ;)

Marauderjack :D :D

stevenp1
03-19-2004, 09:24 AM
sent my tuner to dennis should have it today can not wait to get it back next week!

WhoMe
03-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Sorry, but we can't "switch" the O/D operation around. After Dennis put 4.10s and modded my valve body I've been driving around with an "experimental" tune. So far I can't complain about anything except the 1-2 spins the tires a whole lot :)

David
SCT

schuvwj
03-19-2004, 10:25 PM
It looks like I may be borrowing your parameters as well when I have a chip done with a dyno tune sometime this summer. That's about perfectly what i'm interested in, as far as my driving experience is concerned. When your torque converter locks up now, does it lock up faster, or does it slip as it locks? If possible, I would probably be more interested in the TC locking up abruptly since I don't like that slipping feeling.

Yes junehhan, the TC locks very fast, no slippng, but there seems to be no way to reduce the harshness. It makes no differance fast or slow the TC locks up with a bang while in 3rd gear.

sailsmen
03-20-2004, 05:20 AM
Sorry, but we can't "switch" the O/D operation around. After Dennis put 4.10s and modded my valve body I've been driving around with an "experimental" tune. So far I can't complain about anything except the 1-2 spins the tires a whole lot :)

David
SCT

What type of vehcile are you driving?

WhoMe
03-20-2004, 09:55 AM
What type of vehcile are you driving?

An 03 Marauder, of course :)

stevenp1
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
I programmed my 04 today after getting the tuner back from dennis and found the following:

Light acceleration:

1-2 shift 25 MPH @ 3100 RPM's
2-3 shift as soon as 1-2 drops
TC Lockup 40 MPH @ 2300 RPM's
3-4 shift 45 MPH @ 2100 RPM's

Moderate acceleration:

1-2 shift 25 MPH @ 3800 RPM's
3-4 shift 60 MPH @ 2500 RPM's

the car is winding up too long in first gear :mad:
will call dennis tomorrow and see what the trouble is.
i have 3.55 gears in the car but the spedo is still ok so I do not think it is the wrong file as for the 4.10 gears.
anyone else load the new file up yet? I do not know if I have marauderjacks file or not. Im sure it is a small thing to fix but the downshifting is much better now. :up: think I will order the cable this time.

stevenp1
03-24-2004, 05:47 PM
oops need to proofread my posts should be

Moderate acceleration:

1-2 shift 40 MPH @ 3800 RPM's
3-4 shift 60 MPH @ 2500 RPM