PDA

View Full Version : Mariner Audiophile Stereo Q

Gabby1
06-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Hey folks, my 03 Marauder is having the same old radio issues you've all heard about...the tuner goes to static but the CD works yada-yada...

I read multiple threads about the Mariner Audiophile Stereo and have a Q for you Gurus...

I see a lot of Audiophile 6L8T-8C815-FC listed on eBay.

Q is: what is the difference between Audiophile 6L8T-8C815-"FD" & Escape Audiophile 6L8T-8C815-"FC"?

Will it work the same as the "FD" unit?
Thanks,
Gabby1

fastblackmerc
06-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Hey folks, my 03 Marauder is having the same old radio issues you've all heard about...the tuner goes to static but the CD works yada-yada...

I read multiple threads about the Mariner Audiophile Stereo and have a Q for you Gurus...

Q is: what is the difference between Audiophile 6L8T-8C815-"FD" & Escape Audiophile 6L8T-8C815-"FC"?

Thanks,
Gabby1
Don't know the difference.... I do know the Escape unit is plug 'n' play.

SC Cheesehead
06-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Thanks,
Gabby1

IIRC, the FC is the preceding production series, but I think they're basically the same radio.

Gabby1
06-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Gents

Gabby1
07-09-2013, 08:00 AM
I bought a MACH 300 off eBay for $224.10 or $241.07 delivered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160744971895?item=160744971895&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1120&vxp=mtr

The seller is OEM Car Audio. The radio was delivered, thoroughly packaged with a lot of bubble wrap. It's in great physical shape. Part Number: 5L8T 18C815 DE. The stereo plugged in with no issues. It sounds great. Like other posts - it sounds louder then before but more so, crisper at higher volumes.

Gabby

ctrlraven
07-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Should of waited and got a Audiophile unit 6L8T-8C815-FD or FC. They do produce more output wattage with a more dynamic mid range and bass sound. I installed the one I had for sale into Mebot's MM and the difference was night and day with all stock speakers. When it was in my car I had aftermarket front components and a 12" sub and I was quite surprised with the Audiophile and made the factory sound a lot more comparable to newer vehicle sound systems that come with more speakers and power.

Vortech347
07-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Dumb question. Does it still signal the factory sub?

ctrlraven
07-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Dumb question. Does it still signal the factory sub?
Yes the ONLY thing that changes is if you have a factory cd-changer it will no longer work as you will have 6-disc in the dash. Sub and steering wheel controls are all retained.

Mr. Man
07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
OK another stupid ??? If you didn't have a 6 CD changer in the trunk will the 6 CD in the unit work or would you need to add wires?

bigmerc'03
07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
it will work just fine no additional wires needed...plug and play its just that simple unplug old radio plug in new radio and enjoy!!!:party:ROCK ON!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2013, 03:24 AM
OK another stupid ??? If you didn't have a 6 CD changer in the trunk will the 6 CD in the unit work or would you need to add wires?

it will work just fine no additional wires needed...plug and play its just that simple unplug old radio plug in new radio and enjoy!!!:party:ROCK ON!!!!!
^^^^ What he said. Plug and play, well worth it, IMO.

Dereck
07-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi

I bought an Audiophile stereo from an Escape with all the right numbers as recommended on this site and the sound is crap, sounds like a 10 dollar piece of Chinese ****. I have to have the bass turned right up and the treble turned right down to get any assemblence of a reasonable listen.

Regards

Dereck

ctrlraven
07-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Double check that your Occupancy mode is set to ALL SEATS.

Occupancy mode: (Available on Audiophile systems only.) Press MENU
until occupancy mode appears in the display. Press SEL to select ALL
SEATS, DRIVER SEAT or REAR SEATS occupancy mode.

I would try taking the unit out and make sure all plugs are fully seated. If nothing still helps it sounds like you got a bad radio as there is a vast improvement with this unit over the factory radio.

