PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone help with my Pioneer F90BT

CWright
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I have had this radio since 2008 and the last update was done in 2010. It's running 2.0 which is the latest version. All has been working great until last Thursday. I left in it that morning and it worked great. I had to make a stop and when I cranked the car back up it started to boot up and then just went blank. The backlight doesn't even work on the Map or Menu buttons. I've tried to reset it with the reset button, I've disconnected the battery overnight, and just simply cutting the ignition off then back on. None of this works. It continues to try to boot up and go blank. Is there anyone out here who might could help me out? I really don't want to return this thing to the factory and it cost me to repair it.

Thanks for any help.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Might have to pull it out to see if any connections are loose?

Other than that, GOOGLE...these HUs are pretty much computers nowadays.

Hope you get 'er fixed...

lji372
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Wish I knew more. Did you try google?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22154-unit-wont-boot-up-f90bt/

The unit starts to boot up & when it get about 30sec's into the loading. It turs off. I checked the power fuse & the fuse on the unit itself. I also tried the reboot button on the front of the unit it self & still a no go. Unit has the hardware bypass on it. Any help would be great in this matter.

1) Checked fuses
2) Try reset button
3) Try a hard reset by holding eject and reset for 5 seconds.
4) try my ResetToOEM file from here: ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us ... tToOEM.zip
Unit turns off in the middle of updating files.
5) Just try to do the Back-Up Camra problem.... no go with that.
6) try to reinstall version 2.0 update '
Couldn't finish update had "error code 18 maybe disk space is size full" on it. got up to 77% and stoped

well i have more thing than when i started to play. The unit doesn't turn off no. I can now get into testmode but i have no clue on what to do. But does anybody know how to do a fresh install of 2.0. im working on getting the files & hopefully this will work.

CWright
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Might have to pull it out to see if any connections are loose?

Other than that, GOOGLE...these HUs are pretty much computers nowadays.

Hope you get 'er fixed...

Wish I knew more. Did you try google?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22154-unit-wont-boot-up-f90bt/

The unit starts to boot up & when it get about 30sec's into the loading. It turs off. I checked the power fuse & the fuse on the unit itself. I also tried the reboot button on the front of the unit it self & still a no go. Unit has the hardware bypass on it. Any help would be great in this matter.

1) Checked fuses
2) Try reset button
3) Try a hard reset by holding eject and reset for 5 seconds.
4) try my ResetToOEM file from here: ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us ... tToOEM.zip
Unit turns off in the middle of updating files.
5) Just try to do the Back-Up Camra problem.... no go with that.
6) try to reinstall version 2.0 update '
Couldn't finish update had "error code 18 maybe disk space is size full" on it. got up to 77% and stoped

well i have more thing than when i started to play. The unit doesn't turn off no. I can now get into testmode but i have no clue on what to do. But does anybody know how to do a fresh install of 2.0. im working on getting the files & hopefully this will work.

I did try google but I didn't see all of this. I will give it a try. Thanks guys! :beer:

IwantmyMMnow!
06-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Chris....just noticed at the bottom of this page, there is a 'similar threads' area with several links to threads started about your HU...maybe you'll find some info in one of those...

boatmangc
06-19-2013, 03:26 AM
You should check the specifications page on this HU Chris, you could have exceeded it's G force or outside sound level limit's.. LOL

lji372
06-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Did you get it going?

:popcorn:

CWright
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Chris....just noticed at the bottom of this page, there is a 'similar threads' area with several links to threads started about your HU...maybe you'll find some info in one of those...

Thanks bro!

You should check the specifications page on this HU Chris, you could have exceeded it's G force or outside sound level limit's.. LOL

LMAO! :lol:

Did you get it going?

:popcorn:

Not just yet. I put her in the shop and should have her back Friday. I went ahead and had my tranny beefed up! :burnout::burnout:

lji372
06-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks bro!

LMAO! :lol:

Not just yet. I put her in the shop and should have her back Friday. I went ahead and had my tranny beefed up! :burnout::burnout:

sweeeet!! on the tranny beef:beer:

do not use tbone's tranny guy:shake:

CWright
06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
sweeeet!! on the tranny beef:beer:

do not use tbone's tranny guy:shake:

Yea, I'm always nervous when I have work done... especially when it's not broken. I figured that it was time to get away from the stock setup. I noticed the torque converter was starting to flare at WOT going 2 to 3. Jeff at Marty's shop confirmed it. Their trans guy, Marc, has it at his shop. Now I can say she's built all the way through! :coolman:

MOTOWN
06-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Yea, I'm always nervous when I have work done... especially when it's not broken. I figured that it was time to get away from the stock setup. I noticed the torque converter was starting to flare at WOT going 2 to 3. Jeff at Marty's shop confirmed it. Their trans guy, Marc, has it at his shop. Now I can say she's built all the way through! :coolman:

You should have stoped by and picked up my Hooptie!:depress:

CWright
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
You should have stoped by and picked up my Hooptie!:depress:

I know...... We need to get that girl up and running! :burnout:

CWright
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I tried all the steps mentioned here but no luck with my radio. I guess I'll have to replace it. :alone:

fastblackmerc
07-01-2013, 02:59 PM
I tried all the steps mentioned here but no luck with my radio. I guess I'll have to replace it. :alone:

Before you replace it check with John at Pops Stereo. He is a Pioneer dealer.

CWright
07-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I got it to do something different now. I pressed the reset button and while holding it down I pressed the eject. While keeping my finger on the eject I let go of the reset and it now stays on but the map and mode button just flashes with my Marauder start up screen. Atleast it's not cutting off. I'm searching for any further solutions. :o

fastblackmerc
07-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Check all the connections.

Check all the fuses.

Check http://avic411.com for answers or join and post a question.

Call John @ Pops Stereo

CWright
07-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Check all the connections.

Check all the fuses.

Check http://avic411.com for answers or join and post a question.

Call John @ Pops Stereo

Will do, Thanks!

CWright
07-03-2013, 01:32 PM
I figured it out but what a PITA!!!!!! Now I'm running the 3.1 Version now which makes it much faster.

Krytin
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
oooh, 3.1 version. Time to upgrade!

CWright
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
oooh, 3.1 version. Time to upgrade!

My radio had quit working but this is what I used to upgrade. Now it's working like a champ!

Good luck!

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/page-1

It got a little tricky at step 6 but I figured it out.

fastblackmerc
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
My radio had quit working but this is what I used to upgrade. Now it's working like a champ!

Good luck!

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/page-1

It got a little tricky at step 6 but I figured it out.

Isn't avic411.com great?

CWright
07-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Isn't avic411.com great?

It saved me about a grand replacing my radio! It was a HUGE help! :cool: