PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer x940bt help - oddball parts

robertmee
06-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I bought a used x940bt that was in a sales car for a month...The guy sent me all kinds of stuff that don't appear to have originally come with the unit and I'm trying to figure out what I have. If it matters, unit was in a dodge challenger.

In the shipping box were two XOVision ANF-66 Adustable output adapters. It has a couple RCA jacks on one end along with four wires with spade connectors and two pots on the other end. Is this some kind of signal balancer and if so for what purpose and should I use?

The second item is some FCC transmitter black box with OBDII connector and a small micro switch with a phone signal on it. There's no other markings on it other than the FCC label indicating it's a transmitter. Is this some kind of hands free unit, and if so, why the OBDII connection?

fastblackmerc
06-15-2013, 10:42 AM
I bought a used x940bt that was in a sales car for a month...The guy sent me all kinds of stuff that don't appear to have originally come with the unit and I'm trying to figure out what I have. If it matters, unit was in a dodge challenger.

In the shipping box were two XOVision ANF-66 Adustable output adapters. It has a couple RCA jacks on one end along with four wires with spade connectors and two pots on the other end. Is this some kind of signal balancer and if so for what purpose and should I use?

The second item is some FCC transmitter black box with OBDII connector and a small micro switch with a phone signal on it. There's no other markings on it other than the FCC label indicating it's a transmitter. Is this some kind of hands free unit, and if so, why the OBDII connection?
Bring it over so I can take a look at them.

The transmitter might be to transmit vehicle data via bluetooth to the headunit.

fastblackmerc
06-15-2013, 10:46 AM
The ANF-66 does this:

Preamp RCA noise filter/ Suppressor
For use when noise is caused by ground loop through patch cords
Plugs in at head unit end of RCA cables
Design to reduce engine noise and DV current through the RCA cables
Provides 1.3dB of signal gain and 0.5dB linearity from 20-20,000HZ
Works to compensate for any signal loss that may occur due to additional connections in the signal path

I don't think you need it.

robertmee
06-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I'll definitely do that....I'm waiting on the DIN mount kit and I'll set up a day/time to get together.

I searched the FCC ID and the unit is a:

WINITY WGM100 which appears to be a GSM-GPRS modem. So I'm assuming some kind of hands free phone unit...maybe interfaced the stock challenger radio and just got thrown in the box by mistake.

fastblackmerc
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
I'll definitely do that....I'm waiting on the DIN mount kit and I'll set up a day/time to get together.

I searched the FCC ID and the unit is a:

WINITY WGM100 which appears to be a GSM-GPRS modem. So I'm assuming some kind of hands free phone unit...maybe interfaced the stock challenger radio and just got thrown in the box by mistake.

You can use your bluetooth phone through the X940BT. Nothing additional needed.