Dereck
07-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Ctrlraven

Occupancy set to all seats, connectors fully seated and it's nowhere near the sound quality of my OEM stereo, that one had ten times the bass so much infact the sub-woofer worked loose and I had to loctite the mounting screws, this Audiophile's bass sounds like a muffled fart in a can.

Regards

Dereck

ctrlraven
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Sounds like the unit is bad. What is the part number of the unit you have?

Are you listening to the radio or a CD?

Blk04MM
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
What year escape?? (No hijacking intended)

ctrlraven
07-10-2013, 11:16 AM
What year escape?? (No hijacking intended)
The 6L8T-18C815-FD is the most popular unit to swap to.
ESCAPE 06-07 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
ESCAPE 06-07 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
MARINER 06-07 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
MARINER 06-07 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD

There is also the 6L8T-18C815-FC also which is from the following
ESCAPE 05-06 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
ESCAPE 05-06 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
MARINER 05-06 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
MARINER 05-06 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC

The 6L8T units are from the Escape Limited and Mariner Premier trim levels.

The Mach 300 unit 5L8T-18C815-CE is from the 05-06 Escape XLT and Mariner Luxury trim levels while the 5L8T-18C815-DE is from the 07-08 models of the same mid-level trim.

Blk04MM
07-10-2013, 12:20 PM
The 6L8T-18C815-FD is the most popular unit to swap to.
ESCAPE 06-07 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
ESCAPE 06-07 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
MARINER 06-07 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD
MARINER 06-07 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FD

There is also the 6L8T-18C815-FC also which is from the following
ESCAPE 05-06 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
ESCAPE 05-06 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
MARINER 05-06 exc. Hybrid; AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC
MARINER 05-06 Hybrid, AM-FM-CD (6 disc, in dash), ID 6L8T-18C815-FC

The 6L8T units are from the Escape Limited and Mariner Premier trim levels.

The Mach 300 unit 5L8T-18C815-CE is from the 05-06 Escape XLT and Mariner Luxury trim levels while the 5L8T-18C815-DE is from the 07-08 models of the same mid-level trim.

Ok. Thanks.

Gabby1
07-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Birdman...Your comment was an attempt at a cute slam at my expense yet you're a day late and a dollar shot in this thread.

I did a lot of research in fact and looked for, as you blatantly pointed out, "Audiophile unit 6L8T-8C815-FD or FC" but you wouldn't know that as you didn't reply to my earlier question (did you?) and I couldn't find one on eBay, Amazon, Craigs List, etc., and I asked multiple Marauder.net Memebrs (including you) on their threads but no one replied to specific Qs, zero replies. As for my thread...A few kind Marauder members responded but were honest and direct and didn't know the answer to my Q. As of last week, I still didn't get my Q resolved - If the 5 or 6 units were the same and/or compatible so I bought what I hoped would work as I was tired of static coming out of my speakers.

In my case...the "5" unit works fine am I'm happy with the product. It's not a $1000 stereo unit rather a plug and play unit for my 03' Marauder that retains my factory settings/steering wheel controls. As for the forum members... Pass the beer nuts.

To all you new users to Marauder.Net users, read the threads and take it for what it's worth but don't take the advise to heart. Do your own research. Also, stay with quality products like Motorcraft and don't listen to threads like using Granatelli Coil Packs (for example); they're junk and will leave you stranded at 5 a.m. on I-75. I know, I have the receipts to prove it. Thank goodness JEGS takes electrical items back at full cost. Stick with your instinct and buy known products.

Good luck on this web site...
God Speed
Gabby1, a 3 sandbox tour Reservist out of Dobbins ARB, GA

Gabby1
07-10-2013, 05:14 PM
And to Marauder.net web builder...
Thanks...
I'm out
Good luck Brother
Gabby1

ctrlraven
07-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Birdman...Your comment was an attempt at a cute slam at my expense yet you're a day late and a dollar shot in this thread.

I did a lot of research in fact and looked for, as you blatantly pointed out, "Audiophile unit 6L8T-8C815-FD or FC" but you wouldn't know that as you didn't reply to my earlier question (did you?) and I couldn't find one on eBay, Amazon, Craigs List, etc., and I asked multiple Marauder.net Memebrs (including you) on their threads but no one replied to specific Qs, zero replies. As for my thread...A few kind Marauder members responded but were honest and direct and didn't know the answer to my Q. As of last week, I still didn't get my Q resolved - If the 5 or 6 units were the same and/or compatible so I bought what I hoped would work as I was tired of static coming out of my speakers.

In my case...the "5" unit works fine am I'm happy with the product. It's not a $1000 stereo unit rather a plug and play unit for my 03' Marauder that retains my factory settings/steering wheel controls. As for the forum members... Pass the beer nuts.

To all you new users to Marauder.Net users, read the threads and take it for what it's worth but don't take the advise to heart. Do your own research. Also, stay with quality products like Motorcraft and don't listen to threads like using Granatelli Coil Packs (for example); they're junk and will leave you stranded at 5 a.m. on I-75. I know, I have the receipts to prove it. Thank goodness JEGS takes electrical items back at full cost. Stick with your instinct and buy known products.

Good luck on this web site...
God Speed
Gabby1, a 3 sandbox tour Reservist out of Dobbins ARB, GA
My reply was just simply that a reply, so don't get your undies all bunched up. I don't know what you do on the other side of your computer nor do I care.

If the unit you bought works for you then that's great and all that really matters, it's a step up from stock and I hope you enjoy it!

I didn't reply to your earlier question because I did not know the answer. I'm not going to post up incorrect information like that as most of the members of the site trust others and go by what they say when offering advice or new knowledgeable information. I only found the correct answers today about true differences with the part numbers, all of the ones I listed have the SAT button and subwoofer plug which is what we need for the MM. The SAT button function is only going to be used if the a PIE adapter is applied and will allow use of an AUX input via ipod or rca to 3.5mm jack.

cat in the hat
07-10-2013, 07:27 PM
What's a good price range for one of these ?

jimlam56
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
My reply was just simply that a reply, so don't get your undies all bunched up. I don't know what you do on the other side of your computer nor do I care.

If the unit you bought works for you then that's great and all that really matters, it's a step up from stock and I hope you enjoy it!

I didn't reply to your earlier question because I did not know the answer. I'm not going to post up incorrect information like that as most of the members of the site trust others and go by what they say when offering advice or new knowledgeable information. I only found the correct answers today about true differences with the part numbers, all of the ones I listed have the SAT button and subwoofer plug which is what we need for the MM. The SAT button function is only going to be used if the a PIE adapter is applied and will allow use of an AUX input via ipod or rca to 3.5mm jack.

Thanks for the info!

ctrlraven
07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
What's a good price range for one of these ?
$150-200, finding one in that range has become quite a lot harder now.

Most of the units for sale on eBay are listed around $300+ now.

The 6L8T FC/FD Auidophile models put out 190 watts of power and play mp3s where I believe the Mach 300 units do not.

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2013, 05:22 AM
$150-200, finding one in that range has become quite a lot harder now.

Most of the units for sale on eBay are listed around $300+ now.

The 6L8T FC/FD Auidophile models put out 190 watts of power and play mp3s where I believe the Mach 300 units do not.

^^^^^ Yup.

May also want to check out LKQ http://www.lkqcorp.com/

I've purchased several items through them includng my Audiophile radio. They're a good bunch offolks.

ctrlraven
07-11-2013, 05:41 AM
^^^^^ Yup.

May also want to check out LKQ http://www.lkqcorp.com/

I've purchased several items through them includng my Audiophile radio. They're a good bunch offolks.
LKQ has a 6L8T FC unit listed on ebay for $146 right now I think. The face plate looks kinda rough but could be cleaned and might be fine.

When the radios are getting into the $300+ range it's almost worth spending a little more and getting a in-dash navi touchscreen unit from Pioneer.

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
LKQ has a 6L8T FC unit listed for $146 right now I think.

That's about what I paid for mine a while back. LKQ alo has a 100% satisfaction guarantee; if the item you buy doesn't work, they'll replace it, no cost, no questions asked.